Expired Hot Deals

[Koodo] Targeted Public Mobile 12/120 to Koodo 6gb for $40 No Referrals

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 17th, 2018 3:47 pm

Poll: Did you transfer to Koodo?

• Total votes: 418. You have voted on this poll.
1) Yes

68%
2) No

32%

Poll ended at Apr 7th, 2018 8:42 pm

Jan 18, 2016
614 posts
648 upvotes
Kitchener, ON
IEpicDestroyer wrote:
If you key in SPCKOODO1 for the promo code, it'll prompt for the last 10 digits of a SPC card at checkout. You get three tries, then your blocked for three days, which is why I suggested you just spam numbers into spc's site until the coupon code pops up.
The code is SPCKOODO2 but it is not taking even a valid SPC card number, I have one and I already tried. I guess I have to visit Koodo kiosk. I am waiting to hear if anyone had a success.
Surprisingly it is still taking the Koodo 6GB40 code with my already Koodo (switched from PM 120/40) phone number and saying $100 bill credit offer applied...LOL...but I do not want to mesh up my number or plan so I did not applied it.
Deal Addict
Dec 25, 2017
1825 posts
1282 upvotes
souvik126 wrote: The code is SPCKOODO2 but it is not taking even a valis SPC card number, I have one and I already tried. I guess I have to visit Koodo kiosk.
Surprisingly it is still taking the Koodo 6GB40 code with my already Koodo (switched from PM 120/40) phone number and saying $100 bill credit offer applied...LOL...but I do not want to mesh up my number or plan so I did not applied it.
Really? It shows SPCKOODO1 on my end when I enter my own card's number into the site.
Maybe try phoning in? It could be that the site's glitched. But it could be that both the SPCKOODO1 and SPCKOODO2 codes are valid too, both of them are being accepted on their site.
Oct 24, 2009
806 posts
720 upvotes
Vancouver
Got the SPC code to work (it replaces any bill credits from the phone purchase) but I can't seem to get another phone as I was on the earlier iPhone 6 gift card deal. I thought that we were allowed to pay off the tab early if we were upgrading? Or am I remembering badly? If so, PM me if you're willing to pay $5 for a SPC card that I just bought online for $10...
Jan 18, 2016
614 posts
648 upvotes
Kitchener, ON
IEpicDestroyer wrote: Really? It shows SPCKOODO1 on my end when I enter my own card's number into the site.
Maybe try phoning in? It could be that the site's glitched. But it could be that both the SPCKOODO1 and SPCKOODO2 codes are valid too, both of them are being accepted on their site.
https://imgur.com/a/asZN1
Deal Addict
Dec 25, 2017
1825 posts
1282 upvotes

Wonder why the site is showing both SPCKOODO1 and SPCKOODO2. What's the difference anyway, both yields same discount. Guess follow what the site says, since probably people will be guessing card numbers to use.
Jul 13, 2011
48 posts
9 upvotes
Van
Just put the order through for the $40/6GB plan and the new sim card. If I currently have a koodo sim card (opened and cancelled an account during black friday day deals last year), can I use it instead? Or do I have to wait for the new sim to arrive to activate my account and transfer the PM number?

Thanks!
Oct 16, 2015
4 posts
York, ON
Does the SPC koodo code work when you switch from public to koodo? When I transferred yesterday and tried to use it the rep told me that he wasn't able to stack the SPC code with the public mobile code and if I wanted to use the SPC code I would have to switch plans
Last edited by Av1997 on Mar 9th, 2018 4:03 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: spelling
Jan 7, 2015
444 posts
68 upvotes
GVR
IEpicDestroyer wrote: Image

Wonder why the site is showing both SPCKOODO1 and SPCKOODO2. What's the difference anyway, both yields same discount. Guess follow what the site says, since probably people will be guessing card numbers to use.
I got SPCKOODO3 on my end lol
Jan 8, 2010
234 posts
4 upvotes
Does Koodo start billing on receiving SIM or activating it? I would like to wait til my Public Mobile renewal date to activate.
Oct 7, 2009
685 posts
327 upvotes
Toronto
jmedora wrote: Does Koodo start billing on receiving SIM or activating it? I would like to wait til my Public Mobile renewal date to activate.
Starts billing .
But they give you $ 100 bill credit instantly.. So you don't have to pay for first couple of month.
I am a Public Mobile subscriber
I am a Koodo subscriber
Deal Addict
Oct 2, 2006
1546 posts
194 upvotes
Toronto
wearysky wrote: Nope, no can do. There's no way to activate a sim purchased from a store online. When you get it online, they activate it before they send it to you.
Since the sim is activated before they mail it out does that mean it's too late to attach a referral to that line if I'll be porting a PM number once I get the sim?
Nov 10, 2013
75 posts
58 upvotes
TORONTO
I just prepaid my PM account for the next three months. If I change to Koodo now, Can anyone confirm that Koodo will credit people like me, in this deal ?
Jul 14, 2007
99 posts
28 upvotes
playerhayter wrote: I just prepaid my PM account for the next three months. If I change to Koodo now, Can anyone confirm that Koodo will credit people like me, in this deal ?
They'll give you a $100 credit to compensate and you can get another $100 through a referral if you activate online.
Nov 10, 2009
767 posts
284 upvotes
Toronto, ON
playerhayter wrote: I just prepaid my PM account for the next three months. If I change to Koodo now, Can anyone confirm that Koodo will credit people like me, in this deal ?
Negative. You'll get $100 bill credit to offset the same.
Koodo $40/6GB, $35/5GB
Public Mobile customer
Rogers 500u - $30
Deal Fanatic
Jun 3, 2006
8362 posts
3554 upvotes
12 days north of Hop…
rolomonster wrote: For anyone looking to jump on a device promo in store, BB has the Samsung A5 on Medium Tab with $250 for new activations. I have sold 2 in the last few months for $300 easily. Also, its not a bad mid-range device. I've set one up for my mother.

Factoring referral and $100 activation credit from switching to Koodo:
$360x1.13-250-25-100= $31 OOP
IMO you should also factor the amount you lost to the voided Public plan... which is $37 a month for at least 2 depending when you renewed.