• Last Updated:
  • Aug 3rd, 2019 11:04 am
27 replies
Deal Guru
Oct 6, 2010
14929 posts
9336 upvotes
Toronto
I believe semi rare is like a DCT. It's a manual automatic.

It pleases me to be the first to provide you with a semi rare downvote. I seldom downvote so when it do, it's rare. But I do downvote often.
DYI difficulty scale:
0-joke
10-no joke

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Deal Expert
Jul 30, 2007
29619 posts
15420 upvotes
Toronto
wow. Is the man smashing his own car ? I wonder. Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Smiling Eyes
Deal Expert
Nov 15, 2004
19706 posts
3767 upvotes
Toronto
Why are they only upset with Japan? The US directly killed and indirectly helped the Korean government kill hundreds of thousands of innocent Koreans during the war, and US bases have had their own semi-formalized comfort women system for over 70 years now. Where's the outrage towards that?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 8, 2017
2193 posts
677 upvotes
booblehead wrote: wow. Is the man smashing his own car ? I wonder. Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Smiling Eyes
From BBC
On 23 July in Incheon, north-west South Korea, a man was seen smashing his Japanese-made car in protest
torontoman12 wrote: at least it wasnt a 2004 is300
Hah so it should be "extreme" rare I guess :)
Deal Fanatic
Sep 1, 2004
6753 posts
5515 upvotes
Piro21 wrote: Why are they only upset with Japan? The US directly killed and indirectly helped the Korean government kill hundreds of thousands of innocent Koreans during the war, and US bases have had their own semi-formalized comfort women system for over 70 years now. Where's the outrage towards that?
Because politics:

https://www.japantimes.co.jp/news/2019/ ... oundation/

Both SK and Japan still have resentment towards US military and their use of hookers. I didn't read up too much on it but I don't think they were forced like comfort women was but I am sure it happens.
Last edited by Xtrema on Aug 2nd, 2019 1:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
May 4, 2014
4878 posts
6166 upvotes
Toronto, ON
It's not the first time. Recent studies shows a link between Kimchi and violence in men - at least he took it out on his car instead of his woman.

Last edited by er34er34 on Aug 2nd, 2019 12:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 8, 2017
2193 posts
677 upvotes
Piro21 wrote: Why are they only upset with Japan? The US directly killed and indirectly helped the Korean government kill hundreds of thousands of innocent Koreans during the war, and US bases have had their own semi-formalized comfort women system for over 70 years now. Where's the outrage towards that?
South Koreans sue Japanese firm for forced labour during WW II, so Japanese starts restricting trade with Korea in retaliation.

https://www.business-humanrights.org/en ... ur-lawsuit
https://www.bbc.com/news/business-46381207
https://www.latimes.com/world-nation/st ... y-concerns
Last edited by Bb0231 on Aug 2nd, 2019 1:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Expert
Nov 15, 2004
19706 posts
3767 upvotes
Toronto
I get that, but why are they only singling out Japan for the 'comfort women' issue here? The US has been a much bigger offender when it comes to that issue.

They didn't shut down Japan's 'comfort women' system when they took over, but rather adopted in wholesale and continued it in the form of the 'camp town' system around US bases and had the Korean government send any innocent woman or little girl who was a social undesirable there. In the 60s close to 25% of Korea's national income came from this system of forced sex work, with the government designating them as 'special tourism districts', and even now the Korean government themselves traffics in poor third-world girls from surrounding countries and profits off their misery the same way the Japanese did.
Last edited by Piro21 on Aug 2nd, 2019 1:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 3, 2009
5110 posts
1053 upvotes
Montreal
er34er34 wrote: It's not the first time. Recent studies shows a link between Kimchi and violence in men - at least he took it out on his car instead of his woman.

Why did he smash his German car?
Deal Expert
Jul 30, 2007
29619 posts
15420 upvotes
Toronto
^ that sure looked like it's staged. How convenient to have a camera crew setting their gears up and filming the whole thing. Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Smiling Eyes
Deal Fanatic
Sep 1, 2004
6753 posts
5515 upvotes
Piro21 wrote: I get that, but why are they only singling out Japan for the 'comfort women' issue here? The US has been a much bigger offender when it comes to that issue.

They didn't shut down Japan's 'comfort women' system when they took over, but rather adopted in wholesale and continued it in the form of the 'camp town' system around US bases and had the Korean government send any innocent woman or little girl who was a social undesirable there. In the 60s close to 25% of Korea's national income came from this system of forced sex work, with the government designating them as 'special tourism districts', and even now the Korean government themselves traffics in poor third-world girls from surrounding countries and profits off their misery the same way the Japanese did.
Democracy is never about what/who is right or wrong. It's about who you can **** over to gain votes without screwing your own economy too much.

Last I checked, there is no Kia/Hyundai plants in Japan and Japanese rarely buys foreign cars anyway, especially Koreans.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 1, 2004
6753 posts
5515 upvotes
booblehead wrote: ^ that sure looked like it's staged. How convenient to have a camera crew setting their gears up and filming the whole thing. Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Smiling Eyes
It is, dude is flexing to protest how unreliable the S63 is.

I just don't understand why anyone would confine a car made for Autobahn in a congested Asian city. What do you expect?

Meanwhile in China, you are not truly flexing until you hire people to break it for you:
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 8, 2017
2193 posts
677 upvotes
er34er34 wrote: It's not the first time. Recent studies shows a link between Kimchi and violence in men - at least he took it out on his car instead of his woman.

I remember Samsung's chairman ordered to burn multi millions worth's phones and smashed them in a "ceremony".
Last edited by Bb0231 on Aug 2nd, 2019 2:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
May 4, 2014
4878 posts
6166 upvotes
Toronto, ON
booblehead wrote: ^ that sure looked like it's staged. How convenient to have a camera crew setting their gears up and filming the whole thing. Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Smiling Eyes
He asked the news crew to come film it.

From the description:

When you buy a car that costs you more than $170,000 (200 million Korean Wan) the last thing you expect it to do is break down on you. But that’s exactly what happened to an S63 AMG owner from Gwankju, South Korea according to SBS News on their post earlier this weekend (Sept. 14, 2015.) It takes a lot to bring a person to take a nine-iron golf club from your set, invite the local news crew to film you and absolutely destroy a luxury supercar, but enough was enough. Check out the exclusive video of the man destroying his Merc’ below. It’s not pretty.

Supposedly after buying his brand new S63 AMG and taking it out for a spin, multiple times his Merc’ would shut off on him for no reason. He went to the back to the dealership for a checkup but they could find no problem with the brand new car. But when his car shut off again going less than 25 MPH with his five-year-old son and pregnant wife on board, he demanded the dealership replace it with a brand new car as promised by the manager if it happened again. When he went to the dealership and the manager was not there, he finally snapped.

First he parked his S63 AMG in front of the dealership and proceeded to smash it with a club from his set. After that video caught by a bystander went viral, a local news station reached out to the South Korean man and asked him to take a few additional swings at his Mercedes for them to film themselves, which they did. No word yet if the Mercedes dealership actually replaced his brand new S63 AMG.
Deal Expert
Feb 11, 2007
16857 posts
18595 upvotes
Oakville
The outrage is bottled in exploding Samsung washing machines.
If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.
Deal Addict
May 30, 2012
4019 posts
1374 upvotes
BC
Medium rare is the way to go....
Deal Guru
Oct 6, 2010
14929 posts
9336 upvotes
Toronto
lol, that's terrible... terrible follow through!

:lol:
DYI difficulty scale:
0-joke
10-no joke

¯\_(ツ)_/¯