None
[OP]
Aug 8, 2008
400 posts
93 upvotes
Mississauga

Korean Food at Newin Centre in Mississauga

Hello,

Haven't tried the Korean food stall at the Newin Centre off Dundas/Hurontario for a few years now. Can anyone comment on it? I'm craving a good pork bone soup.

Thanks.
3 replies
Deal Guru
May 9, 2006
11322 posts
1910 upvotes
I've been there. Their pork bone soup isn't great. Travel to Central Parkway and Burnhamthorpe to Owl of Minerva instead.

That mall is odd. Not including the food court area, more than half the stores there are barber shops and salons.
Mar 12, 2007
38 posts
6 upvotes
Toronto
I used to go here regularly but I haven't went for almost a year now.

For Mississauga, the korean food here is as cheap as it gets. Most korean entrees like pork bone soup and bibimbap run you somewhere around $6-$8 FLAT (no tax or tip). With it being so cheap, I find the quality quite decent and the portions to be the same as most korean restaurants. With a pork bone soup, you will get rice and 2 banchan dishes where one is kimchi and the other depends on what they make that day like zucchini kimchi or bean sprouts. There's probably more MSG in the food here than other korean places but I don't really find it noticeable though I usually never do.

For the amount that you pay, it's a pretty good meal. I'd go again if I had the time and/or was in the area. I'm not sure if it's changed but there were 2 korean food vendors in the court. Don't go to the vendor that's on the corner and has a red sign. The other vendor is much better and pretty much dominates the corner place.
[OP]
Aug 8, 2008
400 posts
93 upvotes
Mississauga
Thanks! I'll give them both a try when I get the time.