Expired Hot Deals

[Koodo] Targeted Public Mobile 12/120 to Koodo 6gb for $40 No Referrals

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 17th, 2018 3:47 pm

Poll: Did you transfer to Koodo?

• Total votes: 418. You have voted on this poll.
1) Yes

68%
2) No

32%

Poll ended at Apr 7th, 2018 8:42 pm

Sep 14, 2016
176 posts
46 upvotes
anyway to get this deal as a current koodo cusomter
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2003
16592 posts
3030 upvotes
Toronto
Buffguy wrote: anyway to get this deal as a current koodo cusomter
Nope. You need to be a Public Mobile customer on the 12 GB LTE/90 day plan.
Deal Expert
Mar 14, 2009
15146 posts
6168 upvotes
wearysky wrote: It's VERY ymmv right now. Some people are receiving activated sims on a temporary number (which is what you want to happen), others are getting orders cancelled outright before the sim even ships, and others are getting shipped sims that aren't activated yet and they have to call in (and when they call in, they're being told they have to port their number over from PM).

Yeah, just cuz you ordered it doesn't mean you'll get it to work. See my above comment.
I'm thinking if we give it some time they will activate the SIM cards automatically and we will get the email. They are probably just backlogged right now.
I am a Zoomer customer.
Oct 14, 2012
111 posts
39 upvotes
Richmond Hill
audit13 wrote: Nope. You need to be a Public Mobile customer on the 12 GB LTE/90 day plan.
Username checks out. :)
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
18321 posts
8166 upvotes
Oakville
SickBeast wrote: I'm thinking if we give it some time they will activate the SIM cards automatically and we will get the email. They are probably just backlogged right now.
Maybe. If it's just for a second line and you don't care if you get the promo plan or not (ie it's not your primary plan), might as well just wait.
Lucky Koodo $40/6GB (with $15/10GB add-on) recipient
Deal Addict
Jun 15, 2004
1272 posts
266 upvotes
Toronto
wearysky wrote: It's VERY ymmv right now. Some people are receiving activated sims on a temporary number (which is what you want to happen), others are getting orders cancelled outright before the sim even ships, and others are getting shipped sims that aren't activated yet and they have to call in (and when they call in, they're being told they have to port their number over from PM).

Yeah, just cuz you ordered it doesn't mean you'll get it to work. See my above comment.
thanks wearysky

i suppose my only concern is they do something with my existing 6gb plan like terminate it as a result of trying to move someone over using the 4gb plan.
if that isn't something i should be worried about, the risk is simply losing $15 dollars I suppose for the SIM order....

tough call.
Jul 3, 2013
106 posts
18 upvotes
Hi everyone. I'm looking to transfer over to Koodo today, but don't need a new phone. If I went to a Walmart kiosk, would I be eligible for any giftcard? Or is that only if you get a phone during the sign-up? Thanks.
Sep 17, 2008
766 posts
286 upvotes
BC
So I used the $100 referral link that my friend sent to me and ordered the sim card. Now the link is not available any more, but what happen if I port in another line with the same registered name, will I also get the $100 referral on the second line?
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2003
16592 posts
3030 upvotes
Toronto
AFAIK, ordering a sim as a new customer causes another credit check in addition to the risk of losing $17 for the sim card.
May 27, 2011
456 posts
491 upvotes
Montreal
As people are starting to receive their SIM cards, here's a quick guide on how to activate a transfer number from PM to KD port request and finish the referral process

1. Activate SIM card
Unless you somehow got an activated SIM, you need to activate it first by calling it (you see Emergency calls only if you pop it in)
- Call at 1-866-995-6636 (go through the options to Activate Phone/Account)
- A Sales Rep will ask you now a lot of questions, some of them don't make sense (i.e. what's your temporary number), some do, like:
-- Order number and Date (your first confirmation email)
-- IMEI of the phone (dial *#06#)
-- SIM # (see the back of the sim card at the bottom)
-- PIN number (you know, the one you put in the initial port request? yeah, that one that you don't remember, lol)
-- Promotion plan code (GOKOODO406GB)
-- PM Account number (login to your PM self serve, top right, it starts with 10000000xxxx)
-- PM phone number
- You could also go through the Self Serve setup with the agent but once I had my number ported and an account number given I just said no thanks, I'll do it online by myself. I was already 20-25 minutes on the line and though it would be better for both of us to skip this part. By the way, the number port happens instantly, you don't need to wait up to 4 hours, so you can do Self Serve online right away (as you will need the number to receive an SMS confirmation code)

2. Confirm Referral Code
- Remember the confirmation email you received when you used the referral code? It looks like this
referral.jpg

- Click on the Provide Koodo Phone number
- Enter the number (it looks like this)
transfer.jpg

- Done.

Hope this helps.
Last edited by bobitza on Mar 14th, 2018 4:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mar 31, 2017
216 posts
205 upvotes

Looking at other comments my chances to get sim/activation are extremely slim. But if I will get sim I will request to port my number from Public mobile(90/12g plan 45$)to Koodo.
Deal Expert
Mar 14, 2009
15146 posts
6168 upvotes
wearysky wrote: Maybe. If it's just for a second line and you don't care if you get the promo plan or not (ie it's not your primary plan), might as well just wait.
Are you saying that if I don't activate my primary SIM card right away I might not get the $40 6gb plan? When is the deadline? Tomorrow?

I figured since I ordered the SIM card last week I could take my time.
I am a Zoomer customer.
Nov 7, 2017
270 posts
92 upvotes
yogiz wrote: Just an update. Iphone6 at walmart is $275 GC
FYI : it was $325 last weekend and $350 worth of points at Loblaws/Superstore.
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2003
16592 posts
3030 upvotes
Toronto
Capindy wrote: Looking at other comments my chances to get sim/activation are extremely slim. But if I will get sim I will request to port my number from Public mobile(90/12g plan 45$)to Koodo.
If the sim is not activated, the CSR may ask for the PM number to validate the promo and ask why the # being ported is not the same # that was used to validate the promo code.

Right now, I think getting the plan through a CSR is a YMMV situation without porting an eligible PM number.
Last edited by audit13 on Mar 14th, 2018 5:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2003
16592 posts
3030 upvotes
Toronto
SickBeast wrote: Are you saying that if I don't activate my primary SIM card right away I might not get the $40 6gb plan? When is the deadline? Tomorrow?

I figured since I ordered the SIM card last week I could take my time.
My original text message said "Until March 14, 2018, join Koodo and get 4 GB of data,unlimited text...." which leads me to believe that the sim must be activated by March 15.

AFAIK, the March 15 data was not changed when they sent out the 6 GB offer.