LA Fitness Re-opening in Ontario
We have good news! Ontario has announced plans to allow health clubs in several regions to open on Friday, July 24th. In turn, our plan is to open the ten clubs we operate in those regions (see below) on that date at 6 am, assuming the province remains on track to allow this. Thank you for your patience, loyalty and support while waiting for this to happen! You have been missed and we are looking forward to welcoming you back in person.
The ten clubs we intend to open are:
- Aurora – Bayview Ave, 15650 Bayview Ave., Aurora
- Burlington – Brant St., 1326 Brant St., Burlington
- Burlington North – Appleby Line, 3011 Appleby Line, Burlington
- East Gwillimbury, 18367 Yonge Street, East Gwillimbury
- Markham – Woodbine Ave., 8555 Woodbine Ave., Markham
- Milton – Maple Ave., 1117 Maple Ave., Milton
- Niagara Falls – Canada, 6767 Morrison St., Niagara Falls
- Oshawa – Ritson Rd., 1189 Ritson Road North Unit 4A, Oshawa
- Vaughan, 9350 Bathurst Street, Vaughan
- Whitby Taunton Rd., 350 Taunton Road East, Whitby
The club hours for now will be:
- Monday – Friday 6am – 8pm
- Saturday & Sunday 8am – 5pm
While closed, we’ve been working on changes aimed at making our clubs the safest place you can work out. Please watch our video - it shows you some of the changes we have made to our processes at these clubs - and also make sure you are familiar with Ontario’s guidelines (Reopening Guidelines) Here are some changes you can expect for now:
- Face coverings will be required at all times, unless otherwise permitted by local rules. Please bring your own face coverings. We will be checking at the door.
- Physical distancing of at least 2 meters should be practiced at all times, even when wearing a face covering.
- For everyone’s safety, stay home if you have a fever or are symptomatic. Workers will be screened to be certain they are not experiencing symptoms such as fever and that they have not had close contact with an individual diagnosed with COVID-19.
- Building occupancy will be capped at 50 people at any given time (excluding staff) to allow for proper social distancing. so please limit your workout to one hour. We are keeping track of the capacity through our check-in/check-out system.
- We ask that everyone check in one by one and use contactless check-in. Our LA Fitness mobile app has a feature that allows for this and will also alert you if the club is at capacity and when there is space available for you to enter.
- We have closed off some equipment to comply with physical distancing requirements.
- We ask that you bring your own towel, mat and water. Use of water fountains will be restricted.
- The basketball court is open, but only for workouts (not for playing basketball).
- Some amenities may be closed, including the Kids Klub, squash courts, showers, spa and sauna/steam room. The pools will be open soon but usage limited to one person at a time in every other lane.
- Please consider arriving at the club dressed in workout attire, as locker availability may be limited. If you use a locker, please sanitize it when you are done.
- Participation in group exercise classes will be capped to ensure attendees can remain at least 2 meters apart, as required by provincial guidelines. Class times will be spaced to allow for additional cleaning in between classes. You may also be required to sign up at the front desk in advance to reserve your spot in the class. To help manage capacity, classes will be scheduled at non-peak times.
- All staff have been trained to participate in cleaning and disinfecting.
- All staff will be wearing masks and gloves (when necessary).
We also encourage you to help keep yourself and your fellow members safe by familiarizing yourself with, and following, current local and provincial guidelines. As such guidelines often stress, please do not visit the club if you are sick or experiencing COVID-19 symptoms, and consider postponing your use of the club if you are an at-risk individual.