Hot Deals

[Koodo] Various Koodo CPO phones added

  • Last Updated:
  • Feb 19th, 2021 9:54 pm
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Oct 6, 2007
8579 posts
5419 upvotes
Kootenays

[Koodo] Various Koodo CPO phones added

Koodo has just added many CPO phones for Tab purchase. I just received a CPO Galaxy S10 last week and it's indistinguishable from new. Headphones do not come with these, but chargers do. They ship in Koodo boxes. https://www.koodomobile.com/phones?INTC ... all_phones Choose "Online Only" to just see the CPO phones.
Note: these deals are best for people with existing Koodo tab plans that intend to stay with Koodo. They all come with a "Tab Bonus" which decreases by 1/24th each month you stay with Koodo (Thanks Churners!!). Most are $0 upfront. The best phones are listed as "Like new condition" There are also "Great Condition" phones, which I have no experience with.
Examples as of right now:
LG G8X ThinQ $10/month
Galaxy Note 10+ $20/month
Pixel 2XL $1/month
Pixel 3a XL $5/month
iPhone 11 Pro $31/month
iPhone SE $19/month

If you call Koodo ahead of time, you may be able to get a HUP (hardware upgrade program) credit of $100, depending on how long you've been a customer and how generous the CSR feels. They will often pay out existing tabs, if it's less than $100.

If you can't make the purchase without changing from the plan you have, or you lose your addon that's not available anymore, call in and have a CSR do it for you.
289 replies
Newbie
Aug 17, 2018
5 posts
3 upvotes
Hey, I wanted to get note 20 ultra. Do you know if I will lose my add ons if I buy this phone? I have 5GB + 1 GB and 1000 mins International calling.

*Update* I called Koodo, and they told me to select "keep my plan" at checkout, and I was able to keep my discount and add-ons. I also asked to talk to loyalty, and they waved the $110 down.

Thanks OP for the deal
Images
  • photo_2021-01-27_13-43-44.jpg
Last edited by shrahul on Jan 30th, 2021 11:18 am, edited 3 times in total.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Oct 6, 2007
8579 posts
5419 upvotes
Kootenays
shrahul wrote: Hey, wanted to get note 20 ultra. Do you know if I will lose my add ons if I buy this phone. I have 5GB + 1 GB and 1000 mins International calling.
If you call and have them do it, you shouldn't. They let me keep my $40/6GB plan and my $15/10GB addon, but they had to do it for me. Request a callback.
Newbie
Jan 26, 2021
3 posts
4 upvotes
How do you get hup from Koodo, I've been with them close to 10 years
Member
Aug 1, 2016
309 posts
503 upvotes
Interesting, last time I spoke with Koodo they made it explicitly clear that I won't be able to keep my 2GB and 5GB addons for the $40/6GB plan if I upgrade my phone on small tab.
Deal Expert
User avatar
Mar 22, 2007
27085 posts
6524 upvotes
Hamilton
Pysock wrote: How do you get hup from Koodo, I've been with them close to 10 years
Call them

“Hello. I would like to upgrade my phone but money is tight right now. Can you offer me some phone credits”
$35/10GB Koodo
$120/3Months PM
Newbie
Apr 6, 2020
37 posts
59 upvotes
smacd wrote: and how generous the CSR feels.
Yeah man when I'm making $14/hour the biggest thing on my mind is how to save my company the most amount of pennies. 100% you caught me buddy.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Dec 28, 2005
1724 posts
147 upvotes
Good thing I jumped on that s10 cpo deal about a week back. It looks like they now require a $45 plan to be tab basic eligible 🤦‍♂️. They are really desperate to get people to switch to much more expensive in market plans just to get a phone. We'll see how things turn up in 2 years from now when my tab is finished.
Deal Expert
User avatar
Feb 24, 2003
17068 posts
3325 upvotes
Toronto
wolf30 wrote: Good thing I jumped on that s10 cpo deal about a week back. It looks like they now require a $45 plan to be tab basic eligible 🤦‍♂️. They are really desperate to get people to switch to much more expensive in market plans just to get a phone. We'll see how things turn up in 2 years from now when my tab is finished.
Weird, I can order the iPhone 11 Pro CPO on tab basic without changing my $40/6 GB plan. I didn't check out all the way because I don't want to lose my free 5gb add-on.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Oct 6, 2007
8579 posts
5419 upvotes
Kootenays
ThiccCheese wrote: Yeah man when I'm making $14/hour the biggest thing on my mind is how to save my company the most amount of pennies. 100% you caught me buddy.
Last guy I talked to (Jan. 18th) was in El Salvador. I doubt he makes $14/hour.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Dec 28, 2005
1724 posts
147 upvotes
audit13 wrote: Weird, I can order the iPhone 11 Pro CPO on tab basic without changing my $40/6 GB plan. I didn't check out all the way because I don't want to lose my free 5gb add-on.
You probably won't be able to checkout when you try to finalize the process. It's also dependent on your account as well as some people get different plan offers.
Jr. Member
May 8, 2015
193 posts
95 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Samshares wrote: Cant get any phone with $40/8GB :(
I called in half a year ago and was able to get a phone on the small tab with my $40/6GB plan. Have you tried that?
Jr. Member
Apr 9, 2018
179 posts
49 upvotes
GTA
Just called Koodo about an HUP. Lady had no idea. Basically said the deals you see online are what they have....bad CSR?
Deal Expert
User avatar
Feb 24, 2003
17068 posts
3325 upvotes
Toronto
wolf30 wrote: You probably won't be able to checkout when you try to finalize the process. It's also dependent on your account as well as some people get different plan offers.
I didn't want to compete the transaction because I didn't want to lose my free 5 GB add-on.

I read on other posts that people called in and were able to get a phone on basic tab with $40/6 plan and keep the 5 GB add-on.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 13, 2007
9810 posts
4744 upvotes
Hashim85 wrote: Just called Koodo about an HUP. Lady had no idea. Basically said the deals you see online are what they have....bad CSR?
Yes, Try again
Telus $45 25GB
Sr. Member
Aug 7, 2019
925 posts
306 upvotes
shrahul wrote: Hey, wanted to get note 20 ultra. Do you know if I will lose my add ons if I buy this phone. I have 5GB + 1 GB and 1000 mins International calling.
Call and ask tell them you want to upgrade while keeping the add-ons. Have them to put a note to re-put your add-ons if they come off. The 1000 LD add-on is basically guaranteed
Deal Addict
Nov 8, 2005
2364 posts
1056 upvotes
Buy with confidence. Got my note 20 ultra in the mail and it was flawless. Got my 5gb and $5/month addons added. My 5gb addon stayed automatically. My $5/month credit was added on after the fact.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jul 18, 2008
1182 posts
125 upvotes
Markham
Has anyone been able to buy the CPO Note 20 Ultra ? I have tried with 3 different browsers and it won't let me "Place Order". I'm literally at the last step and it won't go through. Must be my 6th time trying to get the phone.

If anyone asks, I did call Koodo Webstore Support line and while they were helpful, the issue remains unresolved. Wondering if anyone else's order was able to go through with no issues.

**UPDATE**

the place order went through when I used my phone... what even... anyway, thanks to the OP for the heads-up !
Last edited by mzkaye729 on Jan 27th, 2021 8:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top