Various Koodo CPO phones added

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 23rd, 2021 5:15 pm
Deal Guru
Feb 13, 2012
14160 posts
4229 upvotes
VANCOUVER
hot_potato wrote: Yeah, compared to the original SE design, I don't like it either.. Wish they stuck with the smaller screen size but going from 4 to 4.7" isn't a terribly huge difference. My wife's phone is android, so I have to be adept enough to troubleshoot any issues on there lol. I like pixel's clean look, I used to have samsung and htc android phones which were loaded with their own stuff I couldn't get rid of.. then when they discontinued support of their own apps, it was basically useless bloatware hanging around.
You want a screen smaller than 4.7"? Astonished Face IMO, 4.7" is the absolute bare minimum for usability. I have an original SE that I just leave in the car permanently just to connect to Apply Carplay for the music. but if I had to use it as a phone, even on a semi-regular basis, that screen would be way to small.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 5, 2007
7464 posts
7522 upvotes
Rogido wrote: You want a screen smaller than 4.7"? Astonished Face IMO, 4.7" is the absolute bare minimum for usability. I have an original SE that I just leave in the car permanently just to connect to Apply Carplay for the music. but if I had to use it as a phone, even on a semi-regular basis, that screen would be way to small.
Hehe, it's funny how revisionist history is in people's minds.

My first smartphone had a 2.8" screen, with a stylus. It was 100% 'usable'.

My next smartphone had a 3.7" screen, it was capacitive touch, and was 100% 'usable'.

While I MUCH prefer the larger screens of today, I know someone with the original SE and they still prefer that size (they've rejected upgrading to other phones due to larger screen sizes).

Just because YOU find something unusable doesn't mean that's universal.
Oct 1, 2020
540 posts
867 upvotes
repatch wrote: Hehe, it's funny how revisionist history is in people's minds.

My next smartphone had a 3.7" screen, it was capacitive touch, and was 100% 'usable'.

While I MUCH prefer the larger screens of today, I know someone with the original SE and they still prefer that size (they've rejected upgrading to other phones due to larger screen sizes).

Apparently no one told you Rogido is the sole authority on smartphone usability? How dare you question his authority and might? /s
Deal Guru
Feb 13, 2012
14160 posts
4229 upvotes
VANCOUVER
repatch wrote:
Hehe, it's funny how revisionist history is in people's minds.

EmpressLisaSu wrote: Apparently no one told you Rogido is the sole authority on smartphone usability? How dare you question his authority and might? /s
You guys know what "IMO" means, right? Yeah, I didn't think so. :rolleyes:

Oh, nevermind smartphones with 2.8" screens. Do you remember when there were NO smartphones? People were happily using and showing off their shoebox-sized dumbphones. No doubt those would be perfectly usable for you too, along with your beta VCR? lol. "Necessity is the mother of invention". Look up the meaning of that too.
Deal Addict
Jun 28, 2005
3254 posts
893 upvotes
I still have my shoe phone. Check out my avatar.

Smiling Face With Open Mouth
Jul 19, 2010
650 posts
284 upvotes
Calgary
Thanks Koodo for waiving my $90 tab balance.. hello new to me CPo iPhone SE
Deal Guru
Feb 13, 2012
14160 posts
4229 upvotes
VANCOUVER
agent86 wrote: I still have my shoe phone. Check out my avatar.

Smiling Face With Open Mouth
Some things never go out of style!
Deal Addict
Nov 23, 2008
3730 posts
2082 upvotes
Halifax
zjwffff wrote: P40....no google...sad...
There are convoluted ways to get Google play store on a p40. I have to wait for my tab balance to get a little smaller. Pretty nice phone, not big either
Jul 19, 2010
650 posts
284 upvotes
Calgary
Could try calling and asking if they can help you out with the tab.. the nice lady at first offered to half of my tab at $45, but said she could do the full $90 after a little negotiations.
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2017
1895 posts
1270 upvotes
Calgary
I only see iPhone 11 for $31
I don’t see iPhone 11 Pro for that price.

Is that an error in the op description?
Sep 3, 2014
878 posts
914 upvotes
Maple Ridge, BC
Suthek wrote: I only see iPhone 11 for $31

Do you know how old this post is?

There are currently hardly any CPO phones on Koodo, so yes, the prices may well have increased.
Dec 4, 2013
685 posts
297 upvotes
Mississauga
drtmrcht wrote: Could try calling and asking if they can help you out with the tab.. the nice lady at first offered to half of my tab at $45, but said she could do the full $90 after a little negotiations.
Did you have tab bonus with your tab balance? Did she waive that too? What plan are you on? Thinking Face
Aug 24, 2014
220 posts
231 upvotes
Rogido wrote: You guys know what "IMO" means, right? Yeah, I didn't think so. :rolleyes:

Oh, nevermind smartphones with 2.8" screens. Do you remember when there were NO smartphones? People were happily using and showing off their shoebox-sized dumbphones. No doubt those would be perfectly usable for you too, along with your beta VCR? lol. "Necessity is the mother of invention". Look up the meaning of that too.
Yeah. Glad vast majority of people are not close-minded and tech illterate as those users. Otherwise we'll still be riding horses while mailing faxes just because it's "usuable". iT's rEvIsIoNisT hIsTorY.

-Typed on my typewriter from 1990 with dial-up internet (because modern keyboard and fast internet cannot be used due to "new and better things" = BAD!).
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Oct 6, 2007
9180 posts
6426 upvotes
Kootenays
Suthek wrote: I only see iPhone 11 for $31

These phones come and go on a continuous basis. If you're looking for one, keep an eye on the Koodo website. Reporting it as expired makes the entire thread disappear.
Aug 5, 2010
212 posts
241 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
If anybody is interested, the S20 FE 5G is back in stock!!!!!

S20 FE 5G

Happy Friday!
Aug 26, 2012
264 posts
74 upvotes
Is anyone else getting:

Your current plan is not eligible with Tab Basic
To proceed please change your Tab selection. Change Tab

I'm on PM migration 6GB. I thought only 8GB had this issue.
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2003
17972 posts
4411 upvotes
Toronto
ionrfd wrote: Is anyone else getting:

Your current plan is not eligible with Tab Basic
To proceed please change your Tab selection. Change Tab

I'm on PM migration 6GB. I thought only 8GB had this issue.
I'm on the $40/6 GB PM migration plan. I just tried and I can get phones on Tab Basic.