[koss.com] KOSS Headphones 50-60% off

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 24th, 2020 2:39 pm
Deal Addict
Oct 12, 2006
1844 posts
332 upvotes
Alberta
mikexj wrote: If you use GEN20, it gives you 20% off.
Awesome. Thanks.
Picked up the wireless KSC35 and some PortaPro pads.
Jul 15, 2003
776 posts
204 upvotes
mikexj wrote: If you use GEN20, it gives you 20% off.
Goddamn it! Just ordered with 10% 15% yesterday!
Jan 21, 2019
25 posts
10 upvotes
mizunox wrote: Really curious about how the kph30i sound compared to the portapros so I ordered a pair. They're so cheap, even just as a backup.
Also curious about the KPH30i vs Porta Pros, as they're both rated high but the same sale price but Portas are normally $20 more.
Jan 21, 2019
25 posts
10 upvotes
Will you be charge duties/taxes if ordered from the Koss website?
Jul 15, 2003
776 posts
204 upvotes
adamthemute wrote: Will you be charge duties/taxes if ordered from the Koss website?
You'll be charged tax. AFAIK, no duties.

I might pick up a Porta Pro t-shirt as well!
Jan 21, 2019
25 posts
10 upvotes
djray wrote: You'll be charged tax. AFAIK, no duties.

I might pick up a Porta Pro t-shirt as well!
Shipping from the Koss website was free which is surprising (do they ship from Canada too?), also got the 20% GEN20 discount, so if there's some duties/taxes it'll balance out!

My NAD Viso HP50 headband just snapped so this is great timing, thanks OP!
Deal Fanatic
Aug 17, 2003
5513 posts
279 upvotes
Mississauga
clickyclick wrote: This will be a backup pair of PortaPros, I've had mine for ~15 years and have sent them to Koss for lifetime "free" repairs twice. Great running phones.
I broke mine recently and thought about sending them in for repairs, but I think I'd be better off buying new from the site for BF. How much was it to ship back and forth and how long to fix?
Deal Fanatic
Aug 17, 2003
5513 posts
279 upvotes
Mississauga
Ended up ordering a pair of PortaPros and just a heads up your billing address has to match EXACTLY as your statement address otherwise you'll get the declined notification, but a pending charge will still show on your credit card and eventually clear out. Once I corrected the address it went through.
Dec 6, 2012
150 posts
394 upvotes
Toronto
Thanks OP!
Got Audiophile bundle; the damage was $45.19 USD with 20% off coupon and tax added.
Didn't have any issues ordering on the Koss website, checkout was painless (only pain caused was to my wallet; I should stop browsing RFDSmiling Face With Open Mouth)
Deal Addict
Apr 21, 2008
1331 posts
956 upvotes
M-e-X-x wrote: I broke mine recently and thought about sending them in for repairs, but I think I'd be better off buying new from the site for BF. How much was it to ship back and forth and how long to fix?
I'm pretty confident they don't fix them and just send you a new pair instead.
Deal Guru
Jun 27, 2004
12798 posts
2152 upvotes
Vancouver.bc.ca
Specialized wrote: The Porta Pro Mic/Remote has the upgraded cable if you're interested in the Porta Pro.
I considered those, but you only get the blue version, and I want black :D .
adamthemute wrote: Will you be charge duties/taxes if ordered from the Koss website?
I was charged GST by Koss, so I would think not.
djray wrote: Goddamn it! Just ordered with 10% 15% yesterday!
Me too! Smiling Face With Horns

Hmm, I wonder if I should order another pair of KPH30i. $20 isn't much, even if it sits in box for years :D .

EDIT// Well, it seems the deal is over, as https://www.koss.com/black-friday-deals no longer exists.
Deal Addict
Feb 9, 2014
1311 posts
3896 upvotes
Toronto
For the folks who bought the Koss KPH30i or KSC35, one mod that that everyone recommends is changing the ear pads to the Yaxi ear pads. You can get them on Amazon US but they're a bit pricey.

I have a brand new, sealed, never opened set of blue Yaxi ear pads for sale if anyone is interested. $20 and they're yours. Located in the GTA, PM if you're interested.
Jun 19, 2017
7 posts
2 upvotes
DanP wrote: I'm pretty confident they don't fix them and just send you a new pair instead.
Honestly I don't remember the details but it was painless and cheap ($15 or so total shipping). It did take a few weeks and I bought a cheap pair of JVC headphones for the gym while I was waiting. But the Porta Pros sound so much better it's worth getting a second pair as backup. As long as you can get used to the way they look...
Dec 11, 2009
256 posts
73 upvotes
Brampton
Another pad mod and Zeos sillness for your entertainment:
Deal Addict
Apr 21, 2008
1331 posts
956 upvotes
Zeos is a dumbass, but I read about this mod on Head-fi awhile back and some of the people there swear by it. I never saw anyone recommend leaving the original pads on, so make sure you take them off as Zeo's figures out in the end.
Jul 12, 2006
408 posts
25 upvotes
What currency is the charge in? If Koss charges GST, is that for International orders or proceed as domestic?

The code Gen20 works but doesn't stack with Cyber30.
May 19, 2013
403 posts
4542 upvotes
Vaughan
Ferris Bueller wrote: What currency is the charge in? If Koss charges GST, is that for International orders or proceed as domestic?

The code Gen20 works but doesn't stack with Cyber30.
They charge in USD, but oddly enough also charge tax (13% HST also in USD). Not sure how that works, can we still get hit with duties/customs/etc. if we pay tax on it?

Also, has anyone's order shipped yet? I haven't had any updates since the order confirmation on the 28th after paying.