Hot Deals

Larry the Liquidator Boxing Day

50% Off the Price Sticker on Everything at Larry the Liquidator (Toronto/Innisifil/Bradford)

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 11th, 2022 12:06 am
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Mar 10, 2004
6651 posts
3378 upvotes

[Boxing Day] 50% Off the Price Sticker on Everything at Larry the Liquidator (Toronto/Innisifil/Bradford)

Deal Link:
Savings:
50%
Expiry:
January 31, 2022
Retailer:
Larry the Liquidator
Larry the Liquidator has 50% off the lowest sticker price on everything in the store or 20% off on-line purchases with free ship to store.
Screen Shot 12-27-21 at 09.29 AM.PNG

Staffer told me the "Boxing Day Sale" will run to the end of January.

NB Taxes are charged on the full amount of taxable items - then the pre-tax price is reduced by 50% at checkout.

Lots of odds and ends some examples below:

Short dated and just past Best Before Date food items dirt cheap.
Some examples: Boyd's French Vanilla K-Cup Coffee case of 80 for $5, Tim Horton's Caramel Hot Chocolate K-Cups, Keens Hot Mustard 25 cents a jar, pinwheel dried pasta 30 lb case $5, Carr's Water Crackers (2 varieties) 25 cents a pkg. Betty Crocker vanilla cupcake mix (includes icing) 13 cents a package, French's Buffalo Ketchup 750 ml - Just to name a few items.

28" Michelin Wiper Blades $2.88

Sani Wipes - 80 pk (expires mid 2022) 50 cents pk
Brand not known dishwasher pods (looks like possibly Sunlight) pkg of 25 $1.50 (they were repackaged in sealed clear plastic tubs with lids) - I tried one last night - it did a decent job.

Lots of dollar store type items (many Walmart house branded stuff e.g. plastic kitchen utensils, towels).

The Source (Nextech brand) and other oddball brands of low end electronics and computer accessories and cables incl USB-C, cases and screen protectors for older iPhones (6/7)

Mfr refurb Cuisinart coffee makers

Betty Crocker hot air corn poppers for $10

No name and knock off perfumes, colognes.

Waterpik shower heads
Last edited by plymouthhater on Dec 27th, 2021 5:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
10 replies
Deal Fanatic
Sep 23, 2009
5238 posts
2584 upvotes
Do you also get 10% cash discount?

(I think it was 10%, please correct if that is wrong.)

I saw the email saying until the end of January ... but I thought that it was wrong ... thanks for letting us know that staff indicated that it is until the end of January.
Nov 27, 2021
2 posts
13 upvotes
Tim Horton Caramel Hot Chocolate - 10pk k-cup. $3 sticker. So $1.50 (.15/pod)
Images
  • upload.jpg
Dec 1, 2007
461 posts
137 upvotes
So there was a vacuum at this store for $499.99 that was 50% off - is it normal to charge the full tax on the $499.99 price as opposed to the sold price of $249.99? I’ve never seen this before or maybe it’s because l don’t know how these liquidator stores work?
Jul 18, 2019
927 posts
2266 upvotes
North York ON
turkishdelyte wrote: So there was a vacuum at this store for $499.99 that was 50% off - is it normal to charge the full tax on the $499.99 price as opposed to the sold price of $249.99? I’ve never seen this before or maybe it’s because l don’t know how these liquidator stores work?
It's dishonest. Their online system, which is controlled by Shopify, does not do this.
Dec 1, 2007
461 posts
137 upvotes
I noticed the inflated taxes and asked and their response was “I don’t know, it’s automatically calculated in the register”…nope. It just seems wrong to charge the full taxes on something I paid half the cost for.
Deal Guru
Jun 18, 2012
10236 posts
4867 upvotes
Toronto
The 50%-off promo is still on in-store? EDIT: Nvm, I see OP said until end of Jan
turkishdelyte wrote: I noticed the inflated taxes and asked and their response was “I don’t know, it’s automatically calculated in the register”…nope. It just seems wrong to charge the full taxes on something I paid half the cost for.
Definitely would ask them about it
Last edited by ManCaveGamer on Jan 6th, 2022 7:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Dec 1, 2007
461 posts
137 upvotes
ManCaveGamer wrote: The 50%-off promo is still on in-store?

It sure is, until the end of this month - be warned you’re paying tax on the pre-discount amount.

Definitely would ask them about it
Already did, they said that is how their system calculates the tax. Needless to say I thought it was sketchy and didn’t make the purchase.
Dec 3, 2009
305 posts
148 upvotes
Simcoe County
Keith1411 wrote: It's dishonest. Their online system, which is controlled by Shopify, does not do this.
I'd go further and say if they are charging tax on the regular price, when the sale amount is half that it's not just dishonest, it's illegal. CRA tip line might be interested. Who's pocketing that extra amount collected under the guise of a government tax.

Just saying.
Deal Guru
Jun 18, 2012
10236 posts
4867 upvotes
Toronto
Went today, barely got charged any tax. probably cuz I was mostly buying food items

Lots of good deals to be had! not much new selection though, but definitely check it out at least once
Jan 4, 2019
690 posts
422 upvotes
darwoodcanada wrote: I'd go further and say if they are charging tax on the regular price, when the sale amount is half that it's not just dishonest, it's illegal. CRA tip line might be interested. Who's pocketing that extra amount collected under the guise of a government tax.

Just saying.
Probably Larry