Hot Deals

Landmark Cinemas

Landmark Extras membership program - $9.99/month tier with free movie every month

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 29th, 2021 6:37 pm
[OP]
Sep 5, 2011
129 posts
378 upvotes
Toronto

Landmark Extras membership program - $9.99/month tier with free movie every month

Deal Link:
Retailer:
Landmark Cinemas
Landmark has responded to Cineplex's pending launch of CineClub with its own membership program: https://www.newswire.ca/news-releases/l ... 95887.html

Three tiers:
  • Movie Fan - free, earn points (similar to Scene)
  • Movie Insider - $20/year, one free movie per year + more points
  • Movie Club - $9.99/month, one free movie per month + discounts (similar to CineClub)

Posting in Hot Deals for now for visibility, but as with CineClub I'm dubious about the value for most people.
Last edited by OhHiThere on Aug 10th, 2021 12:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
94 replies
Sep 25, 2015
789 posts
1843 upvotes
Toronto, ON
RFD Hot deals forum is becoming a news feed rather than a place to find hot deals.
[OP]
Sep 5, 2011
129 posts
378 upvotes
Toronto
RedStrikeCa wrote: RFD Hot deals forum is becoming a news feed rather than a place to find hot deals.
I posted about CineClub originally in Entertainment, but it ended up being merged with a later thread in Hot Deals because that's where most people were discussing it. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I am good with whatever the mods decide.
Feb 24, 2009
790 posts
324 upvotes
I actually think this is a pretty good deal since where I'm at all we have is a newer landmark with the wicked recliner seats and $10 per month to watch a blockbuster every month is solid
Nov 17, 2019
808 posts
2001 upvotes
1-anh wrote: I actually think this is a pretty good deal since where I'm at all we have is a newer landmark with the wicked recliner seats and $10 per month to watch a blockbuster every month is solid
It really depends what kind of tickets they include. They don't specify, neither does cineplex, if it's good for ANY ticket or only for the "regular" screens - costs 8.50$ at landmark near me.

Edit : 8.50$ on Tuesdays only - didn't catch that.
Last edited by quantman on Aug 10th, 2021 12:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 6, 2002
6434 posts
6010 upvotes
Vancouver
Impressive how fast Landmark came up with this after the Cineplex announcement. They must feel the Cineplex plan is competitive.

Ron.
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2012
1602 posts
806 upvotes
Sask
What happens if you don't see a movie in a specific month? Does it rollover to the next month and allow me to see two movies?

Think I'll still just continue to buy landmark passes from Costco. Even pre covid there wasn't a movie released every month that I was interested in going to the theatre to watch.
Feb 24, 2009
790 posts
324 upvotes
quantman wrote: It really depends what kind of tickets they include. They don't specify, neither does cineplex, if it's good for ANY ticket or only for the "regular" screens - costs 8.50$ at landmark near me.
That's true too, didn't consider that but even for my local landmark its $15 for a general admission on a non Tuesday so $10 is a good price for me.
Jun 18, 2017
588 posts
386 upvotes
quantman wrote: It really depends what kind of tickets they include. They don't specify, neither does cineplex, if it's good for ANY ticket or only for the "regular" screens - costs 8.50$ at landmark near me.
Most likely regular and then you pay a upgrade charge for imax, ultra or 3D. Like those admit one passes
Nov 17, 2019
808 posts
2001 upvotes
1-anh wrote: That's true too, didn't consider that but even for my local landmark its $15 for a general admission on a non Tuesday so $10 is a good price for me.
I didn't realize that they still had the Tuesday deal going on. You are correct, it's like 13$ on other days so even restricted to regular tickets, should still be a decent deal.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 20, 2005
7120 posts
4849 upvotes
They're trolling Cineplex and I love it. And they have all their membership tiers public, instead of Cineplex still waiting for their "big reveal".
Deal Addict
Aug 25, 2007
1845 posts
761 upvotes
YYC
Hopefully one of these passes is good. I'll end up getting it especially during summer months where I might be at the theatres once a week.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 20, 2005
7120 posts
4849 upvotes
RedStrikeCa wrote: RFD Hot deals forum is becoming a news feed rather than a place to find hot deals.
Hot Deals has always been a news feed for the latest deals. If just one person reading this thread ended up saving money - it's done its job.
Deal Addict
Jul 22, 2014
1592 posts
5198 upvotes
Calgary, AB
Madchester wrote: Hot Deals has always been a news feed for the latest deals. If just one person reading this thread ended up saving money - it's done its job.
Not if they missed out on saving even more money on a "Hot" deal that got buried beneath a pile of mediocre deals.
Deal Addict
Nov 28, 2013
1357 posts
1030 upvotes
Orleans, ON
Gonna sign up and cancel Netflix to offset the cost. I seem to be using Prime more often lately anyways.
Deal Addict
Dec 18, 2007
3169 posts
2230 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Considering that Landmark cost $8-9 per ticket for Cheap Tuesday at my neighborhood theater and that I only care to watch blockbusters in the theater.

It's not even a deal let alone that it's 'hot'.
Vancouver Spotify Premium Family Plan Available! $43/year! 1 Spot Left! PM for details!
Deal Fanatic
Jul 4, 2005
7350 posts
1414 upvotes
Ottawa
Get the 10 pack instead it’s cheaper if you don’t care about concessions.