Kovalev Signs With the Senators

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 6th, 2009 10:24 pm
[OP]
Feb 9, 2008
68 posts
13 upvotes

Kovalev Signs With the Senators

Well, Gainey said his time in Montreal was done. Kovie's off to Ottawa. Can't say I'm going to miss him. As a Habs fan he was the most frustrating player I've ever watched. As good as anyone when he turned it up a notch, but most of the time he underachieved and rarely even looked like he cared.

The worst part is I guarantee he will light up the Habs every time he plays them. John LeClair anyone?
5 replies
Deal Addict
Aug 5, 2004
2654 posts
108 upvotes
GTA
Wasn't LeClair lighting up everyone after he left the Habs? I still remember being shocked at how good he became overnight.

Anyway, the Kovalev signing really surprised me. I don't know if it's what the Sens need, but having three guys capable of 30-40 goals and another doing 40-50 is probably a good thing (I know Heater wants out, but I can pretend that he's going to stay :cheesygri ). The pressure is definately going to be distributed, so maybe it'll work out.
Deal Addict
Jun 4, 2006
2069 posts
50 upvotes
$5 million/year for this guy? Was the market really that competitive for him, or the Sens were the only ones who showed the $$$. A pissed off Spezza, crazy Heatley and they add Kovalev, interesting stuff.
Deal Addict
Sep 27, 2008
3787 posts
596 upvotes
Leuven
I have a terrible feeling Kovalev is going to light up the habs whenever they meet. When he is motivated and playing hard he is one of the best.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 2, 2005
5101 posts
748 upvotes
BongoBong wrote: I have a terrible feeling Kovalev is going to light up the habs whenever they meet. When he is motivated and playing hard he is one of the best.
He is on a downhill slide, and not motivated at all other than personal ego.
Deal Addict
Sep 27, 2008
3787 posts
596 upvotes
Leuven
162 wrote: He is on a downhill slide, and not motivated at all other than personal ego.
Exactly, which is why I think he will light up his old team, personal reasons.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)