• Last Updated:
  • Feb 28th, 2020 2:12 am
[OP]
Jan 20, 2012
543 posts
474 upvotes
LONDON

[Koodo] YMMV - Koodo Winback Offers $37 6 GB, $42 8 GB, $47 10 GB, $52 12 GB

As title says, YMMV. I ported out from Koodo to Lucky Mobile for their 7 GB/$40/month promotion. 24 hours after porting, I was getting calls from Koodo's CS (1866-995-6636). Finally was able to pick up the phone yesterday afternoon and they wanted to offer me some winback offers.

I was offered the following:
- $37/month - Unlimited calling/texting nationwide, 1000 min international minutes add on, 6 GB Shock Free Data
- $42/month - Same plan but 8 GB Data
- $47/month - Same plan, 10 GB Data
- $52/month - Same plan, 12 GB Data

All of these plans have an $8/month discount for 12 months. I went for the 8 GB for $42, since I only use about 4-5 GB of data per month. After 12 months, the price goes up $8, but with it being BYOP, figured you can negotiate some bonuses or extra discounts at the time of the discount expiration. The prices are for BYOP and from what I remember, the lady told me that the $37 plan is Small/Medium Tab eligible, so I assume that goes for the other plans as well. I did not inquire about getting a phone, since I currently have a phone I'm happy with.

The plans with higher data options are probably warm, since there is currently the $75/20 GB plans going around with the big three, but the cheaper plans are definitely good for the budget conscious IMO.

Also in addition, there is usually the $35 activation fee but it was waived with the win back offer and she said I should see it all credited on my first bill.

NOTE: I assume this operates like the Rogers/Fido winback offers, so you will have to port out your line from Koodo to another provider in order to be eligible for these offers. I assume it is extremely YMMV to get it through loyalty since I tried numerous times and was not able to get anything through them.
Last edited by kellmike626 on Jan 25th, 2020 1:11 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Please do not PM me with requests for assistance, unless I PM you first, or if I give you permission to. That's what the forums are for!
152 replies
Jan 5, 2010
302 posts
141 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
Thanks for sharing this detailed post. I am with virgin and have had a hard time getting any additional bonuses on my loyalty BYOD plan. Thinking about parting out to Public Mobile. I wonder if they will call me back with one of these “winback” offers.
Banned
Dec 28, 2019
1021 posts
644 upvotes
Basically, a retention $45 6GB plan with an $8/month discount for 12 months = $37/month - Unlimited minutes, unlimited texting in Canada, free 1000 min international minutes add on, 6 GB Shock Free Data
Aug 9, 2016
56 posts
28 upvotes
Toronto
I just got the $45 6 gb plan with them on winback. These A holes didnt offer me that other discount lol

Hopefully some other company tries to win me back soon lol
[OP]
Jan 20, 2012
543 posts
474 upvotes
LONDON
seth1987 wrote: I just got the $45 6 gb plan with them on winback. These A holes didnt offer me that other discount lol
Lol that was my issue. I said to the lady it would’ve been easier to offer me the plan in the first place and I would’ve actually stayed and not port out my number. But I tried probably 5 times and the best they could do was $55/month for 4 GB from my $60/10 GB plan. I told them I would port out to the better deal and they basically told me to go ahead.
Please do not PM me with requests for assistance, unless I PM you first, or if I give you permission to. That's what the forums are for!
Deal Fanatic
Jun 3, 2006
8402 posts
3583 upvotes
12 days north of Hop…
Every time I see "$x discount for y months" I'm like "no thanks".

"Permanent" plan or bust.
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2007
1952 posts
1132 upvotes
Markham
Anyone was able to get iPhone 11 Pro with discount on your win back offer?
-------
Thank you
Deal Addict
Mar 13, 2008
3196 posts
3196 upvotes
Oakville
Called the number and goes to regular Koodo CS. They don't have access to winback offers.
-ZdpZ... ;)
Penalty Box
May 15, 2016
6242 posts
2090 upvotes
What is the best phone to get to port out? I still have 150 credit left on my account.
[OP]
Jan 20, 2012
543 posts
474 upvotes
LONDON
zdpz wrote: Called the number and goes to regular Koodo CS. They don't have access to winback offers.
This is the regular Koodo CS number of course. If you are a regular customer, try talking to loyalty first, but like I said, extreme YMMV if you’re going to try that. The best you can do is port out and hope you get a call back from their win back team. But again, YMMV.

This is the number that winback called me from so it’s probably a specific team that nobody can reach unless they call you first. Maybe they learned their lesson from the Rogers/Fido winback and the RFD effect associated with it.
Jun 22, 2007
111 posts
143 upvotes
Markham
Hey yall, I am currently with Koodo and I was pissed off they wouldn't renew my multi-line discount from last year so after seeing this thread I called Telus. Told them I'm currently with Koodo and I would like to transfer to one of the big 3's.

He immediately offered me all three lines each 20gb/"unlimited data"/$65/month ongoing as long as I keep the lines. Only bummer was the stupid activation fee for each line was $30 but I still took it. Done with Koodo for now. I should be receiving my sim cards this week and porting all my numbers.

I am not a fan of Rogers or Bell reception so I was hoping to stick on the Telus network and it all worked out!

Note: I have 3 lines. You probably won't get this deal for one line transfers but maybe two lines.

Enjoy! Lots of nice deals available until the 27th.
Last edited by Cheetah on Jan 25th, 2020 12:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I don't downvote. I either talk shit or upvote. :twisted:
[OP]
Jan 20, 2012
543 posts
474 upvotes
LONDON
ToniCipriani wrote: Every time I see "$x discount for y months" I'm like "no thanks".

"Permanent" plan or bust.
Eh, in this case, worst case scenario, it’s BYOP so I can leave whenever I feel like they’re hosing me. So at the end of the 12 months if they refuse to budge or if a better offer comes out by then, I can leave. 6 GB for $45 and 8 GB for $50 is still not a half bad deal considering it’s full LTE unlike PM and Lucky and their prices are almost identical for a similar plan.
Jun 21, 2010
256 posts
111 upvotes
Toronto
kellmike626 wrote: As title says, YMMV. I ported out from Koodo to Lucky Mobile for their 7 GB/$40/month promotion. 24 hours after porting, I was getting calls from Koodo's CS (1866-995-6636). Finally was able to pick up the phone yesterday afternoon and they wanted to offer me some winback offers.

I was offered the following:
- $37/month - Unlimited minutes, unlimited texting in Canada, free 1000 min international minutes add on, 6 GB Shock Free Data
- $42/month - Same plan but 8 GB Data
- $47/month - Same plan, 10 GB Data
- $52/month - Same plan, 12 GB Data

All of these plans have an $8/month discount for 12 months. I went for the 8 GB for $42, since I only use about 4-5 GB of data per month. After 12 months, the price goes up $8, but with it being BYOP, figured you can negotiate some bonuses or extra discounts at the time of the discount expiration. The prices are for BYOP and from what I remember, the lady told me that the $37 plan is Small/Medium Tab eligible, so I assume that goes for the other plans as well. I did not inquire about getting a phone, since I currently have a phone I'm happy with.

The plans with higher data options are probably warm, since there is currently the $75/20 GB plans going around with the big three, but the cheaper plans are definitely good for the budget conscious IMO.

Also in addition, there is usually the $35 activation fee but it was waived with the win back offer and she said I should see it all credited on my first bill.

NOTE: I assume this operates like the Rogers/Fido winback offers, so you will have to port out your line from Koodo to another provider in order to be eligible for these offers. I assume it is extremely YMMV to get it through loyalty since I tried numerous times and was not able to get anything through them.
I thought Koodo always included int texts and sms with all their plans?
Deal Addict
Jul 27, 2015
2125 posts
1481 upvotes
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Nice. Im curious
Were you offered any phones?
Jun 12, 2015
378 posts
110 upvotes
Mississauga
Are the minutes Ontario or national canada wide?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)