• Last Updated:
  • Aug 4th, 2017 3:23 pm
Tags:
[OP]
Oct 1, 2013
38 posts
28 upvotes

Kosher bakery or bakery that makes kosher dessert

Does anyone know of any kosher bakeries or places that sell kosher cakes or any other desserts in Burlington, Oakville, Milton or Mississauga? West of Toronto will do as well if no other option. Thanks!
6 replies
Deal Addict
Nov 6, 2014
1241 posts
2258 upvotes
0 downvotes (Maple,O…
I know of the Sobeys on Clark Ave. in Thornhill. Especially near the holidays, the selection is great and alot of it is freezable so you can heat and eat as you like.
[OP]
Oct 1, 2013
38 posts
28 upvotes
fordmaple wrote: I know of the Sobeys on Clark Ave. in Thornhill. Especially near the holidays, the selection is great and alot of it is freezable so you can heat and eat as you like.
Thank you for the suggestion. Thornhill is a bit far for this particular purpose, but I will certainly check with Sobeys locations in Western GTA..
Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2011
8636 posts
5592 upvotes
Mississauga
Maybe contact a local synagogue for suggestions?
Deal Addict
Nov 6, 2014
1241 posts
2258 upvotes
0 downvotes (Maple,O…
You might also look at European Grocery stores - like Starsky's and Yummy Market. Maybe call and find out if they have kosher or can do kosher. Its too bad you can't hit Thornhill - the area between Dufferin and Bathurst - north of steeles and south of 407 has alot of options and chain grocery stores that cater to Kosher foods. Best of luck- love to hear if you do find something in West GTA.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 10, 2004
6958 posts
4574 upvotes
Richmans, Hermes, Grodzinski,.
IMHO Sobeys on Clark (between Bathurst and Yonge in Thornhill) is the least expensive and not bad. Both my sons Bar Mitzvah cakes came from there- we shopped around and used Sobeys.
[OP]
Oct 1, 2013
38 posts
28 upvotes
Thanks everyone for suggestions. Actually Sobeys in Milton (and I'm guessing most other locations) carries Kosher cakes so again thanks to fordmaple! Who would have thought?! Also, Starsky near 403 and Dundas doesn't sell or make kosher desserts or cakes.