Students

Lab partner who only contributes minimally or contributes but does poor work for projects

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 22nd, 2020 11:10 am
Nov 17, 2020
4 posts
3 upvotes

Lab partner who only contributes minimally or contributes but does poor work for projects

If you get an insincere partner who only contributes minimally or contributes but does poor work for all your labs and projects in a course can you request to work individually?
5 replies
Deal Addict
Feb 16, 2013
1569 posts
1329 upvotes
Toronto
This is life unfortunately.
Every industry, every endeavor you are going to find this.
You can certainly request a change in a school setting.

I don't see any repercussions in a school setting.
In industry, this can be more dicey.
Jul 15, 2012
313 posts
167 upvotes
Calgary
Reminds me of the saying "when I die, I want the people I did group projects with to lower me into my grave so they can let me down one last time". It's unfortunate but hey it's their choice and the best you can do is try to pick better lab partners or just work by yourself.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 12, 2008
6048 posts
1945 upvotes
GTA
When it happened to me I ended up doing all the work myself, it sucked but sometimes I got lucky and was in a group with nerds who knew a lot more than me so they ended up doing the work.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 31, 2007
5252 posts
1905 upvotes
Richmond Hill
1. Request a new partner.
2. If request denied, ask yourself whether having your partner will be useful. If they aren't useful, go at it alone. You're not getting help anyways, so why share the rewards with them?
"Buy now, think later. This is the way."
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2011
1071 posts
631 upvotes
Midland
I have had group projects and kicked people out if they had nothing or causing issues. Not my issue. Never had an issue with professors allowing me to work alone. You kinda have to mingle with other class mates though as well to mingle. Sometimes I switch my group members with other group members like it’s a draft.

Tough break straighty - usually my go to line once they are kicked out.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)