• Jun 11th, 2021 9:53 am
Tags:
[OP]
Jun 14, 2011
82 posts
19 upvotes
EAST YORK

Lagging issue when making video

Hi, My kid has the following old laptop but when he is making the Roblox video for YouTube, Roblox video is lagging. I don't know why video is lagging. Should I change/add anything in my laptop to increase memory or speed OR should I change the new laptop.

Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2520M CPU @2.50ghz
Installed RAM: 8 GB
System Type: 64 Bit processor, x64 based processor
Windows: Windows 10pro ver: 20H2
11 replies
Deal Guru
Feb 10, 2007
12371 posts
3526 upvotes
Your CPU is too slow

You need a new computer possibly need a dedicated graphics card to help with the performance
[self promotion rule violation, removed twice already][self promotion rule violation, removed twice already]Trolling or Threadcrapping Trolling - woooooooo 3k on a laptop woooooooo 3k on a laptop woooooooo 3k on a laptop woooooooo 3k on a laptop
[OP]
Jun 14, 2011
82 posts
19 upvotes
EAST YORK
sexyj wrote: Your CPU is too slow

You need a new computer possibly need a dedicated graphics card to help with the performance
Which laptop should I buy and what things needs to be checked and confirm that these things are in the laptop computer.
Mar 5, 2018
247 posts
104 upvotes
Is the laptop using a HDD or SSD? Note that a SSD makes huge difference for (old) PC/Laptop. I think an i5 is not that bad.
Deal Addict
Jan 13, 2014
2259 posts
1312 upvotes
Calgary
TomShopper wrote: Is the laptop using a HDD or SSD? Note that a SSD makes huge difference for (old) PC/Laptop. I think an i5 is not that bad.
SSD won’t help for encoding video if the CPU is pegged as would be the case for an old dual core CPU like the i5-2520M.
Deal Guru
Feb 10, 2007
12371 posts
3526 upvotes
What's the budget
shakilhyd wrote: Which laptop should I buy and what things needs to be checked and confirm that these things are in the laptop computer.
[self promotion rule violation, removed twice already][self promotion rule violation, removed twice already]Trolling or Threadcrapping Trolling - woooooooo 3k on a laptop woooooooo 3k on a laptop woooooooo 3k on a laptop woooooooo 3k on a laptop
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2003
2415 posts
987 upvotes
Toronto
I don't do video encoding but in this scenario wouldn't a desktop with a good video card be better than a laptop? Like the Nvidia 16xx or 20xx?
P10 2.4 THz CPU || 8 TB Ram || WD 300 TB HD || Nvidia w/ 32 TB Memory

"You're only as dumb as you look"
Deal Guru
Feb 10, 2007
12371 posts
3526 upvotes
That's a low budget for a computer with a dedicated gpu, based on that you should just get another computer and then a capture card.

Use the new computer for the game and then capture it on the old computer.

What's happening is your current computer is too slow and not capable of capturing and playing game at the same time.

You may be able to get away with the new computer that is fast enough to do the game and the capture... but big YMMV
shakilhyd wrote: $350-$450 (for Used or New)
[OP]
Jun 14, 2011
82 posts
19 upvotes
EAST YORK
sexyj wrote: That's a low budget for a computer with a dedicated gpu, based on that you should just get another computer and then a capture card.

Use the new computer for the game and then capture it on the old computer.

What's happening is your current computer is too slow and not capable of capturing and playing game at the same time.

You may be able to get away with the new computer that is fast enough to do the game and the capture... but big YMMV
I will increase by budget. Can you advise or provide me the link which is good, as per our needs.
[OP]
Jun 14, 2011
82 posts
19 upvotes
EAST YORK
What should be the specification to buy new i3 laptop and to resolve this lagging issue?
[OP]
Jun 14, 2011
82 posts
19 upvotes
EAST YORK
What should be the specification to buy new i3 laptop and to resolve this lagging issue? Please advise. Thanks