Hot Deals

Landmark Cinemas

Landmark Extras membership program - $9.99/month tier with free movie every month

Deal Guru
Jul 7, 2007
10488 posts
1833 upvotes
the issue is that most blockbuster comes out during summer.... you get Feb, March where you will be starved for movies..

also, 20 dollars a year for 1 single pass.... what is that about?
Jul 7, 2016
101 posts
224 upvotes
Peel
jeeva86 wrote: Get the 10 pack instead it’s cheaper if you don’t care about concessions.
If you're a fan of Landmark (I am), than this is your best bet. It also gives 20% off concessions!
Deal Fanatic
Jul 4, 2005
7353 posts
1414 upvotes
Ottawa
Tihor05 wrote: If you're a fan of Landmark (I am), than this is your best bet. It also gives 20% off concessions!
I think it’s 10% off. I love landmark too VIP seating for reg price. Need to convert it into a meme stock now.
May 11, 2013
123 posts
29 upvotes
Vancouver
Hope this works with the atom movie ticketing app.
Deal Addict
Aug 7, 2011
1663 posts
2079 upvotes
VANCOUVER
1-anh wrote: I actually think this is a pretty good deal since where I'm at all we have is a newer landmark with the wicked recliner seats and $10 per month to watch a blockbuster every month is solid
I don't know about that. The Lanmark in the vancouver area (New West) has $9 Tuesdays or just $14.50 for regular days. I guess if you actually want to watch movies every month and not go on a Tuesday this may be an ok deal. But to me, I would prefer the flexibility of choosing when to go and not be forced into a subscription service just to save $4.50. What if there are no good movies you want to watch one month? You either lose out on the month or are forced to watch something you may not care about just to save face. Plus who know what restrictions they will put on these tickets. Probably black out dates for new releases or popular films.
Deal Guru
Oct 30, 2006
14996 posts
4646 upvotes
goozy1 wrote: I don't know about that. The Lanmark in the vancouver area (New West) has $9 Tuesdays or just $14.50 for regular days. I guess if you actually want to watch movies every month and not go on a Tuesday this may be an ok deal. But to me, I would prefer the flexibility of choosing when to go and not be forced into a subscription service just to save $4.50. What if there are no good movies you want to watch one month? You either lose out on the month or are forced to watch something you may not care about just to save face. Plus who know what restrictions they will put on these tickets. Probably black out dates for new releases or popular films.
The flexibility of choosing which Tuesday to see a film?
TripleQ wrote:I read Click magazine for the articles!
Deal Fanatic
Dec 6, 2002
6460 posts
6065 upvotes
Vancouver
goozy1 wrote: I don't know about that. The Lanmark in the vancouver area (New West) has $9 Tuesdays or just $14.50 for regular days. I guess if you actually want to watch movies every month and not go on a Tuesday this may be an ok deal. But to me, I would prefer the flexibility of choosing when to go and not be forced into a subscription service just to save $4.50. What if there are no good movies you want to watch one month? You either lose out on the month or are forced to watch something you may not care about just to save face. Plus who know what restrictions they will put on these tickets. Probably black out dates for new releases or popular films.
The Cineplex plan mentioned it would have rollover on unwatched movies.. Landmark may have this also.

Ron.
Feb 24, 2009
791 posts
326 upvotes
newfbc wrote: The Cineplex plan mentioned it would have rollover on unwatched movies.. Landmark may have this also.

Ron.
Rollover would be wicked can stockpile all the unwatched vouchers for when big blockbusters come out.
Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2018
1667 posts
1115 upvotes
Lol so it's like you're forced to watch movie per month
Deal Addict
Dec 6, 2004
1758 posts
1675 upvotes
These are frankly the death rattle of the theatres that are left. There simply aren't enough 'big blockbuster' movies left, most stuff has shifted direct to streaming. Now with instant/dual release or in the base of what's coming the new '45 day window' before a 'blockbuster' goes on streaming. I do think it's too bad though, I liked going to theatres from time to time (as I"ve gotten older, less and less mind you) --- none the less, sad that 'theatres' in general will go the way of the 'drive in'.
Jun 13, 2018
31 posts
36 upvotes
LOL, another one of those “movie theatres are dead” and “this isn’t a good deal(to me)” thread. Why do you ppl even bother coming in to threads like this?
Leave this for ppl that are actually interested in the deals and spare us from all your personal issues.
We come to talk and find deals here, not here to talk about how movie theatres are going under, or how there aren’t enough movies for you to make it work.

Save that for your personal diary or for the dinner table when you are talkin with someone that might actually care.

For those of us that still like to go to the movies (and yes there are plenty of us), this is a pretty good deal, compared to the price of a movie ticket.

Just because streaming is here doesn’t mean that going out is dying. Guess what, you can make food at home, but I don’t see anyone stopping going to restaurants while I’m out. Or going to concerts, or sports events, or broadway, etc.

Give it a rest.
Jun 13, 2018
31 posts
36 upvotes
Just off the top of my head I can think of all the movies that are coming up that would be great to see in a theatre.

Free Guy
Venom 2
Shang Chi
Batman
Dune
James Bond
The New Sopranos Movie
Even the new Jackass movie could be fun in a theatre (the previous ones were a good time)
Ghostbusters
Top Gun
Spider-Man

And all these should be out before Xmas……
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2017
3256 posts
3675 upvotes
120 a year to watch the umpteenth superhero flick with the latest virtue signalling msgs, no thanks.
For Sale:
Deal Guru
Jan 25, 2007
10857 posts
6120 upvotes
Paris
Mrrfdxyz wrote: Lol so it's like you're forced to watch movie per month
In the before times when man was young and the elder gods roamed the earth, I enjoyed watching at least 1 movie a month.
Deal Addict
Jun 4, 2012
3204 posts
2663 upvotes
BC
Mrrfdxyz wrote: Lol so it's like you're forced to watch movie per month
Someone mentioned that the "free" movie can be rolled over to the following month if not used.

So not forcing you to watch a movie each month
Jun 13, 2018
31 posts
36 upvotes
muffin4life wrote: Someone mentioned that the "free" movie can be rolled over to the following month if not used.

So not forcing you to watch a movie each month
No one is forcing anyone to buy this deal either. I find it weird reading ppls complaints sometimes.
Deal Addict
Jun 4, 2012
3204 posts
2663 upvotes
BC
rokkzstar wrote: No one is forcing anyone to buy this deal either. I find it weird reading ppls complaints sometimes.
Yup.. what I don't get is ppl who click the link read the posts and make some stupid comments on how this isn't a deal and they don't go to see movies. Why even bother clicking on the deal in the first place?!?
Deal Addict
Jun 1, 2016
1452 posts
3615 upvotes
Is no one excited for the free tier? I love that they have a loyalty program now!
Apr 28, 2010
448 posts
543 upvotes
Terrace
Honestly if this qualifies for all formats, I'd go with landmark. All their seats are already "VIP" seats while you have to pay more at Cineplex. Maybe once or twice a year I'd go to Cineplex for IMAX.

I know Tuesday is cheaper (for non 3D) but this pass gives me more freedom. I can go whenever I want and there are less people going to theater on any other day.