• Mar 20th, 2019 6:50 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Feb 14, 2019
289 posts
151 upvotes

[Koodo] YMMV - Save $120 ($10/month for 1 year) on new phone with L/XL/XXL tab

First deal post so go easy. Just logged into self serve and saw this offer. I've only been with Koodo for a month so I'm sure some other people may get it as well.

For a limited time only on Tab L, XL and XXL we'll take $10 off your monthly bill for the first year. To redeem, enter promo code LPLUS1012 at checkout.

Fine print
This offer only applies to existing customers upgrading with Tab Large, XL and XXL. Subject to approved credit. Not stackable with any other offers. This offer excludes Manitoba, Quebec and Saskatchewan (sorry guys).
Images
  • upload.png
16 replies
Apr 16, 2017
17 posts
2 upvotes
Saw this offer too when I logged in the account. I just placed the order to upgrade my phone one day ago on the medium tab. So I scheduled a callback. The Koodo lady said that the order had been approved and forwarded to the warehouse for shipment. But she was kind enough to add the credit to my account manually. I'm so glad that I switched to Koodo.
[OP]
Feb 14, 2019
289 posts
151 upvotes
echotree wrote:
Mar 20th, 2019 2:00 pm
Saw this offer too when I logged in the account. I just placed the order to upgrade my phone one day ago on the medium tab. So I scheduled a callback. The Koodo lady said that the order had been approved and forwarded to the warehouse for shipment. But she was kind enough to add the credit to my account manually. I'm so glad that I switched to Koodo.
Nice, a good deal if you can also use it for a medium tab!
[OP]
Feb 14, 2019
289 posts
151 upvotes
hvwozq wrote:
Mar 20th, 2019 4:32 pm
This “deal” is colder than the North Pole. Large Tab plans are $25/month more expensive than Medium Tab plans.
What if a person is already on a large tab or a higher end medium tab and they're looking for a phone? You're assuming that everyone has a $45 plan. I could also say that a medium tab plan is super cold since I can get an unlimited talk/data plan from my work for the same as a medium tab plan with Koodo, or a large tab equivalent for 1/4 of the Koodo price.

This could be a good deal for some, sorry it's not a good one for you.
Jan 27, 2007
640 posts
471 upvotes
I'm on the $40/8gb plan and got this offer. Basically, they want me to leave my plan and get a much more expensive one for a short term discount. It's a no go for me.
[OP]
Feb 14, 2019
289 posts
151 upvotes
Zaptor99 wrote:
Mar 20th, 2019 5:03 pm
I'm on the $40/8gb plan and got this offer. Basically, they want me to leave my plan and get a much more expensive one for a short term discount. It's a no go for me.
Yeah, definitely not for everyone's situation but the person earlier said they called in and got it for medium. Could be worth a shot if you're looking to upgrade to a new phone soon.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 3, 2014
5415 posts
3281 upvotes
Majokito wrote:
Mar 20th, 2019 4:55 pm
What if a person is already on a large tab or a higher end medium tab and they're looking for a phone? You're assuming that everyone has a $45 plan. I could also say that a medium tab plan is super cold since I can get an unlimited talk/data plan from my work for the same as a medium tab plan with Koodo, or a large tab equivalent for 1/4 of the Koodo price.

This could be a good deal for some, sorry it's not a good one for you.
You don't make any sense. It's not a good deal for anyone since they excluded MB/SK/QC. RFD members don't sign up for Tab Large plans with the intention to keep it.
[OP]
Feb 14, 2019
289 posts
151 upvotes
hvwozq wrote:
Mar 20th, 2019 5:23 pm
You don't make any sense. It's not a good deal for anyone since they excluded MB/SK/QC. RFD members don't sign up for Tab Large plans with the intention to keep it.
Didn't realize you spoke for every RFD member. If you don't like it, please move on. I ignore 99% of the deals on this site because they don't interest me or I don't find them to be a good deal.
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2012
1176 posts
909 upvotes
Hongcouver
I just logged in and don't have this. Op, are there restrictions on the phones?
Yeah some of your are right that this might not be a super hot deal, but for someone who may, or may not have dropped his phone into the toilet this morning and needs a new phone right away, this is not a bad deal at all.

Thanks Op........
CheapBuddy wrote:
Sep 4th, 2013 2:34 pm
thanks you, i like this balls a lot, at Tin Horton... i got balls before at walmart and where all dry and old
Deal Addict
Sep 15, 2014
1907 posts
756 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
$660+tax for the iPhone XR all in on tab large with this.
Not bad.. but if you need to pay extra for the plan (can’t sign up/cancel directly on this deal..)
This space for rent.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 3, 2014
5415 posts
3281 upvotes
DealPanda wrote:
Mar 20th, 2019 5:49 pm
Yeah some of your are right that this might not be a super hot deal, but for someone who may, or may not have dropped his phone into the toilet this morning and needs a new phone right away, this is not a bad deal at all.

Thanks Op........
:facepalm: If you used a credit card and paid interest on it, that is a better deal than signing up for and keeping these plans.
[OP]
Feb 14, 2019
289 posts
151 upvotes
DealPanda wrote:
Mar 20th, 2019 5:49 pm

Thanks Op........
No restrictions in the fine print outside of it having to be a L/XL/XXL tab and your province. You may also have luck calling in to apply to a medium tab as one other member did. Doesn't hurt to ask especially if you're in need. Good luck!
[OP]
Feb 14, 2019
289 posts
151 upvotes
TheImp wrote:
Mar 20th, 2019 5:56 pm
$660+tax for the iPhone XR all in on tab large with this.
Not bad.. but if you need to pay extra for the plan (can’t sign up/cancel directly on this deal..)
Yeah, because it's applied monthly you can't use the cancel technique. Also not worth it to raise your plan just for this. If you're already on a large or higher plan then it's worth looking into.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 3, 2014
5415 posts
3281 upvotes
Majokito wrote:
Mar 20th, 2019 5:32 pm
Didn't realize you spoke for every RFD member. If you don't like it, please move on. I ignore 99% of the deals on this site because they don't interest me or I don't find them to be a good deal.
:facepalm: All you have to do is some basic Math to see why it is not a good deal for ANYONE.

Let's compare Medium Tab and Large Tab for Galaxy S9, 6 GB data, Unlimited minutes.
Medium Tab: ($65/month + $15 Tab) * 24 months = $1920 + $150 upfront = $2070
Large Tab: ($90/month + $20 Tab) * 24 months = $2640 + $0 upfront - $120 "deal" = $2520
$2520 - $2070 = $450

If you like giving $450 extra to TELUS Corporation, sure, it is a great deal for you, and they would love to take your money.