Expired Hot Deals

Koodo & Telus

YMMV Koodo/Telus winback offer $27.5/30GB + $40 credit with 2 lines and Telus home internet

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 27th, 2022 7:20 am
Feb 1, 2017
453 posts
785 upvotes
Hmm I just realized I actually recently canceled my koodo plan, didn't port out though, and have telus internet. Is there any possibility to get some kinda deal with telus on a single mobile plan? I'm with rogers atm, but it kinda sucks.
Dec 8, 2010
142 posts
148 upvotes
British Columbia
Called up Telus as I have two numbers that I could use. Koodo# (31GB/month) was a former Telus number, and I have a Freedom Mobile# (25GB/month). Agent on phone couldn't offer me anything close to what OP got, but in the end, both numbers will port over, and from a combined $160/month for both numbers (regular pricing), I knocked it down to $100/month (before taxes), so $50/month (before taxes) for 30GB each. Although it doesn't seem like I got any discount from OP, it's still savings for me vs the Koodo and FM as separate accounts. I'm satisfied with this deal, and I'm not annoyed by the fact that I have to revisit this in 24 months to avoid going to regular rates. I switch providers every so often anyways, to maximize my dollar. Before this, I was $151/month combined.

Saved $, consolidated accounts for ease of management, gained GB, and now on 5G network when I upgrade hardware.

PS, I am also a Telus Pure Fibre customer, so that helped with the discounts.
Jul 21, 2020
99 posts
56 upvotes
notrub604 wrote: Called up Telus as I have two numbers that I could use. Koodo# (31GB/month) was a former Telus number, and I have a Freedom Mobile# (25GB/month). Agent on phone couldn't offer me anything close to what OP got, but in the end, both numbers will port over, and from a combined $160/month for both numbers (regular pricing), I knocked it down to $100/month (before taxes), so $50/month (before taxes) for 30GB each. Although it doesn't seem like I got any discount from OP, it's still savings for me vs the Koodo and FM as separate accounts. I'm satisfied with this deal, and I'm not annoyed by the fact that I have to revisit this in 24 months to avoid going to regular rates. I switch providers every so often anyways, to maximize my dollar. Before this, I was $151/month combined.

Saved $, consolidated accounts for ease of management, gained GB, and now on 5G network when I upgrade hardware.

PS, I am also a Telus Pure Fibre customer, so that helped with the discounts.
Aww dang for 2 years!
Dec 8, 2010
142 posts
148 upvotes
British Columbia
viewsfromthe6 wrote: Aww dang for 2 years!
To be clear, it's contract free two years of promo pricing, NOT two years locked into a contract. I can leave them anytime.
Jun 28, 2021
30 posts
91 upvotes
lumberjackjim wrote: Just called the 1-866-448-8030 number. Spoke to someone letting them know of the winback offers I'm getting from other carriers, and they didn't provide me with any counter offers.
I feel as though this method doesn't work very often. It's not until you actually leave that they're suddenly ready to give the real offers.
Deal Addict
Mar 29, 2011
1230 posts
601 upvotes
The 6ix
fantasia87 wrote:
4. How long will the discount be applied to your account?

24 months. After 24 months it will be $50/month.
I was offered this plan as well. The guy I was talking to assured me that the plan is good for as long as I stay with telus and there's no expiration date. He's calling me back today to firm up the deal. I'm gonna ask him again and record the conversation to cover me a$$....