Expired Hot Deals

[Koodo] Targeted Public Mobile 12/120 to Koodo 6gb for $40 No Referrals

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 17th, 2018 3:47 pm

Poll: Did you transfer to Koodo?

• Total votes: 418. You have voted on this poll.
1) Yes

68%
2) No

32%

Poll ended at Apr 7th, 2018 8:42 pm

Deal Addict
Jan 21, 2007
4741 posts
1828 upvotes
Scarborough
DjRags604 wrote: I know that asking for a referral is not allowed here. Just wondering how one does get a referral?
You make a post like this one and a hundred people PM you.
Deal Addict
Oct 7, 2016
1763 posts
897 upvotes
FoMoHotDeals wrote: lol..If that's all you got from that post...anyways I started the Heading with YMMV and ended with YMMV also ended the post with YMMV
People like you just hate and make it difficult for others to even try to get a good deal. The worst thing that can happen if some was try to do what i did is end up paying for the sim card fee if they dont have one.
Lol... Yes I am a hater for summarizing your method.

Just because you didn't get positive feedback and got some downvotes (not from me for the record) from your thread in the 15 minutes it exisited, you deleted it.

Anyone can try and ask a supervisor nicely, I'm not knocking that. But not going to suggest someone to do what you did and risk getting nothing out of it.

But haters gonna hate.
Koodo: $60/10GB
Zoomer: $45 4GB LTE Loyalty Plan
OP of the Zoomer Wireless $36 2GB LTE Promo
Penalty Box
May 15, 2016
5494 posts
1862 upvotes
What does a referral do? And can you refer someone else after you get one yourself or does it take a while to setup and process?
Deal Addict
Dec 10, 2017
1662 posts
1388 upvotes
Toronto
rolomonster wrote: Lol... Yes I am a hater for summarizing your method.

Just because you didn't get positive feedback and got some downvotes (not from me for the record) from your thread in the 15 minutes it exisited, you deleted it.

Anyone can try and ask a supervisor nicely, I'm not knocking that. But not going to suggest someone to do what you did and risk getting nothing out of it.

But haters gonna hate.
IMO for $40 6GB plan, the sim card fee is worth the risk
Multi Millionaire in Points
Deal Addict
Oct 7, 2016
1763 posts
897 upvotes
vivibaby wrote: What does a referral do? And can you refer someone else after you get one yourself?
You can only refer once you have an active account. You cannot refer until then.
Koodo: $60/10GB
Zoomer: $45 4GB LTE Loyalty Plan
OP of the Zoomer Wireless $36 2GB LTE Promo
Aug 27, 2017
155 posts
114 upvotes
This is crazy. I ported over back when the offer was 5GB. Going to call Koodo and see if I can get upgraded to 6GB.

Edit: Waited 45mins on the phone but the guy was super nice and did it without any pushback after a brief 5-min hold! Thank you RFD yet again!
Last edited by ceptionin on Mar 8th, 2018 8:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Koodo 6GB $40/month
Deal Addict
Oct 14, 2015
1097 posts
1084 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Anyone with $60/10gb plan tried to get something out of customer service? Is it worth a try of you act dumb and maybe ask them that you dont really need 10gb data?
Maybe acting dumb will help. Face With Tears Of Joy
Koodo $40 10GB!
Dec 28, 2006
403 posts
474 upvotes
Abbotsford BC
Called back they added the sim credit back for me
Koodo $40 6gb customer.
Jan 29, 2014
484 posts
502 upvotes
Toronto
How long did it take you guys to get the sim card? I ordered on Tuesday and I still haven't gotten a shipping email yet (today is Thursday).
Deal Addict
Dec 10, 2017
1662 posts
1388 upvotes
Toronto
DjRags604 wrote: I know that asking for a referral is not allowed here. Just wondering how one does get a referral?
Just out of curiosity, How many so far??
Jan 7, 2015
421 posts
62 upvotes
GVR
Are SIM cards shipped via lettermail or courier?
Deal Addict
Dec 31, 2013
1620 posts
919 upvotes
condo
Look on Facebook, Craigslist, Kijiji, or Reddit
Mar 9, 2009
211 posts
48 upvotes
professormeth wrote: How long did it take you guys to get the sim card? I ordered on Tuesday and I still haven't gotten a shipping email yet (today is Thursday).
Same for me. Ordered on Tue night at around 11:30pm (Toronto), still no shipping email yet Disappointed But Relieved Face Im kinda worry now...
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 5, 2009
3045 posts
1180 upvotes
I ordered 2 days ago and I received it today. I am in Toronto.
Current cell plans:
Fido $15 3gb
Koodo $40 for 5GB Public Mobile migration plan.

Affordable wireless is possible, just takes some creativity.
Deal Addict
Dec 10, 2017
1662 posts
1388 upvotes
Toronto
professormeth wrote: How long did it take you guys to get the sim card? I ordered on Tuesday and I still haven't gotten a shipping email yet (today is Thursday).
I ordered on a Sunday, got it first thing in the morning on Tuesday. But activation email didn't come until Wednesday afternoon, which you need to register the sim/selfserve account.