Entry Level Road Bike (Québec Only??) - 329$

Deal Link:
Price:
Savings:
270$ off
Retailer:
KOTI SPORTS
Hi,

I just saw that the Celervita V21 that is regularly priced at 599$ is now 429$ and there is a coupon for 100$ off on top, bringing it down to 329$.

I'm not sure if it's Québec only.

Coupon: cestpartimonkiki
Link: https://kotisports.com/collections/bike ... /road-bike
31 replies
Mar 10, 2010
111 posts
113 upvotes
Calgary
Shipping is $99 which essentially cancels out the coupon code. Still decent for a $599 bike to get for $429 shipped.
Deal Guru
Jan 10, 2008
13318 posts
24565 upvotes
Too bad the size is only medium . Bike looks good
Feb 13, 2008
418 posts
254 upvotes
Hamilton
I'd avoid, looks like junk. They carefully don't spec or show the shifters so they will be something oddball, the brake calipers are Chinese crap. Why anyone would spec 700-23 tires. That picture of the front fork dropout scares the heck out of me.
Deal Addict
Nov 14, 2003
1805 posts
1245 upvotes
Toronto
Doesn't even state the groupset. I guess it for someone really into budget road bikes.
[OP]
Apr 9, 2021
21 posts
56 upvotes
brung wrote: Shipping is $99 which essentially cancels out the coupon code. Still decent for a $599 bike to get for $429 shipped.
It's free shipping here, I think that might be the "Québec only" part!
Jan 27, 2016
54 posts
35 upvotes
Calgary, AB
Slash5 wrote: I'd avoid, looks like junk. They carefully don't spec or show the shifters so they will be something oddball, the brake calipers are Chinese crap. Why anyone would spec 700-23 tires. That picture of the front fork dropout scares the heck out of me.
Is there an entry level road bike you would recommend?
Apr 17, 2020
65 posts
81 upvotes
I have a northrock SR1 that I’m returning to Costco (I’m too short for it) if anyone wants in West Island/montreal area
Apr 30, 2020
170 posts
160 upvotes
Vancouver
if you're looking for a cheap road bike and you have a friend that really knows bikes, have him/her help you to find a used one that has brand name everything and is relatively modern (newer than 10 years).
yes you will pay more than $400 but you could maybe snag a decent one for around $600 or so if you have patience, and you will not regret it over buying something like this.
Dec 2, 2007
484 posts
255 upvotes
Cameltoejoe wrote: Is there an entry level road bike you would recommend?
The stuff from Decathlon is pretty good, otherwise something like a Trek or Giant is the next level up. Felt make some great entry level Aluminum road bikes too with proper components.
Nov 17, 2019
723 posts
1900 upvotes
FunkMasterDeals wrote: It's free shipping here, I think that might be the "Québec only" part!
Local pickup is free in Ottawa also.
Deal Expert
Mar 6, 2003
15860 posts
7425 upvotes
Ottawa
I'd avoid too. The Northrock Costco bike was a way better deal.
This is RedFlagDeals, not RedFlagCheapskates. Rich or poor, we all want our deals so we can buy even more stuff we may or may not need.
Mar 8, 2017
199 posts
390 upvotes
I don't see any precise specs. Looks like mostly low-end components (derailleurs, wheels, tires). At this point, might as well buy a bike from Canadian tire.
Deal Addict
Sep 6, 2017
3913 posts
2497 upvotes
Slash5 wrote: I'd avoid, looks like junk. They carefully don't spec or show the shifters so they will be something oddball, the brake calipers are Chinese crap. Why anyone would spec 700-23 tires. That picture of the front fork dropout scares the heck out of me.
For me the welding scares the heck out of me.
Dec 29, 2020
44 posts
21 upvotes
14.5kg? Holy smoke. Please go to Kijiji or Facebook Marketplace and get a used bike with decent Shimano gear. There are bunch of deals around $500-$600 for 5-10 year old bikes with 10x better gear, frame and saddle. Being a brand new bike doesn't make a it better bike at all, in this case even way worse.
Apr 30, 2020
170 posts
160 upvotes
Vancouver
cristianosham wrote: For me the welding scares the heck out of me.
to me i don't really see anything wrong with the welds? even alloy bikes from big brands don't always have cleanly smoothed out welds
Apr 23, 2016
530 posts
564 upvotes
Kelowna
Pushing 30lbs and no lever shifters. What is this, 1987?

I wouldn't even ride this for free.
Apr 23, 2016
530 posts
564 upvotes
Kelowna
Don't worry. The front derailleur looks like it's SHIMENO. Close enough.
Nov 23, 2018
958 posts
328 upvotes
Markham ON
Must be a VERY VERY VERY VERY ENTRY LEVEL BIKE. The disk calipers are some chinese shi*. The shifters are still friction shifters (not integrated into the drop bar levers, aka brake levers). Tires aren't even at least KENDA, and KENDA IS MADE IN CHINAOnly good thing about the bike is that it is aluminum. Look else where, unless you don't give a shi*, or don't have enough money (i would just save up).
Think Less, Imagine More
Costco is Bliss