• Last Updated:
  • Feb 28th, 2006 3:13 am
Tags:
None
[OP]
Jan 22, 2005
356 posts

La Reserve

I went to La reserve tonight for dinner ... It is on Leslie just south of highway 7 on the west side of Leslie ...

The atmosphere was very nice, it was very quiet tonight probably due to it being a monday evening ... Lots of wine to choose and drink but I had neither because I don't drink ... I went with my significant other tonight for dinner ...

We order as appetizers were Prosciutto di Parma e Schegge di Parmigiano con Miele Tartufato. It was 4 slices Prosciutto withe the cheese ... was kind of salty though but I never had it b4

As main course, I had the Risotto ai Funghi Porcini and my gf had the Tagliato di Manzo alla Griglia. I never had Risotto b4 but my impression was it wasn't cook because it wasn't soft ... maybe it was suppose to be this way ... The steak was big but didn't have much flavour ... the sauce tasted like lots of pepper in it ...

Overall I don't think I will be going back there ... I am not a very sophisticated eater so maybe I don't appreciate this type of food ... Overall I enjoy italian food but maybe this is the more high end type of italian food ...

Between the two of us, the bill was over a $100 ...

atmosphere 9/10
food 7/10
price $$$

RFD is My Life :D

NoteBoOk: ASUS z70va laptop: 2.0 Pentium M | 15.4" WSXGA | 1gb DDR2 RAM | 80gb 5400rpm HD | Atheros AR5006XS Wireless | A
2 replies
Deal Guru
Mar 17, 2004
11327 posts
8 upvotes
Mountain View, CA
Sting wrote: I never had Risotto b4 but my impression was it wasn't cook because it wasn't soft ... maybe it was suppose to be this way ...
Yeah. Risotto is supposed to be cooked to al dante

Glad that you seemed to have enjoyed the dinner, at least
[OP]
Jan 22, 2005
356 posts
NDman wrote:Yeah. Risotto is supposed to be cooked to al dante

Glad that you seemed to have enjoyed the dinner, at least
It was ok .. I went there mostly for my gf not for me ... I look for value when I go out thats why for the price I paid, I could have gone somewhere I'm comfortable and been to ... I know people will say that you only live once and try these places, but I'm just too cheap I guess to try it ...
RFD is My Life :D

NoteBoOk: ASUS z70va laptop: 2.0 Pentium M | 15.4" WSXGA | 1gb DDR2 RAM | 80gb 5400rpm HD | Atheros AR5006XS Wireless | A