Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Telus Mobility

Winback Offer $45 25GB BYOD (YMMV)

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 28th, 2022 1:43 pm
Mar 23, 2004
47726 posts
13898 upvotes
Markham
jaypreet wrote: I am not the current customer. I had ported out to Freedom couple months ago.. the rep never asked me about which provider or anything. All he said that my account was not eligible and he gave me his best offer ($50-20 GB on Telus). Initially he had said that no body can offer $45-25gb plan so I knew it was another BS.
couple months ago wont qualify you for the plan. But yeah he shouldnt hide the fact that this plan exists. I mean $50/20 gb is already pretty good.
Mar 23, 2018
382 posts
509 upvotes
Toronto
kapid11 wrote: I would kind of also think this as well if it were not for what @liftinpeanuts mentioned about the CRTC putting pressure on them, and as well as Telus, Bell, and Rogers not almost immediately increasing their prices again once they've each got their satisfied amount of customers back.

While it is true that in many instances prices do become competitive once in a while, it's hard to say this is strong competition as we're all familiar with them increasing the prices shortly after again & us being surprised on our monthly bills lol
For more information: https://globalnews.ca/news/6559946/telu ... -wireless/
Oct 24, 2012
25 posts
12 upvotes
VANCOUVER
Ok I've read through almost 30 pages, just confirming what I can/should do.

Current long time customer with telus with a 15GB/$70 BYOD plan currently. So I should be able to go into a walmart and port over my number to freedom on any of their BYOD plans. Then after some amount of time (maybe an hour, maybe a day) call in and say I received a call about my recently cancelled plan, should then be able to port the same original # back over to Telus on 25gb/$45.

Just wanting a little confirmation before putting in this work, which if it works is well worth the savings.
Deal Addict
Oct 26, 2010
4401 posts
10674 upvotes
RIP the call dropped (or the rep hung up) after I was told I'm eligible, and was doing the credit check portion so I called back. Second rep hung up after putting me on hold as well.
Thinking there might be notes on my account or something
Public Mobile customer

$17.95 + 6.95 SAF
100 postal code wide minutes
unlimited texts
0GB data
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2004
2241 posts
669 upvotes
Mississauga
I'm debating if I should try and port to Freedom from my $40/8GB Koodo plan. Might be worth the risk, this looks to be the deal of the year in the cell plan department.
Mar 23, 2018
382 posts
509 upvotes
Toronto
mliebermann wrote: Ok I've read through almost 30 pages, just confirming what I can/should do.

Current long time customer with telus with a 15GB/$70 BYOD plan currently. So I should be able to go into a walmart and port over my number to freedom on any of their BYOD plans. Then after some amount of time (maybe an hour, maybe a day) call in and say I received a call about my recently cancelled plan, should then be able to port the same original # back over to Telus on 25gb/$45.

Just wanting a little confirmation before putting in this work, which if it works is well worth the savings.
Yes. That is my understanding. When I called, I just asked if I had a winback offer on my account and the rep instantly looked into the $45 for 25Gb plan without me asking about it. I think that they are receiving a lot of calls about this plan at the moment.
Banned
Mar 5, 2019
85 posts
47 upvotes
I switched from Koodo to Fido today.

I called the 833 number and he said I have to be called at to be eligible.

Is switching to Freedom absolutely necesary?
Mar 23, 2018
382 posts
509 upvotes
Toronto
guessguy wrote: I'm debating if I should try and port to Freedom from my $40/8GB Koodo plan. Might be worth the risk, this looks to be the deal of the year in the cell plan department.
Worst case you switch back to Koodo for one of their in market plans like the $50 for 9gb. My experience was very painless to switch over but of course it depends on the sales rep. You can always call back if you get a bad rep.
Jul 17, 2019
11 posts
9 upvotes
This may have been mentioned before, but can I activate a new Koodo sim card, port over to Freedom, call the winback number and then port in my CURRENT Telus number if I get the offer, instead of the Freedom number?
Dec 5, 2011
65 posts
26 upvotes
Mississauga
First off, I'd like to thank the OP for this deal and everyone who has contributed.

I went to freedom today and signed up for a prepaid plan which cost me $45 taxes in no credit check. I waited 45 mins for my number to be ported from koodo. As soon as i received a txt saying my number was successfully ported after 45 mins I called 18664488030 and the agent was able to sign me up on the telus winback offer for $45 plus tax for 25gb byod. I tried asking the agent to sign me up on koodo and she said it was only for telus, I went ahead with telus and will be receiving my sim in 3-5 days.

Thanks again !
Apr 7, 2006
495 posts
625 upvotes
You guys are making this way more complicated than it needs to be and sabotaging yourselves.

Just switch over your current Telus line to Shaw mobile. They can tell if you have another active Koodo line and may use that as a reason to deny you this plan.

Sepavelli why did you switch to Fido today if you're after this plan? Going to Shaw mobile makes it 100x more likely to get this deal. They can tell who you ported out to.
Last edited by Teioh on Sep 21st, 2020 8:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2004
2241 posts
669 upvotes
Mississauga
lexmark1 wrote: First off, I'd like to thank the OP for this deal and everyone who has contributed.

I went to freedom today and signed up for a prepaid plan which cost me $45 taxes in no credit check. I waited 45 mins for my number to be ported from koodo. As soon as i received a txt saying my number was successfully ported after 45 mins I called 18664488030 and the agent was able to sign me up on the telus winback offer for $45 plus tax for 25gb byod. I tried asking the agent to sign me up on koodo and she said it was only for telus, I went ahead with telus and will be receiving my sim in 3-5 days.

Thanks again !
Is the $45 paid to Freedom down the drain now? Is this the cost of doing business in order to get this 25GB deal?
Mar 3, 2019
310 posts
337 upvotes
angel_wing0 wrote: couple months ago wont qualify you for the plan. But yeah he shouldnt hide the fact that this plan exists. I mean $50/20 gb is already pretty good.
I left Koodo over a year ago and I qualified for the plan. Called the number and was offered the plan without asking.
Dec 5, 2011
65 posts
26 upvotes
Mississauga
guessguy wrote: Is the $45 paid to Freedom down the drain now? Is this the cost of doing business in order to get this 25GB deal?
that is correct, i signed up for the $29 talk text and 1.5gb data prepaid plan because i know I will need to use it for a couple days untill i get my telus sim card which will arrive in 3-5 days
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2008
2199 posts
4616 upvotes
Mississauga
NavieM wrote: Yup 2 new telus lines yesterday. Ported them out today and called Telus an hour and half later and both lines were eligible
Plan details of Telus and Freedom? Did you port to Freedom prepaid?
Telus $30/75gb US-Canada Plan x 3 lines, $10/Talk& Text line - 24 mths
VVM, 2000 LD minutes, CAN-Int'l Text ($0), 0$ AppleWatch, 5$ CAN-US only Tablet
Rogers $48.99 /24 mths, Ignite 1.5G internet
CIBC, Tang and EQ
Deal Expert
Aug 26, 2002
15719 posts
7445 upvotes
Toronto, ON
JoeT99 wrote: I was thinking of doing the prepaid with Freedom. Can you do the activation for free at walmart? I was told if you get the SIM and activate online the connection fee is also waived.
Are there a difference between prepaid sims and post-paid? Or are all freedom sims the same and we decide on pre or post paid at time of activation. I think for post-paid I have to do that at a store because it requires a credit check, correct?

But in terms of partial charges/refunds, if I get a pre-paid plan at Freedom and I end up porting back to Koodo, would the entire month of prepaid charge be gone, or would there be a partial refund? For post-paid I think there would be a partial refund for the remaining days not used, right?
Deal Addict
Sep 5, 2005
2288 posts
3265 upvotes
Victoria
rvs007 wrote: Are there a difference between prepaid sims and post-paid? Or are all freedom sims the same and we decide on pre or post paid at time of activation. I think for post-paid I have to do that at a store because it requires a credit check, correct?

But in terms of partial charges/refunds, if I get a pre-paid plan at Freedom and I end up porting back to Koodo, would the entire month of prepaid charge be gone, or would there be a partial refund? For post-paid I think there would be a partial refund for the remaining days not used, right?
For post-paid you'll receive a full refund of the month apart from the $20 activation fee based on their 15 day trial period policy. As long as you don't use more than half of your data allowance.
Mar 3, 2019
310 posts
337 upvotes
NavieM wrote: Yup 2 new telus lines yesterday. Ported them out today and called Telus an hour and half later and both lines were eligible
Why did you create two TELUS lines and port both to Freedom? I had one line that used to be on Koodo that I moved to Freedom. When I called the winback number I was able to setup a second line on $45/25GB without any questions on the current provider of the second line.
Mar 8, 2015
78 posts
18 upvotes
GTA,ON
rvs007 wrote: Are there a difference between prepaid sims and post-paid? Or are all freedom sims the same and we decide on pre or post paid at time of activation. I think for post-paid I have to do that at a store because it requires a credit check, correct?

I was going to do the prepaid $14 plan to avoid the credit check & to get the $0 activation fee. But I also would like to know about the refund if I go postpaid. If postpaid refunds you 100% but retains the $20 connection fee, it may be cheaper to do the $14 prepaid.
Deal Addict
Oct 26, 2010
4401 posts
10674 upvotes
jcbDeals wrote: Why did you create two TELUS lines and port both to Freedom? I had one line that used to be on Koodo that I moved to Freedom. When I called the winback number I was able to setup a second line on $45/25GB without any questions on the current provider of the second line.
I think it depends on rep. I asked the last rep I had if he would add any additional lines to the account since I have family who would port from Freedom to get this deal as well but he said only lines that ported out from Telus would get it
jadoogar wrote: Plan details of Telus and Freedom? Did you port to Freedom prepaid?
yeah it was the $14 freedom prepaid plan. Telus plan was some random $35 talk and text plan
Last edited by NavieM on Sep 21st, 2020 8:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Public Mobile customer

$17.95 + 6.95 SAF
100 postal code wide minutes
unlimited texts
0GB data

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)