• Last Updated:
  • Sep 7th, 2019 12:26 pm
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2005
13460 posts
12205 upvotes
titaniumtux wrote:
  1. auction, no reserve (must sell)
Some seller cancel the auction because the item is not longer available before it ends if the bid price is not close to what s/he wants to sell at. I think the seller still need to pay eBay seller fee.
Have too many phones... This is how I limit my monthly phone payment.
Public Mobile $34 15GB, $11 250MB, 2x $5 50min/50text, $0 FPL home phone,
Fido $5 4GB plan with a free tablet.
Deal Expert
May 8, 2009
15560 posts
14184 upvotes
Going to the Moon
embguy wrote: Some seller cancel the auction because the item is not longer available before it ends if the bid price is not close to what s/he wants to sell at. I think the seller still need to pay eBay seller fee.
Afaik yes. Reserve price has a $3 fee Thinking Face

I'll consider auctioning in USD once I build my deck of US cards. That's still in its infancy, so doing it all in CAD to avoid FTF for now.
Premium Life: CDC [Icey Private Status]/SwissBorg Genesis/InLock/Netflix UHD [100% off]/Amazon [Prime 100% off]/Instacart [Express]
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2005
13460 posts
12205 upvotes
I called Koodo tonight trying to put my new line, activated yesterday, to SH. Even with my over 90 days account, I was blocked from switching to SH. Well, I will call back tomorrow.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 18, 2010
7725 posts
5238 upvotes
Canada
embguy wrote: I called Koodo tonight trying to put my new line, activated yesterday, to SH. Even with my over 90 days account, I was blocked from switching to SH. Well, I will call back tomorrow.
Did you get it on sh finally?
Deal Fanatic
Jan 18, 2010
7725 posts
5238 upvotes
Canada
aznhulk wrote: Just saw this clause on the Koodo referral T&C:
  • Subscribers that are on seasonal hold are not eligible to receive the referral credit. If the line is put on seasonal hold within 90 days of activating, the bill credit will be charged back to both their account and the account of the person who referred them.
  • Refer a Friend credits are non-refundable, have no cash value, and will not be paid out upon the termination or cancellation closure of a subscriber line.
This doesn't say you can't refer OUT from a SH line, so that's still good to go?
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2005
13460 posts
12205 upvotes
RFDQ1016 wrote: This doesn't say you can't refer OUT from a SH line, so that's still good to go?
Are you going stay 5 months to get your $10 per month?
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2005
13460 posts
12205 upvotes
RFDQ1016 wrote: Did you get it on sh finally?
Yes, I called back 3 days later and switched to SH on Thursday which was my second call.
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2005
13460 posts
12205 upvotes
For the last few weeks, I cannot resist WM A5 promo. I go four A5 from WM including two I got today.
Data point: As of today, I have 6 active lines in my account.

When I said I will stay for 90 days, my WM CSR replied that I can cancel right away. But I was told that WM has a rule to limit 5 phone-activations for every 3 months. I got 4 phones within 1 month. I have one more to go before WM refuses to sell me more phone. By September, I can get more phones on the back to school sale,

I am seriously considering to cancel my WM A5 lines right away.

The new referral system is forcing RFDers to cancel the next day. I think Koodo will plug the "activate and cancel right away" loophole soon. We have seen the $10 bill credit per month for the referral credit to get us to stay longer than 90 days. Instead of letting retailers giving out $400 GC upfront, I think that Koodo will give us bill credits for 24 months.
Deal Expert
May 8, 2009
15560 posts
14184 upvotes
Going to the Moon
embguy wrote: For the last few weeks, I cannot resist WM A5 promo. I go four A5 from WM including two I got today.

When I said I will stay for 90 days, my WM CSR replied that I can cancel right away. But I was told that WM has a rule to limit 5 phone-activations for every 3 months. I got 4 phones within 1 month. I have one more to go before WM refuses to sell me more phone. By September, I can get more phones on the back to school sale,

The new referral system is forcing RFDers to cancel the next day. I think Koodo will plug the "activate and cancel right away" loophole soon. We have seen the $10 bill credit per month for the referral credit to get us to stay longer than 90 days. Instead of letting retailers giving out $400 GC upfront, I think that Koodo will give us bill credits for 24 months.
Just changes the math. Get a lesser discount if cancelling after 90 days via referrals, but it might still be worth it to minimize costs and maintain relationship with dealer.
Premium Life: CDC [Icey Private Status]/SwissBorg Genesis/InLock/Netflix UHD [100% off]/Amazon [Prime 100% off]/Instacart [Express]
Deal Expert
Dec 12, 2009
29541 posts
20470 upvotes
embguy wrote: For the last few weeks, I cannot resist WM A5 promo. I go four A5 from WM including two I got today.

It seems like what you guys are doing is not sustainable. Staying for 90 days protects the interest of those earning the commission. That commission comes from somewhere.
Public Mobile customer, $34/50GB CAN-US, $29/30GB, $24/4GB
Tangerine, EQ, Simplii, HSBC customer
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2005
13460 posts
12205 upvotes
titaniumtux wrote:
Just changes the math. Get a lesser discount if cancelling after 90 days via referrals, but it might still be worth it to minimize costs and maintain relationship with dealer.
Agree about making less. I will only do the phone with huge GC like the WM $400 GC on small tab. I will not touch the typical TMS $350 in PCO pts for a medium tab phone. TMS will not give me over $240 in PCO pts for a $240 small tab. This is the reason why I switched to WM last month.
will888 wrote: It seems like what you guys are doing is not sustainable. Staying for 90 days protects the interest of those earning the commission. That commission comes from somewhere.
If people has setup like @titaniumtux who has the selling machine on auto-pilot. Making less on each phone and sell more phones. I know @titaniumtux does not count on referral credit even other RFDers were counting on the referral bill credit.

From now on, I only work on phone which has GC = tab + $30 connection fee + $45 SH. Therefore, for a small tab phone, I need $315 GC before I get excited. This is the reason why I got one A5 last weekend with $350GC in AB and two A5 today with $400GC as I know I will be waiting longer to get a phone which meets my formula.
Deal Expert
May 8, 2009
15560 posts
14184 upvotes
Going to the Moon
embguy wrote: Agree about making less. I will only do the phone with huge GC like the WM $400 GC on small tab. I will not touch the typical TMS $350 in PCO pts for a medium tab phone. TMS will not give me over $240 in PCO pts for a $240 small tab. This is the reason why I switched to WM last month.
If people has setup like @titaniumtux who has the selling machine on auto-pilot. Making less on each phone and sell more phones. I know @titaniumtux does not count on referral credit even other RFDers were counting on the referral bill credit.

From now on, I only work on phone which has GC = tab + $30 connection fee + $45 SH. Therefore, for a small tab phone, I need $315 GC before I get excited. This is the reason why I got one A5 last weekend with $350GC in AB and two A5 today with $400GC as I know I will be waiting longer to get a phone which meets my formula.
+1
Sep 26, 2012
485 posts
277 upvotes
North York
I am also debating whether to go on seasonal hold or just keep the line open to get referral credits for 90 days. I have never cancelled in the past until after 90 days so I'm not sure how I feel about starting to do that now.

Koodo says that they will pay out the referral credits in 5 monthly installments of $10, but "please allow 8 weeks for the first credit to appear in your account." Does this mean that the first $10 credit of the 5 installments starts after 8 weeks, or will they give you $10 for the first month + $10 for the second month together ($20) after 8 weeks and then $10 monthly after that?

That might sound confusing, so for referral credits is it:
Month 1 - $0, Month 2 - $10, Month 3 - $10, etc. or
Month 1 - $0, Month 2 - $20 ($10+$10), Month 3 - $10, etc. ?
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2005
13460 posts
12205 upvotes
monarchwest wrote: I am also debating whether to go on seasonal hold or just keep the line open to get referral credits for 90 days. I have never cancelled in the past until after 90 days so I'm not sure how I feel about starting to do that now.

Koodo says that they will pay out the referral credits in 5 monthly installments of $10, but "please allow 8 weeks for the first credit to appear in your account." Does this mean that the first $10 credit of the 5 installments starts after 8 weeks, or will they give you $10 for the first month + $10 for the second month together ($20) after 8 weeks and then $10 monthly after that?

That might sound confusing, so for referral credits is it:
Month 1 - $0, Month 2 - $10, Month 3 - $10, etc. or
Month 1 - $0, Month 2 - $20 ($10+$10), Month 3 - $10, etc. ?
That is the reason why I am not doing the self-referral any more. I am not going to get full $100 bill credit before canceling. I just do the SH $45 for 90 days.
Dec 7, 2016
352 posts
206 upvotes
I just saw the new terms for referral. So it's either get seasonal 45, or pay min 105+tax for the 100credit. Can someone tell me how it's still worth it to churn now? Is it only with phones that can flip for a large margin?
Deal Expert
May 8, 2009
15560 posts
14184 upvotes
Going to the Moon
xsomsicarius wrote: I just saw the new terms for referral. So it's either get seasonal 45, or pay min 105+tax for the 100credit. Can someone tell me how it's still worth it to churn now? Is it only with phones that can flip for a large margin?
On churning, referrals are a dice roll. Always maximize activation incentives (g/c + trade) over 90 day haul plus buyout without relying on referral credits.

I took Koodo phones late 2017 without getting a dime from referrals because the deals were hot.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 18, 2010
7725 posts
5238 upvotes
Canada
embguy wrote: TMS will not give me over $240 in PCO pts for a $240 small tab.
Is this some new rule at TMS or store specific policy?
Deal Expert
May 8, 2009
15560 posts
14184 upvotes
Going to the Moon
RFDQ1016 wrote: Is this some new rule at TMS or store specific policy?
Afaik neither.

It's rare to get $300+ in PCO pts on mid-range phones on Koodo when they're priced at $0/tab small. Still happens, and you may need a buddy at TMS to keep you in the loop on their promo's.
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2005
13460 posts
12205 upvotes
RFDQ1016 wrote:
Is this some new rule at TMS or store specific policy?
When WM was giving out $300 GC for small tab on A5 over a month ago, I ask my local TMS manager to PM WM. I was told about this rule. TMS head office will not approve any pts amount over the tab amount.
titaniumtux wrote: Afaik neither.

It's rare to get $300+ in PCO pts on mid-range phones on Koodo when they're priced at $0/tab small. Still happens, and you may need a buddy at TMS to keep you in the loop on their promo's.
Agree. Usually 200k pts as base, 100k pts weekend bonus and I was always get the 50k pts trade-in an old flip phone. Total = 350k pts for medium tab.
Deal Expert
May 8, 2009
15560 posts
14184 upvotes
Going to the Moon
embguy wrote: When WM was giving out $300 GC for small tab on A5 over a month ago, I ask my local TMS manager to PM WM. I was told about this rule. TMS head office will not approve any pts amount over the tab amount.

Agree. Usually 200k pts as base, 100k pts weekend bonus and I was always get the 50k pts trade-in an old flip phone. Total = 350k pts for medium tab.
I got 300k+ in PCO pts on tab small many times on Koodo. I remember getting even 400k PCO pts on tab small with spin/scratch promo's. Sounds like TMS manager just doesn't wanna price match.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)