Hot Deals

LABISTS

ET4 3D Printer, Auto Leveling 3D Printer DIY Kit $175.36 / $140 USD (50% off) + Free 4 Colour Filament (FS, No Tax)

  • Last Updated:
  • Sep 22nd, 2021 6:46 pm
[OP]
Member
Aug 2, 2015
311 posts
432 upvotes
Toronto

ET4 3D Printer, Auto Leveling 3D Printer DIY Kit $175.36 / $140 USD (50% off) + Free 4 Colour Filament (FS, No Tax)

Deal Link:
Price:
$175.36
Savings:
50% off
Retailer:
LABISTS
Get 50% Off code: ET450
Get Free PLA Filament 1.75mm Wide with purchase (worth $57)

Purchase two as below and bundle discount appears.
dd.png
gg.png
ET4-3D-Printer_1_2000x.jpg
27 replies
Newbie
Sep 18, 2007
73 posts
120 upvotes
Toronto
I have this, great deal if you load marlin on it.
Koodo $40/11GB (6GB + 5GB Bonus)
Member
User avatar
Mar 18, 2008
236 posts
167 upvotes
Toronto
I'd like to get into 3d printing. Is this a good "starter kit" for the price?
Member
User avatar
Mar 18, 2008
236 posts
167 upvotes
Toronto
Btw I'm getting $23.8usd tax added on top of $140usd on PayPal checkout screen. So total comes to 163.80usd for me..
Deal Expert
User avatar
Feb 11, 2007
17194 posts
19091 upvotes
Oakville
Good price, but like most entry level printers is has some issues. So expect to tinker/troubleshoot.

If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.
Member
User avatar
Nov 21, 2018
356 posts
486 upvotes
Mission, BC
engineered wrote: Good price, but like most entry level printers is has some issues. So expect to tinker/troubleshoot.

Within 3 prints mine had some plastic caught in the motor that pulls the filament in. I had to disassemble, but it definitely helped me figure the whole thing out!
Member
Jan 10, 2005
457 posts
172 upvotes
engineered wrote: Good price, but like most entry level printers is has some issues. So expect to tinker/troubleshoot.

Auto-bed levelling is great, but auto-bed levelling that drifts and is not stable can be worse than none at all. Not sure if it is widespread, but if it is, I'd pick something else. The add-on removable bed level sensor for the Anet version looks more reliable.
Sr. Member
User avatar
Dec 11, 2009
856 posts
376 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Probably better off with an Ender 3 V2 clone like that Voxel Aquila deal
Deal Addict
User avatar
Sep 19, 2017
1222 posts
1047 upvotes
Moncton
Doesn't look like it's got a heated bed? If that's the case, I'd strongly recommend passing.
Koodo 8GB UL T&T @ $45 (ported in from Public Mobile)
Member
User avatar
Nov 21, 2018
356 posts
486 upvotes
Mission, BC
sswilson wrote: Doesn't look like it's got a heated bed? If that's the case, I'd strongly recommend passing.
I've heard from people heated beds are a luxury that we don't need. What's your argument for them, just out of curiousity?
Deal Addict
User avatar
Sep 19, 2017
1222 posts
1047 upvotes
Moncton
BrendanC wrote: I've heard from people heated beds are a luxury that we don't need. What's your argument for them, just out of curiousity?
Heated beds greatly assist in adhesion. I personally can't imagine having to resort to other methods for model adhesion.
Koodo 8GB UL T&T @ $45 (ported in from Public Mobile)
Deal Addict
User avatar
Feb 10, 2007
1630 posts
1080 upvotes
Vancouver
BrendanC wrote: I've heard from people heated beds are a luxury that we don't need. What's your argument for them, just out of curiousity?
Less wasted material and time from failed prints
Lots of time and money saved from buying glues and tapes
The opportunity to print certain plastics that require a heated bed
Less warping
More beginner friendly

For the past 4-5 years, even the cheapest 3D printers have heated beds. I don't see why anyone would go out of your way to find a printer that didn't have one. If the user really hated using the heated bed for some reason, they could just turn it off.
Member
User avatar
Nov 21, 2018
356 posts
486 upvotes
Mission, BC
cgg123321 wrote: Less wasted material and time from failed prints
Lots of time and money saved from buying glues and tapes
The opportunity to print certain plastics that require a heated bed
Less warping
More beginner friendly

For the past 4-5 years, even the cheapest 3D printers have heated beds. I don't see why anyone would go out of your way to find a printer that didn't have one. If the user really hated using the heated bed for some reason, they could just turn it off.
Fair points - I've never had a problem with having to buy glues and tapes or warping, it just worked out of the box. But I also have only tried with PLA filament so maybe I haven't run into an issue with adhesion yet?!
Newbie
User avatar
Sep 27, 2020
32 posts
19 upvotes
Ontario
i got this one on last promotion they had (45% off) it broke the same day lol, the auto level thing is a joke, im waitng for replacement...
Member
Mar 5, 2012
265 posts
143 upvotes
Montréal
BrendanC wrote: I've heard from people heated beds are a luxury that we don't need. What's your argument for them, just out of curiousity?
FYI I got the voxellab Aquila (a creality 3 v2 clone) that was in the hotdeals a few times in August. When the hot bed is hot (60-65C in my settings) I just cannot take the print of the glass bed without applying a ridiculous amount of force. If I just let it cool down to room temp. it (usually) just comes off the bed with minimal effort. I never used glue, tape, nothing. And because I take off the glass bed before applying force to remove the print, I did not have to level the bed in 7prints/23hours.

YMMV, It's my first 3D printer, no frame of reference, I can't believe I did not buy one earlier, they are not perfect but they are still amazing and so much fun (as long as you are not in a rush).
Deal Addict
Jun 11, 2016
2156 posts
3214 upvotes
Just over 2.6k views and just 3 votes (+2/-1).
Yikes..
Member
Mar 5, 2012
265 posts
143 upvotes
Montréal
ysg103907 wrote: Get 50% Off code: ET450
Get Free PLA Filament 1.75mm Wide with purchase (worth $57)

Purchase two as below and bundle discount appears.
dd.png

gg.png

ET4-3D-Printer_1_2000x.jpg
The filament discount is bleh, 19.75 for 1kg is literally what I paid for Overture 1kg filament yesterday on Amazon. Also bought some other brands for $19 to $25 per kg tax in. I can not say about the printer though, money wise loooks like a good value if the printer is decent.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Sep 19, 2017
1222 posts
1047 upvotes
Moncton
KravenHead wrote: Just over 2.6k views and just 3 votes (+2/-1).
Yikes..
Which suggests that it's not a terrible deal for what it is, but that folks already involved in the hobby wouldn't be falling all over themselves to recommend this particular model.
Koodo 8GB UL T&T @ $45 (ported in from Public Mobile)
Newbie
Nov 17, 2011
1 posts
2 upvotes
Kitchener
I had this printer last year. And in my humble opinion it's garbage. It's a rebadged Anet et4 plus. The firmware is garbage and it comes with a capacitive sensor for auto bed level which on paper sounds good. However, their sensivitity changes based on temperature and humidity, which in turn messes up your first layer. The stock firmware does not allow you to babystep which means if you don't get your offset right you have to fail the print and start again. If your into modding you can put Marlin on it but you need to buy an st link to upload the firmware.

Customer service is alright- I ended up getting 3 free printers as their QA is bad. First one the board died in a month, second wouldn't turn on, third a stepper motor was shot.

But Sub 200 bucks you get what you pay for

Top