Expired Hot Deals

[Koodo] Targeted Public Mobile 12/120 to Koodo 6gb for $40 No Referrals

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 17th, 2018 3:47 pm

Poll: Did you transfer to Koodo?

• Total votes: 418. You have voted on this poll.
1) Yes

68%
2) No

32%

Poll ended at Apr 7th, 2018 8:42 pm

Penalty Box
May 15, 2016
5428 posts
1841 upvotes
Can you skip buying the sim card if you already have a koodo sim card?
Jul 16, 2003
588 posts
218 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
Proxism wrote: Medium tab is $150 bill credit.

I have another accouunt also on $40/6gb with no tab, but that account doesn't seem to have the offer. Sorry, it might be targeted. But why would they target my account with a tab offer that already has a tab? That's stupid, lol. It's also a better deal now, just rubbing it in Koodo?
I logged into my account on firefox and on chrome and still showing up to $75 on just a few phones. Although way koodo website is going now, I don't trust it. Sometimes it says only $25 for referrals when I go to the referral site and other times it says the $100. I think their site is glitching like crazy. I have sim on the way. Hopefully this deal happens as I'm planning on buying the Pixel 2 and an extra $100 off on med tab would be awesome!

In fact right now on Chrome it doesn't eve show the up to $75 on large tab but if I log in on firefox it shows it on the select phones.

Has anyone else seen this offer yet?
2x $40/6Gb Koodo plans for PM 2016 Fall Promo subscribers
Public Mobile 12/120 plan paying $19/month for 4Gb after rewards
Koodo Seasonal hold $15/month for buying phones
3x Virgin flexdata $5/month for 1Gb in ipads/voip phones
Deal Addict
Jul 16, 2012
1179 posts
736 upvotes
Vancouver, BC Canada
Mixam wrote: I logged into my account on firefox and on chrome and still showing up to $75 on just a few phones. Although way koodo website is going now, I don't trust it. Sometimes it says only $25 for referrals when I go to the referral site and other times it says the $100. I think their site is glitching like crazy. I have sim on the way. Hopefully this deal happens as I'm planning on buying the Pixel 2 and an extra $100 off on med tab would be awesome!

In fact right now on Chrome it doesn't eve show the up to $75 on large tab but if I log in on firefox it shows it on the select phones.

Has anyone else seen this offer yet?
I’d suggest stick with Chrome incognito seems to work best. Still $50/$75 here.
Jul 16, 2003
588 posts
218 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
canucks4life wrote: I’d suggest stick with Chrome incognito seems to work best. Still $50/$75 here.
I logged out and logged in on my wife's account and I got the little star notification explaining the up to $200 till April 1st deal but when I actually go look at phones, it doesn't show up. I think the website is just glitching bad.
Deal Addict
Mar 6, 2002
1147 posts
460 upvotes
Vancouver
vivibaby wrote: Can you skip buying the sim card if you already have a koodo sim card?
You have to buy a new sim during activation.
Oct 16, 2010
291 posts
678 upvotes
This is on the front page banner for me:

The little star there says, "Special Offer"

Mixam wrote: I logged out and logged in on my wife's account and I got the little star notification explaining the up to $200 till April 1st deal but when I actually go look at phones, it doesn't show up. I think the website is just glitching bad.
Well good, at least other people see it. The offer is probably officially launching tomorrow.
Jun 23, 2013
194 posts
138 upvotes
Brampton
Proxism wrote: This is on the front page banner for me:

The little star there says, "Special Offer"

Well good, at least other people see it. The offer is probably officially launching tomorrow.
Can you go into shop -> phones and paste the link here? Looks like the deals are driven by the link for some reason.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 18, 2003
5598 posts
1382 upvotes
Mississauga
I'm going to call in the morning to get an adjustment....i just ordered phone this morning for$50 bill credit... they better give me this extra $100... since i don't even have the phone yet so I'm still within return policy...lol
Jun 23, 2013
194 posts
138 upvotes
Brampton
Ducky wrote: I'm going to call in the morning to get an adjustment....i just ordered phone this morning for$50 bill credit... they better give me this extra $100... since i don't even have the phone yet so I'm still within return policy...lol
Same.
Jan 29, 2014
484 posts
502 upvotes
Toronto
I don't even see a tab large option and all the offers are only $50 for me.
Jul 16, 2003
588 posts
218 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
Looks like if this deal comes through for everyone tomorrow RFD will break the koodo site and the help lines again...

Even on my wife's account that has the notice about the deal, the banner doesn't show up and neither do the actual deals yet.

Now I know I'm buying a pixel 2 but what to do with the extra accounts that have a bunch of credit from the $100 activation and the $100 referral. What would be the best deal for resale? Obviously not the iphone 6/se or the galaxy A5 as they have better Walmart deals. Maybe the essential phone? It never seems to have any in store gift cards and is $0 on tab medium. Thoughts anyone?
Deal Fanatic
Jan 18, 2003
5598 posts
1382 upvotes
Mississauga
aahan91 wrote: Same.
i feel screwed over but I'm pretty sure we will win... since we have the ability to return it

I'm sure they rather just give us adjustment vs return the phone and reorder...
Dec 28, 2003
18 posts
2 upvotes
Toronto
Does any know if I use the $100 referral link created a few days ago and activate in store, will we both get:
1. $100 each or
2. $25 each or
3. $100 and $25 respectively

Thnx