Tags:
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jul 22, 2007
7896 posts
8268 upvotes
Calgary

Koodo Winback

I just got an email from Koodo stating they have improved their network in Calgary and will be calling me soon with details and an exclusive offer to win me back. Anyone else received this? Any details yet?
3 replies
Deal Guru
Jul 19, 2012
14724 posts
4850 upvotes
Montreal
Damn, Koodo sucks hard right now and have changed to a horrible "phone payment plan" whereby each month you pay off a portion of your inflated-priced phone (with little to no discounts) + your full-priced plan until you get out of "phone debt" by paying it off. And best of all you will pay MORE than you would at Apple for the phone.

$45 a month in phone debt charges + $60-$70 cell plans is a real winner in my book, and I bet this is a real hit with consumers. :lol: :lol:
My last and final digital game I purchased at PSN from those Sony Devils was on November 22, 2020 - Ban that Sorny!
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jul 22, 2007
7896 posts
8268 upvotes
Calgary
JackWhyte wrote: Damn, Koodo sucks hard right now and have changed to a horrible "phone payment plan" whereby each month you pay off a portion of your inflated-priced phone (with little to no discounts) + your full-priced plan until you get out of "phone debt" by paying it off. And best of all you will pay MORE than you would at Apple for the phone.

$45 a month in phone debt charges + $60-$70 cell plans is a real winner in my book, and I bet this is a real hit with consumers. :lol: :lol:
Telus/Koodo have hyperinflated “prices” for their old hardware I agree. 2 year old iPhones and their MSRP price is more than the current iPhones.
Deal Guru
Jul 19, 2012
14724 posts
4850 upvotes
Montreal
SammyDavis wrote: Telus/Koodo have hyperinflated “prices” for their old hardware I agree. 2 year old iPhones and their MSRP price is more than the current iPhones.
It wasn't so bad when they at least gave out some phone discounts that expired after 2 years, but now it's a total jack-job whereby you pay the FULL INFLATED PRICE of the phone in installments. It's truly an insane business model, as you would save money paying full retail from Apple (and get more color/capacity choices), then pick whatever BYOP plan you want at any carrier you want.

I can't think of a single reason to get a new phone through Koodo and get locked into Koodoo for 2 years while paying the full, higher-than MSRP cost for a phone. It's a lose-lose-lose deal for consumers and I don't understand how they even get 1 new signup to this scam.

Whoever thought this "master plan" up is a real moron and probably won't have his job at Koodo much longer.
My last and final digital game I purchased at PSN from those Sony Devils was on November 22, 2020 - Ban that Sorny!

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)