• Last Updated:
  • Mar 17th, 2011 12:22 pm
[OP]
Sep 22, 2004
877 posts
9 upvotes
Ajax

Lang & O'Leary Exchange - CBC

This is probably a repost and if so, please delete or merge.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SEIls-iZtx0

I do like the discussion and the comparison to Long Distance and how it costs pennies per minute instead of dollars per minute it used to cost.
9 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 25, 2006
2008 posts
69 upvotes
Toronto
This show is so annoying. :facepalm:
Deal Addict
Apr 1, 2006
3370 posts
343 upvotes
Brisbane
O'Leary is such an entertainment personality. He's not what venture capitalists are, and quite frankly he gives them a bad name. No one would hire this guy who has any respect for the "No ******* Rule". He's just a prick with money, and there's already plenty out there.
Banned
Aug 12, 2010
4875 posts
149 upvotes
This is probably the worst to show to learn about business/economics.

They'll start off a meaningful discussion then 6 seconds later they take turns jabbing each other the way grade 2s do. At the end of the show, the viewer is left to wonder what insight/knowledge he has gained and hosts go home thinking they made a substantial difference in the world.
Banned
Feb 15, 2008
26318 posts
3220 upvotes
Calgary
It wasn't nice that Kevin O'Leary is a bully.

It doesn't help that Mr. Burger only tells half the truth when he speaks of bandwidth costing 'nothing'.

I don't think anyone watching that segment, based on the statements of either gentleman, would have the ability to, on that segment alone, come to an informed decision of who is 'right' here, whether it be Teksavvy or Bell.
TodayHello wrote: ...The Banks are smarter than you - they have floors full of people whose job it is to read Mark77 posts...
Deal Addict
Aug 6, 2004
2760 posts
434 upvotes
Mark77 wrote: It wasn't nice that Kevin O'Leary is a bully.

It doesn't help that Mr. Burger only tells half the truth when he speaks of bandwidth costing 'nothing'.

I don't think anyone watching that segment, based on the statements of either gentleman, would have the ability to, on that segment alone, come to an informed decision of who is 'right' here, whether it be Teksavvy or Bell.

ooohh oooh what about the bell dude, is he telling the whole truth? :razz:
Banned
Feb 15, 2008
26318 posts
3220 upvotes
Calgary
Aero wrote: ooohh oooh what about the bell dude, is he telling the whole truth? :razz:

He spins the conversation into an ad for Bell's service, and doesn't really address the meat of the issue....
TodayHello wrote: ...The Banks are smarter than you - they have floors full of people whose job it is to read Mark77 posts...
Deal Addict
Sep 5, 2003
2514 posts
116 upvotes
Mark77 wrote: He spins the conversation into an ad for Bell's service, and doesn't really address the meat of the issue....

Neither do you. You just care about the shares and throw out claims you still cannot back up with hard proof just like O'Leary. The pot calling the kettle black...
Deal Expert
Dec 4, 2010
19071 posts
2028 upvotes
Quarantine Bubble
These two are the bane of my Saturday nights when I'm trying to watch the Leafs on CBC.ca

They sure get their moneys worth spamming that same damn ad over and over and over... I see O'Leary and the word cockroach jumps out... then that Lang is all "blah blah blah" typical university educated wind bag who loves the sound of their own voice.
Deal Addict
Jan 20, 2009
3697 posts
117 upvotes
This was posted somewhere in the big UBB thread of stupidity, but good luck finding it...

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)