• Last Updated:
  • Dec 2nd, 2019 10:45 am
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2011
1692 posts
289 upvotes
Calgary

Koodo Transfer of Ownership problem

I'm trying to transfer my account to a friend as I'm leaving the country. I tried to use Koodo assist to schedule a callback but they can't take me until tmrw am. The person I'm transfering it to is unavailable tmrw am for this. Can I do it myself if I get her account info? She's porting in a Bell number (cancelling her bell account) and taking on my $45/8G account. If we can't get thru to Koodo on time (I fly out tmrw pm) can we just port her number and deal with this crap of TOR later? (transfer of responsibility) We tried to do it at a Koodo Kiosk but that didn't work either as I didn't want to lose my number that early (Saturday) and they couldn't do it so we could just port later.

Now it's sunday afternoon and I am starting to panic that we won't be able to get this done. I guess worst case scenario we port her number in and I give her my login details so she can keep paying the bill? Can she then get her name and email added later?

I would appreciate it if some Koodo expert could help me out here and TIA for your time.
10 replies
Deal Expert
Oct 28, 2004
24669 posts
8738 upvotes
Toronto
kotoula wrote: I guess worst case scenario we port her number in and I give her my login details so she can keep paying the bill? Can she then get her name and email added later?

I would appreciate it if some Koodo expert could help me out here and TIA for your time.
pretty much this - suggest you log into your account with her in person - you can start to change the profile info to her info and you can switch the autopayment to her CC details.

i think you might be even able to change the email used to login?

And from koodo self-serve, you can do the port of her # yourselves...very easy.

Last piece would be to give her the account PIN in case she needs to call in for anything.

once she is all set up - you can do the TOR at a much later date.
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2011
1692 posts
289 upvotes
Calgary
ji2o0k wrote: pretty much this - suggest you log into your account with her in person - you can start to change the profile info to her info and you can switch the autopayment to her CC details.

Last piece would be to give her the account PIN in case she needs to call in for anything.

oh gosh thank you so very much for this!! They are obviously super backlogged b/c of black friday so I was really hoping to be able to do most of this ourselves, then hopefully she can just call in and to the TOR without me.

Not sure how we can do the TOR with both of us on the phone when I will be in Greece, and she in Calgary.. but as long as the CC is set to her payment info auto, then I don't have to worry. At least she won't be getting r@ped by Bhell's $100 3G data plan that she is currently on (OMG)

Thanks again for your help you're a lifesaver!!!
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2005
13460 posts
12205 upvotes
ji2o0k wrote: pretty much this - suggest you log into your account with her in person - you can start to change the profile info to her info and you can switch the autopayment to her CC details.

@kotoula If you do this, you are still the account owner until TOR is completed as Koodo will do credit check on your friend as part of TOR. If the credit failed, TOR will fail. You are still responsible for anything own by your account until TOR is completed.
Have too many phones... This is how I limit my monthly phone payment.
Public Mobile $34 15GB, $11 250MB, 2x $5 50min/50text, $0 FPL home phone,
Fido $5 4GB plan with a free tablet.
Deal Expert
Oct 28, 2004
24669 posts
8738 upvotes
Toronto
kotoula wrote: oh gosh thank you so very much for this!! They are obviously super backlogged b/c of black friday so I was really hoping to be able to do most of this ourselves, then hopefully she can just call in and to the TOR without me.

Not sure how we can do the TOR with both of us on the phone when I will be in Greece, and she in Calgary.. but as long as the CC is set to her payment info auto, then I don't have to worry. At least she won't be getting r@ped by Bhell's $100 3G data plan that she is currently on (OMG)

Thanks again for your help you're a lifesaver!!!
no probs, happy to help. I did the same thing with my wifey - changed all the info into her name, her work address (which is her billing address) and then we updated autopay with her CC info. I didn't even end up doing the TOR as we thought it was unnecessary and the charges have been going through to her CC seamlessly.

For the TOR, you will definitely need to call in and you can conference call your friend while you call into Koodo. Only you (the account holder) can initiate a TOR - your friend cannot.

You could try to leave notes on your account with your friend's full name and info for the TOR - I haven't tried it this way though....only conference call with the person assuming the account on the line.

Gluck!!!
Last edited by ji2o0k on Dec 1st, 2019 3:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2011
1692 posts
289 upvotes
Calgary
embguy wrote: @kotoula If you do this, you are still the account owner until TOR is completed as Koodo will do credit check on your friend as part of TOR. If the credit failed, TOR will fail. You are still responsible for anything own by your account until TOR is completed.
Hi @embguy for sure I know this is a risk but my friend is a pretty trustworthy person so Hopefully she will just keep her CC on there on autopay and we'll be good. I can call Koodo on MOnday morning but my friend isn't available for her part of it so I'm not sure how we will be able to coordinate us both being able to talk to Koodo at the same time when we're in totally different continents.
Deal Expert
Oct 28, 2004
24669 posts
8738 upvotes
Toronto
embguy wrote: @kotoula If you do this, you are still the account owner until TOR is completed as Koodo will do credit check on your friend as part of TOR. If the credit failed, TOR will fail. You are still responsible for anything own by your account until TOR is completed.
embguy makes a good point - I'm assuming this is a good friend that you trust and won't run up a crazy bill and remove all her CC info and leave you on the hook for the charges.
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2011
1692 posts
289 upvotes
Calgary
ji2o0k wrote: no probs, happy to help. I did the same thing with my wifey - changed all the info into her name, her work address (which is her billing address) and then we updated autopay with her CC info. I didn't even end up doing the TOR as we thought it was unnecessary and the charges have been going through to her CC seamlessly.

For the TOR, you will definitely need to call in and you can conference call your friend while you call into Koodo. Only you (the account holder) can initiate a TOR - your friend cannot.

Gluck!!!
I can see why you'd not need to bother since it is your spouse.. and I do trust my friend not to screw me over.

Ok I will call them tmrw anyway and see if I can get them aware of what's going on and try to make an appointment for a CC in a couple of weeks when we're both available.

Thanks again for your help!
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2005
13460 posts
12205 upvotes
kotoula wrote: I can see why you'd not need to bother since it is your spouse.. and I do trust my friend not to screw me over.

Ok I will call them tmrw anyway and see if I can get them aware of what's going on and try to make an appointment for a CC in a couple of weeks when we're both available.

Thanks again for your help!
Keep your Koodo call back appointment. You may be able to give Koodo your permission to transfer to your friend and allow your friend to call when she is available to complete the TOR.
Have too many phones... This is how I limit my monthly phone payment.
Public Mobile $34 15GB, $11 250MB, 2x $5 50min/50text, $0 FPL home phone,
Fido $5 4GB plan with a free tablet.
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2011
1692 posts
289 upvotes
Calgary
embguy wrote: Keep your Koodo call back appointment. You may be able to give Koodo your permission to transfer to your friend and allow your friend to call when she is available to complete the TOR.
Well we ported her number, changed the account email to hers, and put in her CC as the preauth payment so far. It turns out she can come by in the morning at 1030 when I have my koodo callback scheduled, so hopefully they don't screw me over. I had to use my wifi number as the call back number so fingers crossed it works and we can get this all worked out before I leave the country. Thanks for all your help and support.
Deal Expert
Dec 12, 2009
29540 posts
20458 upvotes
ji2o0k wrote: embguy makes a good point - I'm assuming this is a good friend that you trust and won't run up a crazy bill and remove all her CC info and leave you on the hook for the charges.
Wife and friend can be quite different in situation. Personally, I would not put at risk any friendship and do the proper change in the system. What if the account gets compromised for whatever reason? The original title owner is going to be on the hook for the headaches. You never know what could happen in the future. Best to have to right information in the system.
Public Mobile customer, $34/50GB CAN-US, $29/30GB, $24/4GB
Tangerine, EQ, Simplii, HSBC customer

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)