• Last Updated:
  • Sep 7th, 2019 12:26 pm
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2005
10666 posts
9782 upvotes
avid wrote:
Jan 5th, 2019 10:25 pm
And regardless of the answer they would still give the referral credit ?
Yes, as long as the email had never been used to activate a plan - i.e. new customer.
Have too many phones... This is how I limit my monthly phone payment.
Koodo $25 plan, Public Mobile $37 5GB, $13 250MB, $7 50min/50text,
Zoomer loyalty family plan for 3 lines $95/6GB, $0 FPL home phone
Deal Addict
Oct 29, 2002
2370 posts
83 upvotes
Ottawa
What is considered a new customer? How long do you have to be off koodo?

FS: Nothing
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2005
10666 posts
9782 upvotes
TheGame wrote:
Feb 15th, 2019 11:54 am
What is considered a new customer? How long do you have to be off koodo?
Sign up with new email address which was not used with Koodo before. Otherwise, you will not getting referral credit.
Deal Addict
Oct 29, 2002
2370 posts
83 upvotes
Ottawa
embguy wrote:
Feb 15th, 2019 12:00 pm
Sign up with new email address which was not used with Koodo before. Otherwise, you will not getting referral credit.
I meant new customer for the person being referred. What is the minimum number of days they have to not be koodo customer to be considered a new customer?
Want to move a line out of my account as it's own account, and think I could get a referral but don't know if it's a new customer if koodo -> prepaid different provider -> koodo, in one day.

FS: Nothing
[OP]
Deal Guru
May 8, 2009
11003 posts
7530 upvotes
Leask
TheGame wrote:
Feb 15th, 2019 2:34 pm
I meant new customer for the person being referred. What is the minimum number of days they have to not be koodo customer to be considered a new customer?
Want to move a line out of my account as it's own account, and think I could get a referral but don't know if it's a new customer if koodo -> prepaid different provider -> koodo, in one day.
You're always a new customer with new email / alias. You're never a new customer with a previously used email or alias.
eBay profile| Motorola phone. Linux on 2xcomputers. Brew beer & wine @home.
DUCA thread | Simplii Account Linking | Make CCTS Claim | Max on Koodo Referrals Thread
Aug 23, 2015
704 posts
626 upvotes
They sure are slow, have a referral or two from Nov that have not been posted to my account yet. Well past the 8 week mark. Anyone else?
Public Mobile $23 plan, $10 credits ongoing
Koodo $29 plan with Google Pixel 2 XL, $50 credits ongoing
EBox $42, group buy $2 off
Thanks to RFD
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2005
10666 posts
9782 upvotes
htauthority wrote:
Feb 16th, 2019 12:45 am
They sure are slow, have a referral or two from Nov that have not been posted to my account yet. Well past the 8 week mark. Anyone else?
I have referral credit in 2 weeks as well as 8 weeks
Aug 7, 2013
531 posts
113 upvotes
Greater Toronto Area
I'm confused. I have an existing Koodo account with 2 lines already. I want to add a 3rd line for my son but want to receive the referral credits. So what I've done thus far is issued a referral link to my son's email address which has never before been registered. He receives the email. Within the referral email is a link where it takes me to Koodo's website so I can select the plan. At this stage, should I be creating a whole new Koodo login account when checking out or signing in with my existing account that I made the referral from?
[OP]
Deal Guru
May 8, 2009
11003 posts
7530 upvotes
Leask
JagStyles wrote:
Feb 20th, 2019 2:13 pm
I'm confused. I have an existing Koodo account with 2 lines already. I want to add a 3rd line for my son but want to receive the referral credits. So what I've done thus far is issued a referral link to my son's email address which has never before been registered. He receives the email. Within the referral email is a link where it takes me to Koodo's website so I can select the plan. At this stage, should I be creating a whole new Koodo login account when checking out or signing in with my existing account that I made the referral from?
If you select the plan, you'd be ordering him service online via web store. If you rather go to a retail dealer, you can. Then complete the offer received at your son's email inbox by providing the phone number.
DUCA thread | Simplii Account Linking | Make CCTS Claim | Max on Koodo Referrals Thread
Aug 7, 2013
531 posts
113 upvotes
Greater Toronto Area
titaniumtux wrote:
Feb 20th, 2019 3:03 pm
If you select the plan, you'd be ordering him service online via web store. If you rather go to a retail dealer, you can. Then complete the offer received at your son's email inbox by providing the phone number.
Right but my question is when I order his plan, do I do it using a new Koodo account altogether or login to my existing account? When I click on the referral link my son received from me, it asks if I'm New to koodo to setup a new account or if I'm an existing customer. If I choose existing customer, login with my existing account, add the new plan/line to my account, will we still receive the referral credits or do I have to setup a whole new Koodo account for my son?
[OP]
Deal Guru
May 8, 2009
11003 posts
7530 upvotes
Leask
JagStyles wrote:
Feb 20th, 2019 3:08 pm
Right but my question is when I order his plan, do I do it using a new Koodo account altogether or login to my existing account? When I click on the referral link my son received from me, it asks if I'm New to koodo to setup a new account or if I'm an existing customer. If I choose existing customer, login with my existing account, add the new plan/line to my account, will we still receive the referral credits or do I have to setup a whole new Koodo account for my son?
login and add to existing. your son will complete email offer with number afterwards if necessary. for your son to refer his friends, see op
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2005
10666 posts
9782 upvotes
JagStyles wrote:
Feb 20th, 2019 3:08 pm
It does not matter. The new email address is used for referral purpose.
You can create a separate account for your son OR you can add a line to your existing account.
When you add a line to your existing account, Koodo system will not ask for your son's email address.
When you create a new Koodo account, Koodo system will ask for your son's email address.

If your son's email address was used in Koodo before, your son will not get the referral credit because there is no referral credit for existing Koodo account even that line is no longer active. That is the reason why I said before you need a new email address which was not used with Koodo before.

I know Koodo referral system is confusing for the new subscriber. Please ask if you have more questions.
Aug 7, 2013
531 posts
113 upvotes
Greater Toronto Area
embguy wrote:
Feb 20th, 2019 6:12 pm
It does not matter. The new email address is used for referral purpose.
You can create a separate account for your son OR you can add a line to your existing account.
When you add a line to your existing account, Koodo system will not ask for your son's email address.
When you create a new Koodo account, Koodo system will ask for your son's email address.

If your son's email address was used in Koodo before, your son will not get the referral credit because there is no referral credit for existing Koodo account even that line is no longer active. That is the reason why I said before you need a new email address which was not used with Koodo before.

I know Koodo referral system is confusing for the new subscriber. Please ask if you have more questions.
This was very helpful. Thanks. I added it as an additional line and once activated will finalize the referral. Much appreciated.
Oct 13, 2015
158 posts
3 upvotes
Vancouver
I made a mistake by logging in my main account before Step 6. But I still did registered as new user with second email. Now when I go to Profile>Role Management under my second number (the new line), I only see my main email (the one use to log in) as owner, nothing else. But according to OP, "it'll ask you to approve line 2 referral email to have self-serve access" (I don't see any message or pop up like this). If I try to log in with the second email, I receive message as "waiting for the owner to approve". Am I screwed? I want to cancel first line and use the second line to do future self-referral.
Aug 23, 2015
704 posts
626 upvotes
Some clarity as to how the "calendar year" works.

Had one referral in late Nov 2018, approved, no credit, hit limit, processed in Dec
One in Dec 2018, approved, credited, rolled into and processed in Jan 2019

Both filled out in 2018, hit limit in 2018 with referrals earlier in the year. Going back to Dec 2017 when i signed up, they rolled into 2018, which I did not know about until later... thought these late year 2018 referrals would roll into 2019 as well with the 4-8 week processing time. Only the Dec one did. It's not the date the referral gets filled out, it's the date the rep actually gets to it and credits your account 4+ weeks later. Had the Nov referral been processed in 5 1/2 weeks instead of 4, would have received the credit for that one as well, since it would have rolled into 2019. From my experience the filled out Dec 2017 and Dec 2018 refs rolled into and count towards the following year by the time the rep gets to them so this is how the calendar year works. Confusing. You would think any referral in 2018 would count towards the 2018 calendar year. Not the case. It goes by processing date, whether it takes 4, 5, 6, 7 or the full 8 weeks. Hope this makes sense and it helps.

Moral of the story:

In general, referrals filled out from Jan to the middle/end of Nov count towards that current calendar year. Dec referrals will usually roll into the following year. When trying to maximize referrals keep this in mind.
Public Mobile $23 plan, $10 credits ongoing
Koodo $29 plan with Google Pixel 2 XL, $50 credits ongoing
EBox $42, group buy $2 off
Thanks to RFD