• Mar 21st, 2019 5:48 am
Jan 4, 2009
222 posts
66 upvotes
Calgary
embguy wrote:
Sep 21st, 2018 8:37 pm
Yes

If you want the second and third lines to refer out, you need to do the role management.
The original referral shouldn't count against the limit. On one of my lines, i received $275 from refer-out, but also received $50 from the starting referral
Jan 4, 2009
222 posts
66 upvotes
Calgary
NavieM wrote:
Sep 21st, 2018 8:41 pm
Does that mean all the ones I already did were wasted?
I got 5 on each line that I did
As long as you have 2 separate referral accounts for lines 2 and 3, you should be fine. Just check on each referral account if you have 5 approved referrals on each
Deal Addict
Oct 26, 2010
1988 posts
1982 upvotes
embguy wrote:
Sep 21st, 2018 9:56 pm
Role management is only needed if you put all 3 lines in the one Koodo account. You are fine if you put your lines in each account by itself.
aznhulk wrote:
Sep 21st, 2018 11:16 pm
As long as you have 2 separate referral accounts for lines 2 and 3, you should be fine. Just check on each referral account if you have 5 approved referrals on each

Awesome thanks. That helps. I was "I can't believe i lost 10 referrals in total by forgetting to do something"

I just searched the thread for "tablet" and there was only results not related to my question.

If I activate that $15 3GB tablet line, can I use that for referrals as well? im maxed out on my other 3 lines but don't need a full phone line yet

Also do you specifically get a message from Koodo saying your referral is declined once you hit the max? or does the credit just not show up?
Koodo, Fido, Telus, Public Mobile, Virgin customer.
Jan 4, 2009
222 posts
66 upvotes
Calgary
NavieM wrote:
Sep 22nd, 2018 12:07 pm
Awesome thanks. That helps. I was "I can't believe i lost 10 referrals in total by forgetting to do something"

I just searched the thread for "tablet" and there was only results not related to my question.

If I activate that $15 3GB tablet line, can I use that for referrals as well? im maxed out on my other 3 lines but don't need a full phone line yet

Also do you specifically get a message from Koodo saying your referral is declined once you hit the max? or does the credit just not show up?
The one time I hit the limit, I just never got the credit. It still shows as approved on my history. They also don't do partial credit, ie, $50 from the limit and $100 referrals, you don't get $50. With the new monthly system, might be different now

If you can set up the tablet referral account, it might work, but you usually need sms verification to create the referral account
Deal Addict
Oct 26, 2010
1988 posts
1982 upvotes
aznhulk wrote:
Sep 22nd, 2018 2:27 pm
The one time I hit the limit, I just never got the credit. It still shows as approved on my history. They also don't do partial credit, ie, $50 from the limit and $100 referrals, you don't get $50. With the new monthly system, might be different now

If you can set up the tablet referral account, it might work, but you usually need sms verification to create the referral account
I called and they said its not compatible, unfortunately. They said they would give me a one time $50 bill credit if i do activate but that's it
Koodo, Fido, Telus, Public Mobile, Virgin customer.
Deal Expert
Dec 12, 2009
18005 posts
6035 upvotes
Toronto
aznhulk wrote:
Sep 22nd, 2018 2:27 pm

An approved referral means that the applicant followed all the rules, did the activation, submitted the phone number and the submitted information passed verification. Approving a referral does not mean the referring party gets a payment. You can continue to refer even after reaching the $300 payment mark. For each approved referral, payment depends on whether the $300 limit has been reached. If you go to the completed referrals tab and click on each completed referral, it will expand and show additional details. Under rewards earned, you will see either 1 or 0. If you have not reached the $300 limit, rewards earned will be 1. If you have hit the limit, rewards earned will be 0.
Koodo $40/6GB
Public Mobile 2016 fall promo, $23/1GB, $38/5GB
Fido $7.50/3GB+tablet
Rogers $25 500U home internet
Tangerine Bank
Sep 11, 2011
452 posts
360 upvotes
Toronto
Hi all,

My apologies if this has been answered. I tried a few searches but didn’t quite get a result.

I have a Koodo account (with two lines), and my mom has a Koodo account too. My dad is on PM and will likely be transferring to Koodo this weekend due to the migration plan.

Can I refer my dad and have him join into a combined account with my mom? I was also thinking of migrating at Walmart to get the bonus GC... is it possible to refer someone and activate at a retailer like Walmart/BB/etc (regardless if the first question is true or not) and still get their bonuses?

Big thanks in advance!
Deal Expert
Dec 12, 2009
18005 posts
6035 upvotes
Toronto
ApocDeals wrote:
Sep 29th, 2018 3:53 pm
Hi all,

My apologies if this has been answered. I tried a few searches but didn’t quite get a result.

I have a Koodo account (with two lines), and my mom has a Koodo account too. My dad is on PM and will likely be transferring to Koodo this weekend due to the migration plan.

Can I refer my dad and have him join into a combined account with my mom? I was also thinking of migrating at Walmart to get the bonus GC... is it possible to refer someone and activate at a retailer like Walmart/BB/etc (regardless if the first question is true or not) and still get their bonuses?

Big thanks in advance!
Yes you can be the referring party. Activation online or at retailer makes no difference. You claim the referral online after completing the activation.
Koodo $40/6GB
Fido $7.50/3GB+tablet
Tangerine Bank
Sep 11, 2011
452 posts
360 upvotes
Toronto
will888 wrote:
Sep 29th, 2018 11:36 pm
Yes you can be the referring party. Activation online or at retailer makes no difference. You claim the referral online after completing the activation.
Thank you for your help!

So just to clarify,
1) I send him the referral link to his email
2) He clicks the link, enters his name and email in the system
3) Go to the store and ask them for new activation using the migration code from the sms received. Do I need to mention anything to do with his email address while they setup the account? Or the fact that I want this account to be part of my mom's account (who has her own email on her Koodo acct)?
4) Go home after getting the new plan, phone and gift card
5) He goes back onto the referral system site and enters his number (that was posted from PM) somewhere.

Does this seem right? Thanks again in advance!
Feb 17, 2007
6 posts
@titaniumtux @embguy
Hi guys, looking for your help with my scenario.
1. Have a 90+ day old account with 1 line on it (line 1)
2. I refer out from line 1 (one to my friend, the other is self-referral/line 2 on the same account)
3. Once I have the 2nd line active on my account, I port out line 1 (therefore canceling it), and port back into line 2 (now line 2 has line 1s old phone number)
4. Now I complete the referral that was sent from line 1 to line 2 with my original number. And my friend completes the referral that was sent to them.

Since line 1 & 2 are on the same account, will I still receive my credits (both for the now canceled line 1 (sent out 2 referrals) and active line 2(received 1 referral))?

Based on a few posts here, it sounds like the answer is yes. Am I correct?

Looking for guidance.

Hopefully this makes sense….
Thanks.
Deal Expert
Dec 12, 2009
18005 posts
6035 upvotes
Toronto
ApocDeals wrote:
Sep 30th, 2018 1:32 am
Thank you for your help!

So just to clarify,
1) I send him the referral link to his email
2) He clicks the link, enters his name and email in the system
3) Go to the store and ask them for new activation using the migration code from the sms received. Do I need to mention anything to do with his email address while they setup the account? Or the fact that I want this account to be part of my mom's account (who has her own email on her Koodo acct)?
4) Go home after getting the new plan, phone and gift card
5) He goes back onto the referral system site and enters his number (that was posted from PM) somewhere.

Does this seem right? Thanks again in advance!
Everything you mentioned looks right to me. What account you decide to place the new line in doesn't affect referral.
Koodo $40/6GB
Fido $7.50/3GB+tablet
Tangerine Bank
Deal Fanatic
Sep 21, 2005
9943 posts
9162 upvotes
yuiou wrote:
Sep 30th, 2018 10:45 pm
@titaniumtux @embguy
2. I refer out from line 1 (one to my friend, the other is self-referral/line 2 on the same account)
3. Once I have the 2nd line active on my account, I port out line 1 (therefore canceling it), and port back into line 2 (now line 2 has line 1s old phone number)
4. Now I complete the referral that was sent from line 1 to line 2 with my original number. And my friend completes the referral that was sent to them.

Since line 1 & 2 are on the same account, will I still receive my credits (both for the now canceled line 1 (sent out 2 referrals) and active line 2(received 1 referral))?

Looking for guidance.

Thanks.
It is hard to say with the new 5x$10 system. Koodo changed the system to keep subscribers with Koodo as long as possible. If the referrer line 1 is canceled, I am surprised line 1 will continue to receive $10/m credit. This means that you are out of 2x$10 payment per month Now, line 2 has the line 1 number. The referral department will be confused and ask you who referred you.

I really don't know what will happen.
Have too many phones... This is how I limit my monthly phone payment.
Koodo $30 plan, PM $38 5GB plan, PM $8 plan to replace Speakout,
Zoomer loyalty family plan for 4 lines $117/6GB, $0 FPL home phone
Deal Expert
Dec 12, 2009
18005 posts
6035 upvotes
Toronto
yuiou wrote:
Sep 30th, 2018 10:45 pm
@titaniumtux @embguy

Looking for guidance.

Thanks.
I am thinking you are going to mess up the self referral. From my understanding, referrals are based on phone number and account number. When submitting the phone number in step 2 you are reminded to make sure all the number changes are done before doing the submission. You are not really complying with this. Assuming line 1 has phone number xxx-xxx-xxxx and line 2 has phone number yyy-yyy-yyyy. Now to complete the self referral, you had to use xxx-xxx-xxxx to refer yyy-yyy-yyyy. What you are doing is collapsing your account into one line by clobbering yyy-yyy-yyyy with xxx-xxx-xxxx. To the system, yyy-yyy-yyyy has left the building and that referral will fail with neither party getting anything. The referral to the friend should be fine as xxx-xxx-xxxx which sent out that referral is still in the account.
Koodo $40/6GB
Fido $7.50/3GB+tablet
Tangerine Bank
Feb 17, 2007
6 posts
will888 wrote:
Sep 30th, 2018 11:10 pm
I am thinking you are going to mess up the self referral. From my understanding, referrals are based on phone number and account number. When submitting the phone number in step 2 you are reminded to make sure all the number changes are done before doing the submission. You are not really complying with this. Assuming line 1 has phone number xxx-xxx-xxxx and line 2 has phone number yyy-yyy-yyyy. Now to complete the self referral, you had to use xxx-xxx-xxxx to refer yyy-yyy-yyyy. What you are doing is collapsing your account into one line by clobbering yyy-yyy-yyyy with xxx-xxx-xxxx. To the system, yyy-yyy-yyyy has left the building and that referral will fail with neither party getting anything. The referral to the friend should be fine as xxx-xxx-xxxx which sent out that referral is still in the account.
embguy wrote:
Sep 30th, 2018 11:06 pm
It is hard to say with the new 5x$10 system. Koodo changed the system to keep subscribers with Koodo as long as possible. If the referrer line 1 is canceled, I am surprised line 1 will continue to receive $10/m credit. This means that you are out of 2x$10 payment per month Now, line 2 has the line 1 number. The referral department will be confused and ask you who referred you.

I really don't know what will happen.
Thanks for your input guys. Will update when I know more..
Deal Expert
Dec 12, 2009
18005 posts
6035 upvotes
Toronto
aznhulk wrote:
Sep 21st, 2018 11:13 pm
The original referral shouldn't count against the limit. On one of my lines, i received $275 from refer-out, but also received $50 from the starting referral
Maybe things are very YMMV. I had $275 of referrals credits on a line that consisted of $100 for being referred, 3 x $50 and 1 x $25 referrals to others and they did not pay out a $50 referral because I was deemed over quota.
Koodo $40/6GB
Fido $7.50/3GB+tablet
Tangerine Bank