12787 upvotes
Toronto
Christmas donuts have arrived

Deal Expert
Feb 9, 2012
21709 posts
9001 upvotes
Toronto
A doughnut with two pretzels on it. What will they think of next? Smiling Face With Sunglasses
If it ain't broke, don't fix it!
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2010
15196 posts
5016 upvotes
Here 'n There
Diabetes on a plate.
Deal Expert
Jul 23, 2007
17436 posts
12787 upvotes
Toronto
IIRC previous St. Patrick's was marked only by a green food coloured original glazed

Deal Addict
Oct 9, 2003
3948 posts
1380 upvotes
Vancouver
Ever since the COVID thing, the drive-through line in the Delta, BC location has been madness. At least a 1 hour wait with lines of cars snaking through the parking lot.
Deal Addict
May 10, 2008
2194 posts
2395 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
litebrite wrote: Ever since the COVID thing, the drive-through line in the Delta, BC location has been madness. At least a 1 hour wait with lines of cars snaking through the parking lot.
Thanks for the heads up....I guess they are now back to being as busy as when they first opened! Gonna cancel my plans to go out there to get some KK doughnuts... :'(
May 14, 2010
581 posts
102 upvotes
Mississauga
litebrite wrote: Ever since the COVID thing, the drive-through line in the Delta, BC location has been madness. At least a 1 hour wait with lines of cars snaking through the parking lot.
The one in Mississauga ON is usually a 2-3 hour wait now
Deal Fanatic
Apr 25, 2006
8454 posts
3628 upvotes
how busy is the mccaul location?
"If you make a mistake but then change your ways, it is like never having made a mistake at all" - Confucius
Deal Guru
Mar 22, 2005
12640 posts
6013 upvotes
dor79 wrote: The one in Mississauga ON is usually a 2-3 hour wait now
It's crazy - no way I'm waiting.

Krispy Kreme Canada has too few locations and for some reason doesn't sell in grocery stores like it used to. It's a shame because I used to pop in from time to time. Love the product.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2011
9926 posts
7090 upvotes
Mississauga
Krispy Kreme had a lot of stores and a lot of locations to by product when they first came to Canada almost 20 years ago. Then the market collapsed because consumers decided that carbs were evilbad. For the longest time, all that remained was the factory in Mississauga.

Now who's having the last laugh!
Deal Addict
Oct 9, 2003
3948 posts
1380 upvotes
Vancouver
Angel Girl wrote: Thanks for the heads up....I guess they are now back to being as busy as when they first opened! Gonna cancel my plans to go out there to get some KK doughnuts... :'(
I think everyone thought the same... nowhere really to go, just go for a drive to Delta and get some doughnuts... lol.

I'm actually not sure if there's a slightly more dead time to go. We were in the area-ish on a Tuesday evening around 8 (so, after dinner?) and the line was snaked all the way to 70 Ave. I had figured a dead time would be a weeknight evening.. guess not! Maybe the actual best bet would be a weekday early afternoon. I had gone on Easter Monday around noon and only waited 30 mins!
Deal Fanatic
Oct 27, 2009
5755 posts
7939 upvotes
Ontario
For some reason, a family member bought the current issue of the National Examiner. There's a recipe inside for a near Krispy Kreme doughnut by someone. Thought I'd share if you want to use your flour and yeast baking supplies to make doughnuts at home. The cover has Betty White spilling Golden Girls' cast secrets, if that helps you find it at the checkout racks.
Have new cookbooks but am not cooking anything new yet.
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2007
21266 posts
6254 upvotes
Poormond Hill
A life spent making mistakes is not only more memorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 10, 2003
8086 posts
3872 upvotes
Krispy Kreme is coming to Scarborough this summer with a factory store! This will be so much better than having to go to Mississauga for fresh donuts:

Deal Expert
Jul 23, 2007
17436 posts
12787 upvotes
Toronto
Just noticed the website updated with a couple of limited new varieties, Banana Pudding (A doughnut filled with banana pudding, dipped in light yellow icing, and topped with Kreme™ and three mini vanilla wafer cookies) and Mississippi Mud Pie (A doughnut filled with Chocolate Pie Kreme™, dipped in chocolate icing, topped with cookie and graham crumbles, and finished with a marshmallow drizzle)

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)