[Koodo] Tutorial - Maximizing Referrals 2018 Onwards

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 21st, 2019 5:48 am
Deal Addict
Oct 14, 2015
1018 posts
904 upvotes
Toronto, ON
@titaniumtux I followed all the steps until the last one, SMS validation step says number already in use? Whats the issue? Should I contact referral team?
Koodo $40 8GB
[OP]
May 8, 2009
8865 posts
4626 upvotes
45.420833°N, 75.69°W
SureshA720227 wrote:
May 17th, 2018 8:35 pm
@titaniumtux I followed all the steps until the last one, SMS validation step says number already in use? Whats the issue? Should I contact referral team?
That suggests you already setup a referral profile for that number. If you have not, then we need to troubleshoot...
  1. Go to referral site, go to "my friend referred me", input number, does it generate personalized referral page? Does it show your name?
  2. Did you port the number in? Has this number been with Koodo in the past?

Let us know so we can figure it out together Smiling Face With Sunglasses
eBay profile| Motorola phone. Linux on 2xcomputers. Brew beer & wine @home.
DUCA thread | Simplii Account Linking | Make CCTS Claim | Max on Koodo Referrals Thread
Deal Addict
Oct 14, 2015
1018 posts
904 upvotes
Toronto, ON
titaniumtux wrote:
May 17th, 2018 8:44 pm
That suggests you already setup a referral profile for that number. If you have not, then we need to troubleshoot...
  1. Go to referral site, go to "my friend referred me", input number, does it generate personalized referral page? Does it show your name?
  2. Did you port the number in? Has this number been with Koodo in the past?

Let us know so we can figure it out together Smiling Face With Sunglasses
OK so if I go to my referral e-mail that asked me to provide my phone number, it says it has already been associated with my another e-mail. It does log in and give me a referral link. Please keep in mind I got my $50 referral credit using that e-mail. I guess, I can get $250 more right?
It has been a huge mess in my account. I want to associate this e-mail to my primary account but I can't. I get it has already been used because my number is already in my main profile.
Koodo $40 8GB
[OP]
May 8, 2009
8865 posts
4626 upvotes
45.420833°N, 75.69°W
SureshA720227 wrote:
May 17th, 2018 8:53 pm
OK so if I go to my referral e-mail that asked me to provide my phone number, it says it has already been associated with my another e-mail. It does log in and give me a referral link. Please keep in mind I got my $50 referral credit using that e-mail. I guess, I can get $250 more right?
It has been a huge mess in my account. I want to associate this e-mail to my primary account but I can't. I get it has already been used because my number is already in my main profile.
Yes to the room for $250 for 2018.

Why not start using aliases for email? I recommend 33mail, works with Koodo. You'll receive all emails in one inbox.
DUCA thread | Simplii Account Linking | Make CCTS Claim | Max on Koodo Referrals Thread
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2011
1340 posts
172 upvotes
Calgary
I'm having a huge problem with koodo referral. My main account email address, the one I created from a self referral to port my PM number to, is constantly errored out whenever I try to self refer.

I got this reply from Koodo's 'support' team (uggh)

Hi Alberta,

Unfortunately, your friend Anastasia has already been referred through the program by MARIEA xxxxx, and as such will not be able to be referred again.

Thanks for participating in Koodo Refer A Friend!

Sincerely,

The Koodo Refer A Friend Support Team

should I just call Koodo and change the email address associated with the account?

This happened when my main email address 'albertagreekgirl' was edited to 'alberta.greekgirl' and now the one with the period keeps giving me the error when i sign in to self serve to make a referral for the upcoming promos this weekend. 'alberta.greekgirl' is the email associated with my primary koodo account, and the one I'm trying to send referrals from. I can't even get to the point where I put in the new email info for the 'friends' I want to refer.

Any help would be appreciated. TIA
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2011
1340 posts
172 upvotes
Calgary
When I'm signed into my primary account and go to google 'koodo referral' it sends me to a link for koodo refer a friend. When I click on that I get this error - see attached.

Do you think I can just change the email associated with the account in self serve, and this will be resolved? I'm so annoyed and I wanted to get this worked out before the long weekend promos start.
Images
  • koodo error msg.PNG
Jan 4, 2009
221 posts
66 upvotes
Calgary
kotoula wrote:
May 18th, 2018 2:57 pm
When I'm signed into my primary account and go to google 'koodo referral' it sends me to a link for koodo refer a friend. When I click on that I get this error - see attached.

Do you think I can just change the email associated with the account in self serve, and this will be resolved? I'm so annoyed and I wanted to get this worked out before the long weekend promos start.
You might want to get them to reset your entire self serve login and re-register using your email. Or set it up with a new email.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 21, 2005
9939 posts
9159 upvotes
embguy wrote:
May 12th, 2018 3:13 pm
Unless Koodo added the restriction recently, I added the 6th line(email) 3 weeks ago with out any problem.
titaniumtux wrote:
May 12th, 2018 6:59 pm
Fair enough, I'll update OP.
I got another Samsung A5 today at WM $0 small tab with $300 GC. TMS offered me only 200k pts on small tab. My spouse likes to shop groceries at WM too. With the addition of WM GC, we have a choice where to shop groceries between WM and RCSS.

For the record (data point), I have 4 active lines ATM + 3 canceled lines in my account. This account has 7 active email addresses. 3 out of 7 email addresses are related to 3 lines which were canceled during last few months. I have not called Koodo to remove those email addresses for the canceled lines.

I will see whether I will be blocked to add the 8th Koodo lines next month. I have a funny feeling that I can continue to add more email addresses to my account which allows me to switch the new lines to SH on the first call.
Have too many phones... This is how I limit my monthly phone payment.
Koodo $30 plan, PM $38 5GB plan, PM $8 plan to replace Speakout,
Zoomer loyalty family plan for 4 lines $117/6GB, $0 FPL home phone
Deal Fanatic
Sep 21, 2005
9939 posts
9159 upvotes
Someone ask me by PM
I read that thread which is why I'm asking how you guys add lines and still get self referrals. The kiosk guys don't ask you for an email to add lines so how do you get the referral? I know before you activate you sign up for the referral.
I did that. Doesn't the email account that was referred have to be attached to the referred line?
They are all on the same account and therefore all share the same original email address which the account I'm referring from. How do I finish the referral if I can't add the email to the line?
To benefit others, I post my answer here also
During activation at retail store, the email address for the new line is not needed. The new line email address is required for the referral and during the registration of online self-serve login for the new line. Read OP Walkthrough step #6 on how to register self-serve login.

You may ask why you want to create self-serve login for the new line? In order to refer out from the new line, you need to have a self-serve login.
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2011
1340 posts
172 upvotes
Calgary
aznhulk wrote:
May 18th, 2018 3:46 pm
You might want to get them to reset your entire self serve login and re-register using your email. Or set it up with a new email.
While I was on the phone with the original CSR he changed the email for my self serve account to a different email of mine. It still gave the same errors and the manager in the end couldn't figure it out, and said that the system is 'glitching'. She personally applied referrals to my new lines (the credits are already on the account as of yesterday) but this doesn't help me going forward.

So now I have 4 new lines as subordinate to my parent account. Is there any way to use any of those lines to generate referrals? I don't have any emails associated with those new lines as of yet, and haven't logged into self serve for any of them. They are all on SH for now, till the 90 days is up, then I will cancel them.
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2011
1340 posts
172 upvotes
Calgary
embguy wrote:
May 19th, 2018 5:08 pm
I got another Samsung A5 today at WM $0 small tab with $300 GC. TMS offered me only 200k pts on small tab. My spouse likes to shop groceries at WM too. With the addition of WM GC, we have a choice where to shop groceries between WM and RCSS.

For the record (data point), I have 4 active lines ATM + 3 canceled lines in my account. This account has 7 active email addresses. 3 out of 7 email addresses are related to 3 lines which were canceled during last few months. I have not called Koodo to remove those email addresses for the canceled lines.

I will see whether I will be blocked to add the 8th Koodo lines next month. I have a funny feeling that I can continue to add more email addresses to my account which allows me to switch the new lines to SH on the first call.
This is what I am wanting to do as well, keep the parent account which is my primary mobile account for my own phone, and just add lines to this account when taking advantage of phone promos like the A5 from this weekend. This way I can switch to SH a couple of days later like you say vs having to make multiple calls to get that done (until they get strict and don't do it at all on new accounts)

I now have 5 lines, one primary and 4 that are on SH. If a hot deal comes along for fathers day I'm wondering if I can add more lines or not. Someone had said 5 was max, but you seem to have 7 with no problem.

My 4 new lines don't have email addys as no one asked me for any emails while I was signing up. At what point did you add emails and for what reason (embguy - i'm asking you this) ? Should I use the 33mail accounts to add emails to those lines?
Deal Fanatic
Sep 21, 2005
9939 posts
9159 upvotes
kotoula wrote:
May 22nd, 2018 3:42 pm
This is what I am wanting to do as well, keep the parent account which is my primary mobile account for my own phone, and just add lines to this account when taking advantage of phone promos like the A5 from this weekend. This way I can switch to SH a couple of days later like you say vs having to make multiple calls to get that done (until they get strict and don't do it at all on new accounts)

I now have 5 lines, one primary and 4 that are on SH. If a hot deal comes along for fathers day I'm wondering if I can add more lines or not. Someone had said 5 was max, but you seem to have 7 with no problem.

My 4 new lines don't have email addys as no one asked me for any emails while I was signing up. At what point did you add emails and for what reason (embguy - i'm asking you this) ? Should I use the 33mail accounts to add emails to those lines?
Read my post #189 above and do OP Walkthrough step #6 to create a self-serve login for each line so that you can send out referral for the 4 new lines.

I don't use 33mail. I only create new gmail accounts.

You have 5 active lines in your account. The highest number of active lines in my account is 4 as I get one phone per month and hold each line for 91 days. Therefore, I will not hold more than 4 active lines at a given time. I cannot help you on that.

Last year, @titaniumtux had active line on an account. Koodo denied him referral credit.
[OP]
May 8, 2009
8865 posts
4626 upvotes
45.420833°N, 75.69°W
embguy wrote:
May 22nd, 2018 3:52 pm
Read my post #189 above and do OP Walkthrough step #6 to create a self-serve login for each line so that you can send out referral for the 4 new lines.

I don't use 33mail. I only create new gmail accounts.

You have 5 active lines in your account. The highest number of active lines in my account is 4 as I get one phone per month and hold each line for 91 days. Therefore, I will not hold more than 4 active lines at a given time. I cannot help you on that.

Last year, @titaniumtux had active line on an account. Koodo denied him referral credit.
I'm at five lines on my Koodo account now, though three will drop soon.

Got referrals on all of them. @embguy why no 33mail? Works flawlessly, and new Gmail each time can be quite the hassle.
Jan 20, 2007
107 posts
9 upvotes
Coquitlam
This thread confuses me. May I ask a simple question here? I am planning to sign up with Koodo soon and my son is already with them. What info do I need in order to get a referral credit for him? (And me, if applicable?). Is it just his email address or his account number, or both?
Thanks.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 22, 2004
6566 posts
163 upvotes
Vancouver
jeall wrote:
May 28th, 2018 12:34 pm
This thread confuses me. May I ask a simple question here? I am planning to sign up with Koodo soon and my son is already with them. What info do I need in order to get a referral credit for him? (And me, if applicable?). Is it just his email address or his account number, or both?
Thanks.
194 posts? You bet it's going to be confusing and with a very long tutorial without any illustrations.

Your son must sign into Koodo referral using this link address: https://referafriend.koodomobile.com/pu ... pg?lang=en

He will then send you the referral link.

You will get a confirmation email

Go to store, buy the phone or simply activate any postpaid plan

Go back to the referral website and enter your new phone number.

You should see the credit in your account within about 4-8 weeks.

For more info on the Koodo Referral program and how it works, check out their page: https://referafriend.koodomobile.com/pu ... pg?lang=en

Official instructions are here: https://www.koodomobile.com/help/refer-friend