KOSS Headphones 50-60% off

Deal Link:
Savings:
50%-60%
Expiry:
November 27, 2020
Retailer:
koss.com
Some great deals on koss headphones for black friday.
If you're unfamiliar with koss, they've been around forever making some of the best budget headphones out there.
I own and love the porta pros.

Highlights
Retro Bundle: was 190 now 100usd
Audiophile bundle: http was 100 now 50usd
KPH30i (you'll enjoy this review): was 30 now 19usd
PortaPro: was 50 now 20usd.

Edit - save another 15% by signing up for their newsletter.
Edit2 - use code GEN20 to save 20% - thanks mikexj
Last edited by mizunox on Nov 28th, 2020 1:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Thread Summary
30% off code: Cyber30
47 replies
[OP]
Jun 2, 2011
85 posts
93 upvotes
VANCOUVER
kimwoobingsu wrote: Retro bundle looks sick
Agreed, but the Pro4AA didnt review well.
Too bad because they look awesome, I was tempted.
Nov 11, 2015
82 posts
49 upvotes
Brampton, ON
mizunox wrote: Agreed, but the Pro4AA didnt review well.
Too bad because they look awesome, I was tempted.
It's a classic pair from the 70s. Bulletproof.

Here's the thing about the pro4aa; they actually not bad at all. The issue is that they're basically made to not break, and isolate sound. Sounds good on paper, but what this ends up meaning is that they clamp very tightly, can get uncomfortable on the ear, and are relatively heavy. Honestly if they made a very slight revision with a more modern pad design, and something to mitigate that clamping pressure, I think they would still be well liked. Man I love old koss, but the old pads are just not viable anymore.
Dec 22, 2013
34 posts
31 upvotes
Ottawa
Bought 3 kph30i this week. Get them now for the discount, they are the most insane value for the sound they produce. It will compete with your high end gear. Great entry point for those who want to appreciate music.
Jun 19, 2017
7 posts
2 upvotes
Thanks! Got the beige KPH30i and $19.99USD PortaPros from amazon.com - as cool as the $100 bundle with retro PortaPros is, shipping and import fees were way too much from koss.com (~$245CDN total). Oops, don't hit the "International Orders" button on koss.com, just check out normally.

This will be a backup pair of PortaPros, I've had mine for ~15 years and have sent them to Koss for lifetime "free" repairs twice. Great running phones.
Last edited by clickyclick on Nov 27th, 2020 8:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Mar 5, 2006
1671 posts
767 upvotes
Toronto
was looking at KSC35, but found no sellers here. Amazon has jacked up price.
seems shipping and import will be too much to make it worth it.
Dec 5, 2019
27 posts
30 upvotes
15% off code "Save15" stacks with sale
Nov 27, 2014
10 posts
10 upvotes
Kingston, ON
With 15% off using either the newsletter or "Save15" code, buying directly from the website was cheaper if you're shipping to Canada.
Thanks OP!
Deal Addict
Oct 1, 2006
1455 posts
41 upvotes
Markham
clickyclick wrote: Thanks! Got the beige KPH30i and $19.99USD PortaPros from amazon.com - as cool as the $100 bundle with retro PortaPros is, shipping and import fees were way too much from koss.com (~$245CDN total).

This will be a backup pair of PortaPros, I've had mine for ~15 years and have sent them to Koss for lifetime "free" repairs twice. Great running phones.
Did you have to pay for tracking when shipping to Koss?
Feb 26, 2017
611 posts
424 upvotes
I love the porta pros, but people tell me their wireless cans aren't any good. Is that true? I'd love BT portapros or similar.
Jun 19, 2017
7 posts
2 upvotes
Shadow888 wrote: Did you have to pay for tracking when shipping to Koss?
No, bought the cheapest shipping (padded envelope) to Ontario, and sent a cheque for the return shipping. Last time I did it was 8 years ago, everything cost around $15.
Deal Addict
Oct 12, 2006
1848 posts
333 upvotes
Alberta
Is it shipped locally or from the states?

Thinking of the wireless 35 and shove the drivers into my ski helmet ear pads.
Jul 15, 2003
780 posts
206 upvotes
The audiophile starter bundle is really tempting, but I already own multiple KSC75s, but just wanted the KPH30is.

Decided to just get the KPH30is. Awesome deal with the SAVE15 coupon and free shipping! It's a no-brainer! The KSC35 wireless is also tempting, but got to stop buying headphones!
[OP]
Jun 2, 2011
85 posts
93 upvotes
VANCOUVER
I started the thread but wasn't actually planning to order anything.

Really curious about how the kph30i sound compared to the portapros so I ordered a pair. They're so cheap, even just as a backup.

I have a spare set of orange yaxi ear pads that I plan to use with them, should look good on the beige model.
Mar 29, 2020
11 posts
25 upvotes
Thanks for posting the deal but what a horrible site. I tried to order the Audiophile bundle but got an error so I tried again and it still didn't work. Then a few minutes later I got notifications from my credit card that I was charged twice. I did not get any order confirmation emails though. So I tried to log in to cancel the second order but it says "It's time to update your password". I requested a password reset but haven't received an email for that either. Ugh...

Edit: I'm so tempted to try again. I have a problem haha
Deal Guru
Jun 27, 2004
12826 posts
2170 upvotes
Vancouver.bc.ca
Thanks. Snagged a pair of KPH30i, since it has the microphone. May come in handy when I use my notebook for web conferences :) . Came to around $21 CAD.
Chingyul wrote: Is it shipped locally or from the states?
They say it gets shipped by USPS (if <2lbs, else UPS Ground) on their Support page, so I assume it's coming from the US. They charge GST, though, so I assume you won't get nailed with extra costs.
[OP]
Jun 2, 2011
85 posts
93 upvotes
VANCOUVER
PaperInMyPocket wrote: Thanks for posting the deal but what a horrible site. I tried to order the Audiophile bundle but got an error so I tried again and it still didn't work. Then a few minutes later I got notifications from my credit card that I was charged twice.
Same thing happened to me last time. The 'pending' charges disappeared eventually.
Try paying with paypal if you've got it. That was the solution for me.
Jan 5, 2012
53 posts
8 upvotes
Scarborough
If you use GEN20, it gives you 20% off.