Expired Hot Deals

Koodo

YMMV : Koodo Winback 50$ 14GB data + Unlimited Canada calls + 1000 international

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 12th, 2021 4:21 pm
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2013
4095 posts
5877 upvotes
BC
DjRags604 wrote: Yeah it would be for the bonus features. Need the long distance more than anything.
It's a free addon, you should be able to get it on your current plan if you call in. Keep in mind it's select countries

$0 1000min International LD Add-on (Aus, Banglad, UK, Germany, China, HK, India, Italy, Mex, Taiwan)
Mar 6, 2018
27 posts
11 upvotes
I got a call from kiosks winback team (called on behalf of Telus) last month 3 days after I switched to freedom. They asked how many people in my household had phones, told them 4, and my account was the first to move. Told them my plan was the $55 20gb all in with iPhone 11. They basically said they have nothing close to that. I said what’s the best offer for iPhone 11, it would’ve been $80+ with 8gb. Hard pass.
Oct 16, 2007
27 posts
4 upvotes
Surrey
peakingduck wrote: It's a free addon, you should be able to get it on your current plan if you call in. Keep in mind it's select countries

$0 1000min International LD Add-on (Aus, Banglad, UK, Germany, China, HK, India, Italy, Mex, Taiwan)
My Rep stated it included US long distance. I hope he wasn't mistaken.
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2013
4095 posts
5877 upvotes
BC
mtnickel wrote: My Rep stated it included US long distance. I hope he wasn't mistaken.
I might have an old addon, it's been on my account for a few years now
Dec 25, 2016
59 posts
18 upvotes
Toronto
I used to be with Telus and ported to bell last year. I called Koodo Win back number today and offered me $35 plan for unlimited Canada + unlimited international text + 1000 international calling minutes included US in place of UK and 2gb data.
Deal Addict
Oct 25, 2005
1513 posts
826 upvotes
peakingduck wrote: I might have an old addon, it's been on my account for a few years now
The original (oldest) add on included more countries (incl USA and one other big name for sure, escapes me at moment)
The V2 promo (which majority of people have, incl myself) removed USA & ? from calling list

Be curious if they are offering the older add on again...

*edit
General consensus seems to be UK is the other missing country
Last edited by kav2001c on Feb 14th, 2021 5:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Koodo $40 Canada Wide + 13GB + 1000 Intl LD
Public $120 Province Wide + 12GB - $6 Autopay - $12 Loyalty - $45 Refer = $19 per Month
Freedom $35 ($37-BTS) North America Wide + 8GB + 1GB Roaming
May 25, 2009
443 posts
279 upvotes
Langley, BC
kav2001c wrote: The original (oldest) add on included more countries (incl USA and one other big name for sure, escapes me at moment)
The V2 promo (which majority of people have, incl myself) removed USA & ? from calling list

Be curious if they are offering the older add on again...
Pretty sure original V1 never included US, because I had it. V2 just have one less country, UK.
Deal Addict
Mar 12, 2007
1143 posts
413 upvotes
Kingston
kennyluo wrote: I just got called from Koodo today for a win back offer (to go to telus). $45 for 25gb peace of mind plan unlimited canada calling, plus because i have 2 lines, i get the family discount of $7.5 per line, so ended up $37.5 per month per line. Activation fee of $40 (i think) is credited as well.

I have ported to freedom back in Nov, and i believe this specific win back plan is for people who ported to freedom. I was with koodo for couple of years and the phone number that called me was 1-866-448-8030.

I am in Ontario btw.
Is it Koodo or Telus plan? I assume it's Telus, which is specific to the former Koodo customers who ported to Freedom.
Oct 11, 2006
981 posts
103 upvotes
Toronto
atlantic_man wrote: Is it Koodo or Telus plan? I assume it's Telus, which is specific to the former Koodo customers who ported to Freedom.
telus plan
Deal Fanatic
Sep 7, 2004
6623 posts
2980 upvotes
West GTEH!
From what people are saying, it sounds like this Winback call is for Telus. And Koodo initiates the Call. :rolleyes:
😎
Feb 4, 2016
140 posts
43 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
taya1214 wrote: They are also offering this to existing Public mobile customer. I've got a call and was offered $50/14GB plan or $45/5GB.
What plan did you have with public mobile to switch over? Im debating as I'm on the legacy 12gb 4g 120 dollar 3 month plan but I'd be paying double for the plans you were offered Pensive Face after discounts
Feb 4, 2016
140 posts
43 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Lol called koodo and got nothing offered. Told them I am on the legacy 12gb 3 month 120 dollar plan and told them after my discounts I pay about 25 a month. They just offered me what was on their site 45 dollars 6gb (the lunar promotion) then I said thats nothing special, I'd be paying almost 20 dollars more for 2 gb. Then the rep told me we have 1 more plan at 35 dollars and it'll get you 2gb at 35 dollars. I'm like so I'll pay almost 10 dollars more for half of my current data lol. Thanks for you time.
Oct 24, 2009
958 posts
1317 upvotes
Vancouver
kehfun wrote: What plan did you have with public mobile to switch over? Im debating as I'm on the legacy 12gb 4g 120 dollar 3 month plan but I'd be paying double for the plans you were offered Pensive Face after discounts
I went with $50 plan. Beside the obvious price increase, LTE speed is so much better if you use streaming quite a bit. Also, if you need a new phone down the road, Koodo has very good pricing for CPO phones.