Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2005
10751 posts
9851 upvotes
will888 wrote:
Apr 25th, 2018 6:51 pm
Isn't this against the wireless code?
Yes. But Koodo is still doing it ATM.
Have too many phones... This is how I limit my monthly phone payment.
Public Mobile $37 5GB, 2x $13 250MB, $7 50min/50text, 2x $8 50min/50text,
2x Zoomer $36 loyalty 4GB plan, $0 FPL home phone
[OP]
Deal Guru
May 8, 2009
11181 posts
7743 upvotes
South Pole
Chandlerparsons wrote:
Apr 25th, 2018 7:21 pm
So what's the process prior to porting to another network to get the cheque?
If your intention is just that, once all referral credits have been applied to your account, then port out (ideally the day before your billing cycle).

Else activate more lines before cancellation date on same account.
eBay profile| Motorola phone. Linux on 2xcomputers. Brew beer & wine @home.
DUCA thread | Simplii Account Linking | Make CCTS Claim | Max on Koodo Referrals Thread
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2005
10751 posts
9851 upvotes
A few RFD reports that Koodo has setup their computer system to prevent CSR from switching line in new account to SH.
wow-koodo-0-iphone-6-med-tab-plus-200-p ... #p29267544

Therefore, if you have an account over 90 days, keep it alive - don't close it for churning purposes. Yesterday, I switched my new line, which I activated last Saturday, to SH without any issue. BTW, I my account is 7 months old.
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2005
10751 posts
9851 upvotes
@titaniumtux, you said before that Koodo allows max of 7 lines in an account.
Is it max of 7 active lines OR total 7 lines including those lines which I closed?
My current account has 3 active lines and 3 closed lines ATM.
Jan 4, 2009
231 posts
68 upvotes
Calgary
embguy wrote:
Apr 28th, 2018 8:59 pm
Is it max of 7 active lines OR total 7 lines including those lines which I closed?
My account has a hard limit of 4, have 3 open and 1 closed where tab amount is getting paid by next bill cycle. Tried to add a 4th active line and koodo system prevents the store rep from activating. Might be different depending on your credit check and if the tabs are paid off. Also, referral site faqs mention a max of 7 lines per account
Sep 26, 2012
321 posts
112 upvotes
North York
@titaniumtux, you mentioned that "No credits can be awarded on a closed account (but can be awarded on cancelled lines as long as the account remains active)." Have you had first had experience with this? I recently cancelled a line that has referral credits that have yet the be credited, but the account is still active. Hopefully I still get them or I might have to reopen the line (I believe you can still do that within 90 days).
Deal Addict
Oct 14, 2015
1051 posts
966 upvotes
Toronto, ON
I tried to follow the same steps mentioned in the OP but I am having a problem. I tried the profile>role management but it doesn't have my second line or my e-mail. However if i use my second line e-mail and the password to log in. I see a blank page that just says no bills or if i click shop>phones, it asks to log in again and if i try it, there is an error. Any idea?

I ported my wife's number from zoomer today, and the port is completed. Got the message too.
Koodo $40 8GB
[OP]
Deal Guru
May 8, 2009
11181 posts
7743 upvotes
South Pole
embguy wrote:
Apr 28th, 2018 8:59 pm
Ignore cancelled lines for max capable lines. For the max seven lines for referrals, please report back once you've maxed out referrals on seven lines in a year. Don't know if it's max referrals on seven lines simultaneous or per calendar year.
monarchwest wrote:
Apr 29th, 2018 8:29 am
@titaniumtux, you mentioned that "No credits can be awarded on a closed account (but can be awarded on cancelled lines as long as the account remains active)." Have you had first had experience with this? I recently cancelled a line that has referral credits that have yet the be credited, but the account is still active. Hopefully I still get them or I might have to reopen the line (I believe you can still do that within 90 days).
Wait for credits to come in. If they don't get awarded, then hopefully you use their service to get some empathy from a CSR. 🤣
SureshA720227 wrote:
Apr 29th, 2018 4:19 pm
I tried to follow the same steps mentioned in the OP but I am having a problem. I tried the profile>role management but it doesn't have my second line or my e-mail. However if i use my second line e-mail and the password to log in. I see a blank page that just says no bills or if i click shop>phones, it asks to log in again and if i try it, there is an error. Any idea?

I ported my wife's number from zoomer today, and the port is completed. Got the message too.
Did you complete referral after porting in?

Also, have 2nd user create self-serve with their email/alias and account number, then in your self-serve you'll be able to approve the user in Role Management.

Enjoy.
DUCA thread | Simplii Account Linking | Make CCTS Claim | Max on Koodo Referrals Thread
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2005
10751 posts
9851 upvotes
titaniumtux wrote:
May 1st, 2018 1:32 pm
Ignore cancelled lines for max capable lines. For the max seven lines for referrals, please report back once you've maxed out referrals on seven lines in a year. Don't know if it's max referrals on seven lines simultaneous or per calendar year.
My account has 6 lines. 3 lines was created in 2017 and they were closed already. I only add a new line every 1 - 2 months. By the time I get the 7th 2018 line, it will be round the end of 2018. Next line will be the 7th line since my account was created in 2017 and the 4th line for 2018.
[OP]
Deal Guru
May 8, 2009
11181 posts
7743 upvotes
South Pole
embguy wrote:
May 1st, 2018 2:30 pm
My account has 6 lines. 3 lines was created in 2017 and they were closed already. I only add a new line every 1 - 2 months. By the time I get the 7th 2018 line, it will be round the end of 2018. Next line will be the 7th line since my account was created in 2017 and the 4th line for 2018.
So in that case, you might not be the best candidate for "maxing out". I wouldn't count any of your 2017 lines that you didn't retain into 2018.
Oct 5, 2017
304 posts
92 upvotes
titaniumtux wrote:
Apr 25th, 2018 9:02 pm
If your intention is just that, once all referral credits have been applied to your account, then port out (ideally the day before your billing cycle).

Else activate more lines before cancellation date on same account.
I just got the referral credits. So port out, then do I still need to call to request for the cheque or no need?
[OP]
Deal Guru
May 8, 2009
11181 posts
7743 upvotes
South Pole
Chandlerparsons wrote:
May 2nd, 2018 9:48 am
I just got the referral credits. So port out, then do I still need to call to request for the cheque or no need?
If you've had the service active for 90+ days, then you're good. Port out, and they'll mail you a cheque as long as account balance is a credit of >$20.
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2005
10751 posts
9851 upvotes
titaniumtux wrote:
May 2nd, 2018 11:57 am
If you've had the service active for 90+ days, then you're good. Port out, and they'll mail you a cheque as long as account balance is a credit of >$20.
It is nice to know that they will send you the credit balance even if it is referral money.
I have a closed Koodo account with large credit balance from referral credit. This account was closed in 2016 and I just checked online, the credit balance is still there. I left the credit balance there because Koodo did not bill me for the tab balance after cancellation.
Oct 5, 2017
304 posts
92 upvotes
titaniumtux wrote:
May 2nd, 2018 11:57 am
Yeah, it’s more than 90 days. Thanks for the info! Time to port to PM!
[OP]
Deal Guru
May 8, 2009
11181 posts
7743 upvotes
South Pole
Update: max five authorized users to refer out at any given time. Once you max out on one line's referrals, I recommend removing its self-serve access (unless you're nearing end of year and plan on referring out from that line in the new year).