Fitness and Nutrition

La Fitness - is the online membership fee different from the one they tell you at the gym?

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 18th, 2019 1:04 pm
[OP]
Jul 31, 2018
14 posts
5 upvotes

La Fitness - is the online membership fee different from the one they tell you at the gym?

I just went to my local LA Fitness (Eglinton/Hurontario, Mississauga) for the four day trial. They said I could take that trial, or get a discount on the membership if I started right away (with 10 days cancellation).

They showed two options for original prices:
1. $199 initiation + $55 per month
2. $99 initiation + $65 per month

Their offer (if I started immediately) would be #1 with initiation fees waived and monthly fees lowered by $10, i.e. $0 initiation, $45 per month. (does this even include multi-club? I don't know)
Another $50/year for club maintenance fees. If you want to pause, you pay $10 for that month.
But I was pretty sure I'd read something else on the website. When I checked again later, on the website, it's $99 initation + $35/month (multiclub) or $30/month (single club) for that same club.

Can I switch to $30/mo now? Can I cancel my current subscription on the 10th day and switch to $30/mo?Does it also have yearly $50 club fees and $10/mo for paused months? If I quit, can I rejoin with a lower or zero initiation fee (I think not, otherwise why would they have fees when you pause)? Can I switch back and forth between multiclub and single club rates? For group/family rates, if one family member quits but one stays, then can the one who quit rejoin without paying the initiation fee? Are there lower fees for students? (For others nearby, any other cheaper clubs in this area?)

I'm sorry if this has been asked before. I wasn't able to find a similar thread. I hope somebody can answer.
1 reply
Feb 6, 2011
185 posts
35 upvotes
You are probably looking at US website?