Tags:
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
16603 posts
6470 upvotes
Oakville
ludhi wrote:
Sep 12th, 2019 10:44 am
so how is it ottawa online? does that mean you can't get the plan online to reduce the activation/simcard fee?
It's only being offered by Wow mobile - places like this often have these kinds of promos specifically to entice people to sign up in-person (because the activation fee is a pretty big deterrent, otherwise).
Lucky Koodo $40/6GB (with $15/10GB add-on) recipient
Jan 9, 2007
752 posts
200 upvotes
Markham
Anybody able to get this in GTA? Or even Fido?
Koodo $60/10gb
Rogers $39.99/150Mbps download/unlimited

if you know of a better deal, please PM me
May 24, 2017
286 posts
199 upvotes
GTA
I do have a 613 number currently with Koodo that is on seasonal hold. I live in the "GTA" . Anyone might know a trick to get this deal ? Can I call the store or Koodo directly and what should I say to get it ? Don't want to threaten to leave. Seasonal hold is low$ .
Jul 30, 2003
899 posts
102 upvotes
So can you drive to Ottawa and sign up with a Toronto address? Our port your Toronto area code phone number into the plan?
Feb 1, 2013
94 posts
137 upvotes
Ottawa
No, this is a Quebec plan extended to the Ottawa area. Fido and Virgin also extend they're Quebec plans to the Ottawa area from time to time these days just because of Koodo well it did start with Quebec cell phone company Videotron which is also in the Ottawa area and available to the Ottawa area residents. Fidos Quebec plans have a bonus which tops ups 2 9 GB or 16 GB for $65. It's right on their website but you can't get it on their website only in store. I know Walmart on Innes was going to get me this but I didn't like the expriry. Be warned. Fidos bonus gigabytes expire in 2 years. But I hear virgins bonus gigabytes or even if they have bonus gigabytes do not expire. Virgin's plans I believe is the same kind of setup as kudos where are you get the tab or silver plan for like an additional $10 or 15 a month. Just to give an example as I have no idea what the silver plan is. As for kodoos plan it will be registered as a Quebec plan. Meaning if there's a sale and its only available to Ontario ,, well you can't get it because you have a Quebec plan with an ontario number. Which says you're in Ontario but with a Quebec plan.I don't know if there's a Quebec plan you're able to get it because you have a Quebec plan. don't argue this with a Koodo rep as I already have multiple times and you'll get the same response.

I heard someone driving up from Kingston to get one of these Quebec plans in Ottawa but I don't know if they were successful