May 31, 2009
1680 posts
568 upvotes

BOGO Free Original Glaze April 28th Only

Savings:
BOGO
Expiry:
April 28, 2016
Was at the Mississauga location and they have a special box showing this deal. Calling it Super Hero Day

[external link removed]
24 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 4, 2013
1028 posts
410 upvotes
Surrey, BC (GVR)
Alternately you can go in after 10pm and get a box of whichever you like for half off.
Please check my feedback:
RFD
HWC
Heatware
Deal Addict
Dec 10, 2012
1108 posts
859 upvotes
Richmond Hill
IMO its just like drinking melted sugar syrup. OOPs just gave away the secret ingredient plus plenty of lard. :)

I actually prefer Walmart's style donut half dozen for $1. It actually has some dough taste.

I still remember the attempt at opening a store at Hillcrest Mall in Richmond Hill. Probably one of the shortest lived store fronts. Up one day gone the next.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 3, 2010
6704 posts
2100 upvotes
Mississauga
sirxterminator wrote: IMO its just like drinking melted sugar syrup. OOPs just gave away the secret ingredient plus plenty of lard. :)

I actually prefer Walmart's style donut half dozen for $1. It actually has some dough taste.

I still remember the attempt at opening a store at Hillcrest Mall in Richmond Hill. Probably one of the shortest lived store fronts. Up one day gone the next.
Donut is donut,you buy it from Walmart,Tim Hortons or any other place.
It doesn't seem like a fair feedback.
Are you sure about the Lard?
Do you mind to share why was it so short experience?were in rush to make plenty of money?
Silence is the best answer to a fool
Deal Addict
Dec 10, 2012
1108 posts
859 upvotes
Richmond Hill
immortal_kssss wrote: Donut is donut,you buy it from Walmart,Tim Hortons or any other place.
Do you mind to share why was it so short experience?were in rush to make plenty of money?
One answer to all your questions. Poor marketing and product diversity.

Compare successful franchise like McDee's and Tim Horton's.

BTW my favorite is probably apple fritter's. Not all donuts are the same.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 10, 2003
7673 posts
3040 upvotes
immortal_kssss wrote: Donut is donut,you buy it from Walmart,Tim Hortons or any other place.
Not really. Tim Hortons' donuts are frozen, and walmart's probably are too. Krispy Kreme is the only place I can get a fresh from the fryer donut.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 3, 2010
6704 posts
2100 upvotes
Mississauga
sirxterminator wrote: One answer to all your questions. Poor marketing and product diversity.

Thanks ,but Are you sure about the Lard part ?Like you are sure about it (not heard it from a friend)?
Jun 18, 2006
92 posts
17 upvotes
Brampton
a googling we go...

https://www.krispykreme.com/about/Contact-Us

Krispy Kreme uses a shortening blend that has zero grams of trans fat per serving and is formulated to preserve the great Krispy Kreme taste our consumers have come to expect.
--------
Too crazy to think...
Deal Fanatic
Nov 3, 2010
6704 posts
2100 upvotes
Mississauga
shieva wrote: a googling we go...

https://www.krispykreme.com/about/Contact-Us

Krispy Kreme uses a shortening blend that has zero grams of trans fat per serving and is formulated to preserve the great Krispy Kreme taste our consumers have come to expect.
Thanks for the link.
sirxterminator wrote: IMO its just like drinking melted sugar syrup. OOPs just gave away the secret ingredient plus plenty of lard. :)

The website states that they don't use lard.
Are Krispy Kreme Doughnuts Kosher?
All of our doughnuts are ingredient Kosher. Our mix plant in Winston-Salem, NC where the mix is made is certified Kosher. In addition, some of our stores, but not all, have been certified Kosher. To get a complete listing of our stores that have been Kosher certified, please call us at 1-800-4KRISPY.
Deal Guru
Jul 23, 2007
13607 posts
5584 upvotes
Toronto
crazyea wrote: Alternately you can go in after 10pm and get a box of whichever you like for half off.
Interesting
Only BC is open after 10 pm
http://www.krispykreme.ca/find-a-store/
Also almost every time a KK thread comes up someone mentions KK gives free doughnuts all time and you just have to ask for one.
Deal Addict
Dec 4, 2013
1028 posts
410 upvotes
Surrey, BC (GVR)
jenviea wrote: Interesting
Only BC is open after 10 pm
http://www.krispykreme.ca/find-a-store/
Also almost every time a KK thread comes up someone mentions KK gives free doughnuts all time and you just have to ask for one.
To be fair it used to be 9pm here, so maybe it still is in other areas?
Please check my feedback:
RFD
HWC
Heatware
Mar 14, 2016
24 posts
13 upvotes
I honestly am not much of a doughnut fan but I do really like KK. I like when you can watch them being made 0.0
I also like how when they're hot they kind of melt in your mouth.

Not much of a fan of Tim's, I find their baked goods too manufactured tasting and leaves a sugar film on my teeth.
Deal Addict
Oct 18, 2014
3069 posts
3030 upvotes
Oakville, ON
Krispy Kreme buy one original glazed get one original dozen free on April 28th only...better than Tim hortons and was able to buy assorted get assorted other years...
Oct 27, 2008
269 posts
60 upvotes
they just had a deal for 5 days too. i think we gotta cut down on this. diabetes.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 27, 2014
5482 posts
2508 upvotes
sirxterminator wrote: One answer to all your questions. Poor marketing and product diversity.

Obviously you know nothing about donuts. Tim Hortons....SUCKS. Their donuts are frozen and garbage. Country Style (not sure if frozen) offer better donuts. Stop being a dumb Tim Hortons fan boy.

Krispy Kreme offer the best donuts in the world. Sit back down.
Deal Addict
Dec 10, 2012
1108 posts
859 upvotes
Richmond Hill
I am not a fan of Tim Hortons, only they seem to be everywhere so its convenient to pick up something from them. IMO the best apple fritters I have had are the ones in Burtch Correctional Institution. :) Inmates know how to make them good. We all have different preferences. Glad to hear you prefer Krispies.
ar2020 wrote: Obviously you know nothing about donuts. Tim Hortons....SUCKS. Their donuts are frozen and garbage. Country Style (not sure if frozen) offer better donuts. Stop being a dumb Tim Hortons fan boy.

Krispy Kreme offer the best donuts in the world. Sit back down.
Nov 21, 2011
70 posts
59 upvotes
Hamilton, Ontario

I would prefer if they used Lard to cook these. I will try the walmart doughnuts but thought they just had boxes of Krispy Kreme ones?
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
27781 posts
13379 upvotes
LNahid2000 wrote: Not really. Tim Hortons' donuts are frozen, and walmart's probably are too. Krispy Kreme is the only place I can get a fresh from the fryer donut.
Yeah really...
How Tim's is popular is beyond me.
Walmart confuses me even more. Baked who knows how long ago and crammed into a package and shipped 5000 miles.
immortal_kssss wrote: Thanks ,but Are you sure about the Lard part ?Like you are sure about it (not heard it from a friend)?
I doubt they use lard. It has a very distinct smell and the shop doesn't really smell like it. Then again I haven't been inside in a while and they may have really good filtration.
That said, donuts cooked in lard are damn delicious. Everything cooked in lard is.
Deal Addict
Feb 24, 2007
3429 posts
1015 upvotes
Toronto
crazyea wrote: Alternately you can go in after 10pm and get a box of whichever you like for half off.
Really? Any location and any day?