46 upvotes

SX1 Mini Desktop 3D Printer Kit

Deal Link:
Price:
$75.81
Retailer:
labists.com
Use code 3DPTSX1 to get 65% off

【Lightweight & Portable 3D Printer DIY PRO Kit】LABISTS mini 3D printer PRO with 120X120X115mm printing size, 1.75mm PLA filament and accuracy of 0.05mm offers smooth printing quality and convenient to carry and save space. Perfect DIY kit for beginners, kids, teens to DIY projects like toys, artworks, crafts or samples.
Images
  • SX1-3D-printer_2048x.jpg
115 replies
Deal Fanatic
Jul 14, 2018
5710 posts
15899 upvotes
Kitchener
Seems like good deal… tempting…
PC: i9 9900ks, RTX 3060 Ti 8gb, 64gb RAM
Phone: iPhone 8 64gb
Jul 14, 2004
255 posts
172 upvotes
Is this good for someone new to 3D printing who likes to tinker?
Feb 4, 2017
100 posts
154 upvotes
The price is good, but the design is really bad.

I don't see how it can give you good result all over the bed. The gallow design will give wobbly line the more you are away from the stud.
Mar 27, 2012
344 posts
314 upvotes
416 to the 905
very tempted to pull the trigger....damn you RFD!!!
***First Hour of my day starts with RFD and a Coffee....then I start my actual Work Day***
Sep 14, 2004
29 posts
120 upvotes
Bought 2 as gifts last time they went on sale in October.

First one printed apparently printed a boat and then the head stuck itself to the print board. Now sits in the basement

Second one wouldn't rise from the print bed, instead grinding into it constantly - Tech support wasn't very helpful apparently.

I was thinking of getting one myself if the gifts worked out, however it's a hard pass.
Deal Addict
May 14, 2005
2520 posts
1486 upvotes
Markham
There isn't another printer in this price range
If you really wanted to buy a printer for cheap, this is it.
However, I think you will grow out of this printer pretty quickly and want to upgrade. Not many people will buy this second hand.

My suggestion would be picking up an ender 3 pro
You would be paying double the price though
Feb 10, 2006
380 posts
291 upvotes
Goddot wrote: Bought 2 as gifts last time they went on sale in October.

First one printed apparently printed a boat and then the head stuck itself to the print board. Now sits in the basement

Second one wouldn't rise from the print bed, instead grinding into it constantly - Tech support wasn't very helpful apparently.

I was thinking of getting one myself if the gifts worked out, however it's a hard pass.
PASS !
Deal Fanatic
Nov 4, 2008
7080 posts
8480 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Mine has been pretty good to me. I'm glad I bought this instead of paying more for an Ender or Aquila, because I didn't end up printing all that much (Small prints maybe once or twice a month)
When given enough time, all threads on RFD can and will go off on a tangent.
Deal Fanatic
May 9, 2009
6411 posts
2498 upvotes
Montreal
aeba7 wrote: Mine has been pretty good to me. I'm glad I bought this instead of paying more for an Ender or Aquila, because I didn't end up printing all that much (Small prints maybe once or twice a month)
What type of things have you printed with it?
Deal Addict
Jul 22, 2014
2243 posts
746 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
This is a terrible printer for beginners as all it will do is leave a sour taste for 3d printing.
Jan 10, 2005
486 posts
202 upvotes
The price is very tempting, but keep in mind this should be considered a "taste" of 3D printing. But for 75$ if you are not sure if you will like or stick to 3D printing it is pretty good.

This is for the older model but I would expect the same quality as components are largely the same:

Labist X1 video review...
Deal Guru
Jul 8, 2009
11681 posts
5687 upvotes
Goddot wrote: Bought 2 as gifts last time they went on sale in October.

We purchased one also as a gift.They had alot of issues and it just sits. I own 3 printers more money though but i know what im doing and i thought wow such a terrible gift haha.
iddqd85 wrote: This is a terrible printer for beginners as all it will do is leave a sour taste for 3d printing.
Exactly.If your new to printing i would spend more and get something better so you enjoy getting into 3d printing.
ING Direct since the beginning! Tangerine to the end!
Public Mobile user! Fido User!
EQ BANK!! SIMPLii !! Tangerine!!
Buy first think later!
Deal Addict
Jul 22, 2014
2243 posts
746 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
blazed16 wrote: We purchased one also as a gift.They had alot of issues and it just sits. I own 3 printers more money though but i know what im doing and i thought wow such a terrible gift haha.

Exactly.If your new to printing i would spend more and get something better so you enjoy getting into 3d printing.
Yup. 3d printing is not a cheap hobby. I started off with an ender 3 pro and wouldn't even recommend that to a beginner in 2022. So many advancements in the last year, a cr6 se for example is well tuned printer that requires no upgrades, little tinkering and prints excellent right out of the box.
This labist won't print proper no matter what you do with it, it doesn't even have a heated bed.
Deal Addict
Sep 19, 2017
1404 posts
1287 upvotes
Moncton
iddqd85 wrote: This is a terrible printer for beginners as all it will do is leave a sour taste for 3d printing.
iddqd85 wrote: Yup. 3d printing is not a cheap hobby. I started off with an ender 3 pro and wouldn't even recommend that to a beginner in 2022. So many advancements in the last year, a cr6 se for example is well tuned printer that requires no upgrades, little tinkering and prints excellent right out of the box.
This labist won't print proper no matter what you do with it, it doesn't even have a heated bed.
Yeah, super small print bed paired with the lack of heated bed should put this squarely in the "avoid" column.

Grabbing one of these just to see if a person is interested in 3D printing would be akin to grabbing one of those stupidly low spec'd tablets and then complaining that it's unusable due to lag. This printer will not provide the kind of positive user experience needed to get somebody interested in 3D printing.
Koodo 8GB UL T&T @ $45 (ported in from Public Mobile)
Deal Addict
Jul 3, 2002
1261 posts
575 upvotes
YYC
I still haven't received my SX1 from Labists that I ordered on October 4th! But it is supposed to be on its way. They seem to run out quickly and then, like me, you will have to wait forever for it to be back in stock so order now if you want one.
Jul 24, 2014
83 posts
22 upvotes
Westmount, QC
75$ seems crazy cheap. Been looking to get a 3d printer but not sure which size to get...Im leaning towards the KINGROON KP3S 3.0 for a small printer or ender 3 s1 for something bigger.
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2004
2565 posts
1778 upvotes
Vancouveresque
I would really strongly recommend something with a heated bed..
Nobody cares which exploitative corporations you give your money to every month. Capitalism is a plague on this planet. Get that crap out of your signature.
Oct 15, 2009
659 posts
468 upvotes
Toronto
What would you guys recommend for a 13 year old with a short attention span and a $150-$200 budget? I was thinking of getting this cause I'm not sure if he'll stick with it but also he's less likely to stick with it if the product just sucks. Not in a huge rush to buy but would like to get something over the next few months

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)