Hot Deals

[Koodo] YMMV - Koodo $75/20GB

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 23rd, 2019 2:12 pm
Tags:
Sep 26, 2009
130 posts
17 upvotes
I have been offered Telus peace of mind 20 GB (throttled to 512 Kbs after 20 GB) via EPP for $76.00. Between that and the offer in this thread (Koodo $75 for 20 GB (capped)), which would you guys choose? Apart from "unlimited" data on Telus, other difference is Telus is Canada wide messaging only, vs Koodo which is international texting/MMS. Also wondering whether Telus might increase the plan rate (only EPP discount is guaranteed, not the actual monthly cost) vs Koodo (which in my experience has never increased monthly cost since I have been a customer).

Sorry for the thread hijack, but would appreciate opinions.
Jul 20, 2013
150 posts
52 upvotes
I got this offer as well. Koodo called me 5 times in the last week to try to give it to me.

I tried to get extra data for free with my current $60/10gb data but they refused.

I kept my plan as is. I think the $60 is the best price I’m willing to pay.
Sep 7, 2010
9 posts
1 upvote
Hi guys, is there a number that I can call Koodo to ask for this plan?

Thanks
Deal Addict
Apr 28, 2004
1029 posts
230 upvotes
kevincy wrote:
Aug 13th, 2019 10:45 am
Hi guys, is there a number that I can call Koodo to ask for this plan?

Thanks
Aug 21, 2011
777 posts
430 upvotes
Whitby
I got calls couple of weeks ago from Koodo multiple times, but when I answer nobody speaks. I wonder if it was any of these..
Koodo Mobile | Stack | Lyft | Instagram
Sep 26, 2009
130 posts
17 upvotes
I phoned Koodo earlier today and was told that this plan "does not exist".
Deal Expert
Mar 22, 2007
25305 posts
3436 upvotes
Hamilton
Fate wrote:
Aug 13th, 2019 10:54 am
It won’t work if you call directly from your koodo line.
$35/5GB Koodo
$120/3Months PM
Feb 16, 2007
285 posts
71 upvotes
Ottawa
yyzrfdman wrote:
Aug 13th, 2019 9:29 am
I have been offered Telus peace of mind 20 GB (throttled to 512 Kbs after 20 GB) via EPP for $76.00. Between that and the offer in this thread (Koodo $75 for 20 GB (capped)), which would you guys choose? Apart from "unlimited" data on Telus, other difference is Telus is Canada wide messaging only, vs Koodo which is international texting/MMS. Also wondering whether Telus might increase the plan rate (only EPP discount is guaranteed, not the actual monthly cost) vs Koodo (which in my experience has never increased monthly cost since I have been a customer).

Sorry for the thread hijack, but would appreciate opinions.
I think it'd come down to whether or not you want a new phone. It'd probably be considerably cheaper on the Telus EPP plan, but if you're good with your phone, I'd stick with Koodo personally. I've tried Rogers, Bell, Telus, and now Koodo and I have to say that I've appreciated Koodo's way of doing business the most. Haven't messed with my bill, they allow me to occasionally get a good deal on a phone (Got the iPhone 8 for $0 on Med tab with $200 gift card from BB last year around Xmas) and they've offered me 10 gigs of data extra for $15 multiple times without asking. But that's just my opinion.
[OP]
Feb 21, 2005
759 posts
150 upvotes
smgksa wrote:
Aug 13th, 2019 9:22 am
WoW! That's with tab?
Agent stated it was eligible for any tab small - xxl
An agressive nature does not make a weaker man a gladiator....
[OP]
Feb 21, 2005
759 posts
150 upvotes
shadyazn wrote:
Aug 13th, 2019 8:17 am
A screenshot of some sort would be nice. Was it the loyalty department who contacted you?
1st post updated with screen shot from Koodo account page. I would assume it was marketing and not loyalty, as I have given no inclination to leave.
Last edited by soblecram on Aug 13th, 2019 11:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
An agressive nature does not make a weaker man a gladiator....
Apr 14, 2019
11 posts
73 upvotes
yyzrfdman wrote:
Aug 13th, 2019 11:44 am
I phoned Koodo earlier today and was told that this plan "does not exist".
They were not lying. This offer is not from regular retention team. It's like from another special team.
Aug 17, 2013
484 posts
288 upvotes
Toronto
freakx2001 wrote:
Aug 13th, 2019 9:23 am
Crazy amounts of data. Personally I consider myself a heavy user of data (I listen to youtube while driving to work), and I have never gone over my 10gb that I currently have with Koodo. 10gb seems to be the sweet spot.

*I actively switch my YouTube to 144p when driving so not to waste data streaming at HD levels.
This is because Rogers rolled out that "Unlimited" plan for $75 a few months ago. At least pricing is getting better for us. Competition is good
Sep 26, 2009
130 posts
17 upvotes
I think it'd come down to whether or not you want a new phone. It'd probably be considerably cheaper on the Telus EPP plan, but if you're good with your phone, I'd stick with Koodo personally. I've tried Rogers, Bell, Telus, and now Koodo and I have to say that I've appreciated Koodo's way of doing business the most. Haven't messed with my bill, they allow me to occasionally get a good deal on a phone (Got the iPhone 8 for $0 on Med tab with $200 gift card from BB last year around Xmas) and they've offered me 10 gigs of data extra for $15 multiple times without asking. But that's just my opinion.
Thanks for these thoughts. Was not planning to get a new phone. But I can't get Koodo to offer the extra GB I need (willing to pay $15 for 10 GB, as has been offered to many others, yourself included), but they will not give it to me for reasons that elude my understanding. I love when they tell me "it doesn't exist". So I will probably have to take advantage of the EPP plan to get the extra data I need.

Thread Information

There are currently 25 users viewing this thread. (14 members and 11 guests)

KenY41416, Corizzle, ThaChingster, kevincy, GurungBoi, jtrant, AMVSQG, cobra99, dwild92, kesleaf, dealbreaker88, destinyv2, channo, yoyogu