• Last Updated:
  • May 31st, 2021 6:05 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 19, 2015
4010 posts
24509 upvotes

[No Frills] Large 30pk Eggs $4.97 and other items on sale (ONT) May 27-June 2

Starting on May 27 to June 2 in Ontario. (Flyer may differ in your area)

Large 30pk eggs $4.97
Fresh whole chicken $1.97lb
Cheez It crackers $1.67 (use $1.00 off coupon found here, https://kelloggs.websaver.ca/en/kellogg ... ve/coupons)
Whole Seedless Watermelon $2.47 for PCO Members ($2.87 for Non Members)
Coca Cola or Pepsi 2L $0.97
Ruffles potato chips or Smartfood popcorn $1.97 (use $0.50 off coupon found here, https://www.tastyrewards.com/en-ca/coupons)

Also, Free giveaway to the first 100 customers each day from May 27 - Sunday May 30. Visit https://www.nofrills.ca/print-flyer for details.
Last edited by hill15 on May 25th, 2021 1:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
18 replies
Deal Fanatic
Feb 15, 2006
8929 posts
3449 upvotes
Toronto
This week (till May 26) Food Basic had large eggs $1.97/dz, limit 3.
(Also has broccoli crowns 98c/ea, and jumbo cherries $2.98/lb.)
Deal Addict
Apr 18, 2004
1022 posts
427 upvotes
Start May 27 to Jun 2, no limit in Ontario flyer
Never again! HTC , Wind Mobile , Air China
Mar 11, 2012
30 posts
27 upvotes
Pickering
What's the tag line to this sale..!
Oh my we've laid too many chicks !
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 19, 2015
4010 posts
24509 upvotes
Free giveaway to the first 100 customers each day from May 27 - Sunday May 30, a 5lb bag of potatoes.
Aug 9, 2020
251 posts
133 upvotes
hill15 wrote: Free giveaway to the first 100 customers each day from May 27 - Sunday May 30, a 5lb bag of potatoes.
got them taters $2.49 value
Aug 13, 2020
44 posts
80 upvotes
Chi-tel wrote: Start May 27 to Jun 2, no limit in Ontario flyer
Went today in Brampton, had a 2 limit :(
Deal Addict
Oct 27, 2006
1621 posts
588 upvotes
Toronto
Arrgh wrote: This week (till May 26) Food Basic had large eggs $1.97/dz, limit 3.
(Also has broccoli crowns 98c/ea, and jumbo cherries $2.98/lb.)
The limit says in the flyer BUT cashier, its YMMV. I bought 4 that day when I asked the cashier if there's a limit. She said, as far as she knows, no.
Feb 27, 2003
651 posts
380 upvotes
Langley
DealsHunterCo wrote: stock up on eggs time!
How do you keep them for an extended period? I know I can freeze egg whites, can you do the same to whole eggs? (or do they need to be separated and frozen?)

went and googled:) ,so this is from https://thegrownetwork.com/preserve-fresh-eggs/

"Eggs can be frozen in many different containers, such as freezer bags, mason jars, plastic containers, and ice cube trays. These frozen eggcicles perform much like the fresh version when thawed and used. To freeze, simply break the eggs into a bowl, beat or push through a strainer to combine the yolks and whites, and then pour them into your container and freeze. To save space, I pour the eggs into an ice cube tray and, once frozen, remove them from the tray and place in a freezer bag.

As a guide, remember that:

1 “egg cube” = approximately 1 egg
3 Tbsp. frozen egg, thawed = 1 whole fresh egg
2 Tbsp. frozen egg white, thawed = 1 fresh egg white
1 Tbsp. frozen yolk, thawed = 1 fresh egg yolk

The beauty of freezing eggs in smaller amounts, such as in an ice cube tray, is that they thaw quickly and allow one to throw together a really quick meal. Between quiches, frittatas, and even “breakfast for dinner,” we are never at a loss for great egg-based meals at my house!"
Xphile. (as in 'X-files aficionado'..so yeah, I guess I am old..)

Land Back.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 19, 2017
5595 posts
3131 upvotes
DealsHunterCo wrote: stock up on eggs time!
I have been getting personal offers of $1.79 per doz eggs at SDM every week for the last few weeks after got them for $1.29 when it first started a few months ago.
Deal Addict
Oct 27, 2006
1621 posts
588 upvotes
Toronto
ml88888888 wrote: I have been getting personal offers of $1.79 per doz eggs at SDM every week for the last few weeks after got them for $1.29 when it first started a few months ago.
my SDM deals comes and goes with eggs. I would have 3 weeks straight and then nothing for a good month.
I'd rather just bulk buy 4-5 trays at once instead of waiting for the weekly deals. Also rather not go to SDM just for the sake of eggs and that's all - waste of my time and gas
Deal Addict
May 25, 2011
3025 posts
4522 upvotes
SAINT JOHN
I've never purchased a 30pack of eggs before. Are they sealed/wrapped up or can you check for cracked eggs? I normally prefer 1 dozen as they are quick and easy to run your fingers over the top of the eggs for a quick wiggle to see if they are free moving, stuck indicating a cracked/leaking egg, or see any cracks by lifting the eggs up.
...Location: GTA North
If this post has helped you please click the 'THANKS' button.
GTA Grocery Highlights (updated weekly) thread
[WTB] Looking for a Netbook for $150 or under (~$100)
Deal Addict
Dec 1, 2012
1605 posts
1211 upvotes
Lake Simcoe
thedealhunter2000 wrote: I've never purchased a 30pack of eggs before. Are they sealed/wrapped up or can you check for cracked eggs? I normally prefer 1 dozen as they are quick and easy to run your fingers over the top of the eggs for a quick wiggle to see if they are free moving, stuck indicating a cracked/leaking egg, or see any cracks by lifting the eggs up.
Images
  • Screenshot_20210531-073001.png
Nov 23, 2020
54 posts
87 upvotes
GTA
thedealhunter2000 wrote: I've never purchased a 30pack of eggs before. Are they sealed/wrapped up or can you check for cracked eggs? I normally prefer 1 dozen as they are quick and easy to run your fingers over the top of the eggs for a quick wiggle to see if they are free moving, stuck indicating a cracked/leaking egg, or see any cracks by lifting the eggs up.
They have a plastic shrink wrap around the package, I typically tilt the package on its side to see if there's any yolk or egg white but it is tough to tell if the eggs are damaged (for what its worth, I've been buying these for 2 years now and I've never had a single broken egg)
Sep 13, 2008
30 posts
73 upvotes
Wow this is a great deal! I was at Freshco and Loblaws yesterday and noticed that the regular dozen I get has gone up in price. Its like 3,49$ now at least in Toronto. I guess I have to get my egg back on with this bigger purchase...
Apr 3, 2007
760 posts
332 upvotes
Toronto
The 30 pack eggs lasts about a week in our house. I don't know how anyone with a family eats only a dozen eggs a week. In any case, this 4.97 price is a blast from the past! Even Costco's price is in the 6 dollar range now compared to about 3 years ago. Costco in relative terms has always had the cheapest price for 30 pack eggs

Great price and we have already bought another pack to supplement the next week.
Deal Addict
May 25, 2011
3025 posts
4522 upvotes
SAINT JOHN
Seoulkid wrote: The 30 pack eggs lasts about a week in our house. I don't know how anyone with a family eats only a dozen eggs a week. In any case, this 4.97 price is a blast from the past! Even Costco's price is in the 6 dollar range now compared to about 3 years ago. Costco in relative terms has always had the cheapest price for 30 pack eggs

Great price and we have already bought another pack to supplement the next week.
https://www.today.com/health/it-ok-eat- ... day-t72841

Seems an egg a day is ok.

Screenshot 2021-05-31 165504.jpg
...Location: GTA North
If this post has helped you please click the 'THANKS' button.
GTA Grocery Highlights (updated weekly) thread
[WTB] Looking for a Netbook for $150 or under (~$100)