• Last Updated:
  • Dec 2nd, 2017 2:22 pm
Tags:
None
Banned
Apr 28, 2015
48 posts
3 upvotes
Calgary, AB
I got a smokin deal on my laptop on a one day sale at Memory Express a few years ago. So keep an eye there as well.
Sr. Member
Jul 15, 2003
690 posts
154 upvotes
max011 wrote: Got this one for $270 [and had extra 10% off for BF] and FS, 1 Yr warranty | Sold by refurb.io but cheaper than on their site:

HP 9470M FOLIO ULTRABOOK i5 3427u 1.8ghz 4GB Ram 128GB SSD Windows 10 Pro 1366x768, WIFI

This 3rd generation Folio Ultrabook is a surprisingly fast and versatile laptop. 4GB Ram and a fast 128GB Solid state drive for storage this laptop has the complete package for business or home use.

Super light at only 3.5lbs these machines are so thin they do not have DVD drives. Clean installation of Windows 10 Pro
Condition: A
CPU: i5-3427U 1.8GHz
Memory: 4GB
Hard Drive: 128GB SSD
Screen: 1366x768
Optical: No DVD drive
WiFi: Yes
Webcam: Yes


https://www.ebay.ca/itm/122202514292

What do you guys think? [needed for basic surf, word processing and such]
I've heard not-so-great reviews about Refurb.io. Hopefully, you got a good condition one!
Deal Guru
User avatar
Dec 7, 2009
13814 posts
1329 upvotes
Need a touchscreen i5 for $400ish. Any suggestions ?
In a perfect system, corporations would fear the government and the government would fear the people. - David Wong

Check out caRpetbomBer's picks in this thread.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Nov 25, 2003
4064 posts
5144 upvotes
Vancouver
djray wrote: I've heard not-so-great reviews about Refurb.io. Hopefully, you got a good condition one!
More concerned w/specs of laptop then Refurb.io... I've seen a few very, very good ones coming from them; also, they have a whole 1 year warranty, no concerns there...
"A fool and his money are soon parted" Thomas Tusser (1524-1580)
Deal Guru
User avatar
Dec 7, 2009
13814 posts
1329 upvotes
djray wrote: It's slightly over $400, but this is not a bad deal.

Dell Inspiron 8th-gen core i5, 8GB RAM, 1TB HDD w/ touchscreen (in-store only though):
microsoft-store-dell-inspiron-i5-8250u- ... e-2148656/
Thanks, gonna see if the store ships.
In a perfect system, corporations would fear the government and the government would fear the people. - David Wong

Check out caRpetbomBer's picks in this thread.
Jr. Member
Aug 23, 2014
181 posts
61 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Thought I should update - ordered this at the sale price of $339 (it's gone back up now). Very happy with it. Light, thin, pristine cosmetic condition, battery has reasonable life left in it (showing 3+ hours on full charge), 1600x900 screen - only down side is no webcam but that doesn't matter for what I need it for. Since all the Windows updates installed it has been running perfectly.
Jr. Member
Aug 23, 2014
181 posts
61 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
max011 wrote: More concerned w/specs of laptop then Refurb.io... I've seen a few very, very good ones coming from them; also, they have a whole 1 year warranty, no concerns there...
How was the laptop you received - cosmetically and function-wise??
Deal Addict
User avatar
Nov 25, 2003
4064 posts
5144 upvotes
Vancouver
kitscha wrote: How was the laptop you received - cosmetically and function-wise??
Function wise - turned it on and it booted... Smiling Face With Open Mouth [will see over weekend, was horribly busy last couple of days]

Cosmetically - as I've seen so far, probably like A- to B+

One little rubber leg is missing, two more are warped a bit [?!?!? - as if someone left it for a moment on hot stove ?!??!] Smiling Face With Open Mouth

There are signs of wear on some corners and edges; paint is worn off a bit. The biggest visible blemish is probably on the right mouse button [mouse pad] where protective plastic foil [?!] over the button is worn of and broken. [Too many 'back clicks' ???!?! Smiling Face With Open Mouth]

I hope I didn't miss anything major...

Overall, not too bad for the money, but I'll take a closer look in the next few days and report back.
"A fool and his money are soon parted" Thomas Tusser (1524-1580)
Jr. Member
Aug 23, 2014
181 posts
61 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
max011 wrote: Function wise - turned it on and it booted... Smiling Face With Open Mouth [will see over weekend, was horribly busy last couple of days]

Cosmetically - as I've seen so far, probably like A- to B+

One little rubber leg is missing, two more are warped a bit [?!?!? - as if someone left it for a moment on hot stove ?!??!] Smiling Face With Open Mouth

There are signs of wear on some corners and edges; paint is worn off a bit. The biggest visible blemish is probably on the right mouse button [mouse pad] where protective plastic foil [?!] over the button is worn of and broken. [Too many 'back clicks' ???!?! Smiling Face With Open Mouth]

I hope I didn't miss anything major...

Overall, not too bad for the money, but I'll take a closer look in the next few days and report back.
Thanks for taking the time to update. I've been debating ordering from them, helps to have real life feedback.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jan 23, 2015
1027 posts
485 upvotes
Woodbridge, ON
I'm debating if I should buy from them. I found what I thought was a half decent deal for a 15.6" laptop until they shot up the price another $40 yesterday WTF!
Jr. Member
Aug 23, 2014
181 posts
61 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Bianco13 wrote: I'm debating if I should buy from them. I found what I thought was a half decent deal for a 15.6" laptop until they shot up the price another $40 yesterday WTF!
Their stock levels are weird too... Some computers look to have multiple units available, then they'll disappear... Plus the ebay stock is different from the website stock, and with the latter you have to bypass a ton of sold out listings to find ones that are available.

Top

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)