Bolt 250 - Electric Bike - Now 799$!

Deal Link:
Price:
799$
Savings:
800$
Retailer:
kotisports.com
I don't know a lot about e-bikes but this seems like a good deal.

From what I read online, 250W isn't enough to be mountain biking without having to use your legs a little bit but it seems to be good enough to cruise on flat land at 25km/h.

The autonomy is 40 to 60km and the bike is only available in Medium.

There is a 400$ discount on the web page and you get another 400$ off by using the code pasuneteslamaispasloin

This is the URL: https://kotisports.com/collections/bike ... ctric-bike
Last edited by FunkMasterDeals on Oct 1st, 2021 10:17 am, edited 3 times in total.
Thread Summary
If you're shopping around, take a look at RFD Reviews' top picks for the best electric bikes!
41 replies
Jun 26, 2021
14 posts
27 upvotes
For anyone too lazy to fill out forms to check, it's $109 to ship this to Vancouver
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2012
3616 posts
2300 upvotes
Calgary
250w motor won't qualify as strong so will need muscle assistance for sure. But for the money, its not bad. Good for casual bikes out for some fresh air.

Not looking for an ebike but an upvote from me for pretty good deal.
Deal Addict
Nov 29, 2007
4460 posts
4039 upvotes
No Bum Deals
FunkMasterDeals wrote: The autonomy is 40 to 60km....
I don't know about you but I would love the autonomy to kick in at 40-60kph, maybe go hands-free at that point and sip some tea.
Fake, inflated, paid, and other forms of scammy news and reviews run rampant. A world drenched in online deceit, spiraling into oblivion.
Jan 25, 2016
543 posts
717 upvotes
Toronto
I’m seeing $1,399 as the price when I click the link.
Deal Expert
Jun 23, 2005
23137 posts
180823 upvotes
GTA
This late in the season, I would really only buy this if you ride year round. Otherwise, you're likely just burning through half of the warranty while it's sitting in your garage, not to mention having to worry about maintaining the battery during the winter without having gotten any significant use out of it the season prior.

Also, not sure on this manufacturer, but it's good to buy from a manufacturer that gives you proper warranty coverage/support. Again, not saying this is one of them, but plenty of fly by night companies selling ebikes out there...
Aug 13, 2020
835 posts
3762 upvotes
toguy wrote: This late in the season, I would really only buy this if you ride year round. Otherwise, you're likely just burning through half of the warranty while it's sitting in your garage, not to mention having to worry about maintaining the battery during the winter without having gotten any significant use out of it the season prior.
(...)
Great point TOGuy,

We are super lucky in southern BC to be able to ride all year round but I've never understood why there are so many people riding bikes in winter in Europe but Not as much in Canada.

We went to Frankfurt and I saw about 50 bikes with locks at one spot downtown when there was 5 inches of snow on the ground.
Sep 14, 2021
3 posts
5 upvotes
toguy wrote: This late in the season, I would really only buy this if you ride year round. Otherwise, you're likely just burning through half of the warranty while it's sitting in your garage, not to mention having to worry about maintaining the battery during the winter without having gotten any significant use out of it the season prior.

Also, not sure on this manufacturer, but it's good to buy from a manufacturer that gives you proper warranty coverage/support. Again, not saying this is one of them, but plenty of fly by night companies selling ebikes out there...
idk where you live but in Toronto you can ride your bike much more than half the year, year round. Also we go through the all the seasons once a year, so if the warranty is one year does your point still stand?
Deal Addict
Mar 29, 2010
1721 posts
4660 upvotes
Down to $799 now when you use promo code: PASUNETESLAMAISPASLOIN at checkout.

Not bad for $799+tax!!!
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2008
1490 posts
842 upvotes
Hamilton
All in incl shipping for ON, L9G, $969.54.

No details for battery and I'm not sure will a 10 A battery be enough.
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2012
3616 posts
2300 upvotes
Calgary
oj777 wrote: Down to $799 now when you use promo code: PASUNETESLAMAISPASLOIN at checkout.

Not bad for $799+tax!!!
Dang I hate you brother! LOLz just kiddin' ya. For sure I wasn't looking for an ebike but that this pricing, its almost worth it just as a winter ride. Not quite a fat tire but 2.35" isn't too bad & might just dig in the snow better. For sure its easier to pedal unassisted vis a vis the 4" big 'uns.

Decisions decision! Haiyaah...just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in!
HamsiBrain wrote: All in incl shipping for ON, L9G, $969.54.

No details for battery and I'm not sure will a 10 A battery be enough.
10ah definitely won't be enough if you wanna ride it like a moped. Its plenty if you wanna put in some work as well. Don't look down on a 250w motor either as its makes quite a different. Its like pedaling on flats when climbing. Not exactly a huge sweatout but still, you can easily get a good heartrate going if you pound it hard.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 25, 2010
5097 posts
976 upvotes
Already have an eBike (note, they are awesome) but I put this deal on an FB eBike group, so thanks.

And as the OP stated, 250w should be fine for a commuter bike providing relatively flat terrain.

P.S. And just in case you can stack coupons:

Use code KOTI25 to save 25$ on your order
May 30, 2017
611 posts
213 upvotes
Streetsville, Missis…
IslandDeal wrote: We went to Frankfurt and I saw about 50 bikes with locks at one spot downtown when there was 5 inches of snow on the ground.
Better maintenance of pedestrian routes, culture is more open to alternative transport, more density, etc. NotJustBikes on YouTube made a video on winter biking in Finland. These guys bike all year round and their bike paths packed tightly with snow, but they don't need to use winter tires thanks to the way the municipality's snow trucks flatten snow. In Canada I heard that this wouldn't be possible because we have a more humid climate so there's a lot of slush and snow doesn't pack as well. We also salt the hell out of everything. Plus there's black ice. I've no clue if Finland has to deal with black ice or not. I'm curious to know how they deal with it if they do.

I think even Russia has better bike infrastructure in some places than Canada does. lol
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2012
3616 posts
2300 upvotes
Calgary
cellnerd wrote: Better maintenance of pedestrian routes, culture is more open to alternative transport, more density, etc. NotJustBikes on YouTube made a video on winter biking in Finland. These guys bike all year round and their bike paths packed tightly with snow, but they don't need to use winter tires thanks to the way the municipality's snow trucks flatten snow. In Canada I heard that this wouldn't be possible because we have a more humid climate so there's a lot of slush and snow doesn't pack as well. We also salt the hell out of everything. Plus there's black ice. I've no clue if Finland has to deal with black ice or not. I'm curious to know how they deal with it if they do.

I think even Russia has better bike infrastructure in some places than Canada does. lol
For sure bike paths/lane maintenance is uber important but ultimately, it the culture. EU esp nordic countries are very bikecentric where we in NA are most autocentric. Lets face it, we're gas burners & that's ingrained from birth. There would be a revolt if gas is anywhere close to euro prices plus they tax the heck out of auto usage & in some countries, its even cu in specific. Its only in the last few years that e-anything is starting to make inroads. The pandemic & its lockdowns & restrictions mostly accelerated that trend.

With the right tires (& they do sell studded tires), snow & even ice isn't a big deal. Its nastier for sure but like winter driving, we get used to it & learn the intricacies. Again much like driving on the snow. But we're lazy cos we're into motorised everything plus winter biking is a big shock to the system. No doubt about that.

For the most part, cycling here is a sport & until it becomes a mode of transport, we aren't going to match the Euros anytime soon.
May 29, 2008
481 posts
813 upvotes
Halifax, NS
WheelsOnRedDeals wrote: idk where you live but in Toronto you can ride your bike much more than half the year, year round. Also we go through the all the seasons once a year, so if the warranty is one year does your point still stand?
Couldn't agree more...
I've lived in several cities throughout southern Ontario and now Nova Scotia over the past 3 decades, most times when it does snow, the roads are usually cleared within 24 hours and suitable for road biking.
Dec 27, 2017
146 posts
214 upvotes
I'm no expert, but I have owned 7 electric bicycles (I have two at the moment) overt the last 7 years and my strongest advice is to buy local. I say that because these bikes go fast but can break down fast. Three I have purchased from Costco have had serious issues and no one local would touch them, or know what to do to properly fix them because of all the proprietary parts.. So I currently have to Biktrix bicycles, and they have a store here in town. Many bike shops this time of year will start to discount their ebikes for decent deals. Just my two cents. But this one may be really good for the price.