Cell Phones

[Koodo] Tutorial - Maximizing Referrals 2018 Onwards

  • Last Updated:
  • Sep 7th, 2019 12:26 pm
Deal Guru
User avatar
Sep 21, 2005
11210 posts
10228 upvotes
titaniumtux wrote: Update: max five authorized users to refer out at any given time. Once you max out on one line's referrals, I recommend removing its self-serve access (unless you're nearing end of year and plan on referring out from that line in the new year).
Do you mean 5 refer out lines per account?
I have 6 refer out lines in my account ATM.
How do you find out the limit?
Have too many phones... This is how I limit my monthly phone payment.
Public Mobile $37 5GB, $13 250MB, 2x $8 50min/50text, Fido $5 4GB data only plan,
Zoomer $36 loyalty 4GB plan, $0 FPL home phone
[OP]
Deal Guru
User avatar
May 8, 2009
12252 posts
8881 upvotes
%s
embguy wrote: Do you mean 5 refer out lines per account?
I have 6 refer out lines in my account ATM.
How do you find out the limit?
Five registered emails for access to a single Koodo account. I'm unable to add more. Thinking Face Unless there's a hidden link?
eBay profile| Motorola phone. Linux on 2xcomputers. Brew beer & wine @home. Hackers keep changing my location to Leask.
DUCA thread | Simplii Account Linking | Make CCTS Claim | Max on Koodo Referrals Thread
Deal Guru
User avatar
Sep 21, 2005
11210 posts
10228 upvotes
titaniumtux wrote: Five registered emails for access to a single Koodo account. I'm unable to add more. Thinking Face Unless there's a hidden link?
Unless Koodo added the restriction recently, I added the 6th line(email) 3 weeks ago with out any problem.
Have too many phones... This is how I limit my monthly phone payment.
Public Mobile $37 5GB, $13 250MB, 2x $8 50min/50text, Fido $5 4GB data only plan,
Zoomer $36 loyalty 4GB plan, $0 FPL home phone
[OP]
Deal Guru
User avatar
May 8, 2009
12252 posts
8881 upvotes
%s
embguy wrote: Unless Koodo added the restriction recently, I added the 6th line(email) 3 weeks ago with out any problem.
Fair enough, I'll update OP.
eBay profile| Motorola phone. Linux on 2xcomputers. Brew beer & wine @home. Hackers keep changing my location to Leask.
DUCA thread | Simplii Account Linking | Make CCTS Claim | Max on Koodo Referrals Thread
Deal Fanatic
Jan 18, 2010
7270 posts
4732 upvotes
Canada
I quickly read the faq in op, but if I understand correctly, if I have a line on seasonal hold, I can still use that line for referral for a new line? And I will get referral credits for the line on seasonal hold + new line?
Tangerine, Public Mobile, and Freedom Mobile customer
Deal Guru
User avatar
Sep 21, 2005
11210 posts
10228 upvotes
RFDQ1016 wrote: I quickly read the faq in op, but if I understand correctly, if I have a line on seasonal hold, I can still use that line for referral for a new line? And I will get referral credits for the line on seasonal hold + new line?
Yes. SH is a valid Koodo plan.
Have too many phones... This is how I limit my monthly phone payment.
Public Mobile $37 5GB, $13 250MB, 2x $8 50min/50text, Fido $5 4GB data only plan,
Zoomer $36 loyalty 4GB plan, $0 FPL home phone
Deal Addict
May 5, 2008
1768 posts
549 upvotes
embguy wrote: Yes. SH is a valid Koodo plan.
So, what is the latest update wrt SH vs referrals issue (I've already read the summary in the OP)?

I got some of RFD fewer too, and obtained a couple of phones from Koodo on the new lines. Now the question is how to minimize those plans' remaining monthly expenses.
I do really want to stay 3 months in order not to undermine the agents I got the offers from, they were nice.
So, some of the questions are:

- Can one go on SH before the referrrals land on your accounts, and still get the referrals? (I've those referrrals aleady approved).
- Can one go on SH before 3 months period ends without losing further referrals within this ear?
Deal Guru
User avatar
Sep 21, 2005
11210 posts
10228 upvotes
Tichi wrote: So, what is the latest update wrt SH vs referrals issue (I've already read the summary in the OP)?

I got some of RFD fewer too, and obtained a couple of phones from Koodo on the new lines. Now the question is how to minimize those plans' remaining monthly expenses.
I do really want to stay 3 months in order not to undermine the agents I got the offers from, they were nice.
So, some of the questions are:

- Can one go on SH before the referrrals land on your accounts, and still get the referrals? (I've those referrrals aleady approved).
- Can one go on SH before 3 months period ends without losing further referrals within this ear?
There were people cannot get the SH right away for new account. But later people reported getting SH right away on new Koodo account. Just call every day if you don't get it at first call. Good luck.

You don't need to wait until you receive your bill credit in your account before switching to SH. I have done this over 2 years and received bill credit while on SH. Call tiday to switch your lines to SH.
Have too many phones... This is how I limit my monthly phone payment.
Public Mobile $37 5GB, $13 250MB, 2x $8 50min/50text, Fido $5 4GB data only plan,
Zoomer $36 loyalty 4GB plan, $0 FPL home phone
Deal Addict
User avatar
Dec 10, 2005
3125 posts
594 upvotes
Does the e-mail used to sign up for self-serve account need to match the e-mail that I used to activate the referral in order to receive the referral credits?

I used one of my e-mails to sign up to get the referral credits and didn't realize until when I tried to create a self-serve account that that e-mail was used a long time ago and is associated with an old inactive Koodo account..
Deal Guru
User avatar
Sep 21, 2005
11210 posts
10228 upvotes
Noob1ee wrote: Does the e-mail used to sign up for self-serve account need to match the e-mail that I used to activate the referral in order to receive the referral credits?
Yes.
I used one of my e-mails to sign up to get the referral credits and didn't realize until when I tried to create a self-serve account that that e-mail was used a long time ago and is associated with an old inactive Koodo account..
You referral will be denied because you are not a new customer with an email used for previous activation.
Have too many phones... This is how I limit my monthly phone payment.
Public Mobile $37 5GB, $13 250MB, 2x $8 50min/50text, Fido $5 4GB data only plan,
Zoomer $36 loyalty 4GB plan, $0 FPL home phone
Deal Addict
User avatar
Dec 10, 2005
3125 posts
594 upvotes
embguy wrote: Yes.

You referral will be denied because you are not a new customer with an email used for previous activation.
Damn. Thanks for the info.
Member
Dec 7, 2016
299 posts
84 upvotes
I'm not understanding the SH jeopardizing referral credits part. I thought how others do it is get a new line then put on SH for 3 months then cancel, and referral credits would cover some of the SH cost.
Deal Guru
User avatar
Sep 21, 2005
11210 posts
10228 upvotes
xsomsicarius wrote: I'm not understanding the SH jeopardizing referral credits part. I thought how others do it is get a new line then put on SH for 3 months then cancel, and referral credits would cover some of the SH cost.
That was some RFDers were saying that there may be a chance of not getting bill credit if you are on SH. But I was not denied any bill credit when I am on SH. I have been doing this for a very long time churning Koodo phones. This is because the SH is an active Koodo plan.
Have too many phones... This is how I limit my monthly phone payment.
Public Mobile $37 5GB, $13 250MB, 2x $8 50min/50text, Fido $5 4GB data only plan,
Zoomer $36 loyalty 4GB plan, $0 FPL home phone
Deal Addict
Oct 7, 2016
1762 posts
897 upvotes
embguy wrote: That was some RFDers were saying that there may be a chance of not getting bill credit if you are on SH. But I was not denied any bill credit when I am on SH. I have been doing this for a very long time churning Koodo phones. This is because the SH is an active Koodo plan.
Ditto. Although my active line have been recieved the credits from $100 referral period during the PM porting promo, but my SH lines have not... Yet.
Koodo: $60/10GB
Zoomer: $45 4GB LTE Loyalty Plan
OP of the Zoomer Wireless $36 2GB LTE Promo
Deal Addict
May 5, 2008
1768 posts
549 upvotes
embguy wrote: There were people cannot get the SH right away for new account. But later people reported getting SH right away on new Koodo account. Just call every day if you don't get it at first call. Good luck.

You don't need to wait until you receive your bill credit in your account before switching to SH. I have done this over 2 years and received bill credit while on SH. Call today to switch your lines to SH.
Thank you. I hope it works for me too.

Top