Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Larry The Liquidator

Ryzen 3 2200G Retail Box $84.99

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 27th, 2020 2:16 pm
Deal Addict
Mar 30, 2010
3083 posts
1445 upvotes
GTA
redflagdealsguy wrote: Nice effort, but his real life persona is definitely the 'other Ron' from Parks and it kills the illusion.

FYI folks, this CPU is as powerful as the i7 3rd Gen Desktop CPU, which is powerful enough for many day to day tasks.
But with much better graphics, so the overall experience will be significantly better
Oct 16, 2017
397 posts
1218 upvotes
can we use any AM4 motherboard for this cpu? I heard ryzens are somewhat selective on motherboards.
Sep 8, 2014
613 posts
2020 upvotes
I recently built a 3200G (not far from this chip performance-wise) and it has exceeded my expectations. CSGO 1080p mediumish settings and I get well over 100fps average on onboard graphics! 4k60fps Youtube and x265 without breaking a sweat.
If you buy one of these Ryzen APUs, make sure you max out the RAM speed to match the processor's limits. My 3200G stated it was compatible with 3200mhz ram so I bought 16gb with XMP profile. There's a bios setting to enable XMP and the RAM was auto set to its advertised speeds. RAM speed directly affects GPU performance.
I did get my 3200G for $121, if I could have found a 2200G at the time for $85, I would have jumped on that.
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2003
3733 posts
2064 upvotes
frugal69 wrote: Motherboards are too expensive now, so not worth it for cheap build. Ryzen 4000 APUs coming, will be faster than gt 1030 ...

https://www.tomshardware.com/news/amd-r ... erformance
+1. Awful time for anyone buying a motherboard. There's market-wide price gouging these days in the name of "Covid shortages" (BS). The USB controllers on my ASRock B450 Pro 4 have started to flake out so I'll have to consider the board basically dead. Just went looking for a replacement but no way I'm paying double the normal pricing for B450/470 and 550/570 were released already overpriced. I'll probably just go back to an old i5 3570k for now as there's no way I'm going to be gouged like this.
Deal Expert
Mar 25, 2003
17147 posts
5655 upvotes
Markham
txenglan wrote: +1. Awful time for anyone buying a motherboard. There's market-wide price gouging these days in the name of "Covid shortages" (BS). The USB controllers on my ASRock B450 Pro 4 have started to flake out so I'll have to consider the board basically dead. Just went looking for a replacement but no way I'm paying double the normal pricing for B450/470 and 550/570 were released already overpriced. I'll probably just go back to an old i5 3570k for now as there's no way I'm going to be gouged like this.
No Warranty on the board? should be 3 years for AsRock
48TB Node 304 / i5-3570 / Server 2016 Essentials
12TB HP Mediasmart EX 495 (E8400, 3.0GHZ, 4GB Mushkin), with Server 2016 Essentials
16TB Qnap TS-459 Pro
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2003
3733 posts
2064 upvotes
Keigotw wrote:
No Warranty on the board? should be 3 years for AsRock
The warranty with their products is another bone of contention I have with them. Their website says 1 Yr (which is what I expected anyway) but there are contradictory statements made by some resellers (like Newegg) suggesting exactly what you said - 3 years.

https://www.reddit.com/r/buildapc/comme ... =post_body

The board is about 1.5 years old at this point so I could even pursue extended warranty via credit card but I don't think the process will be worth my sanity. Despite how well ASRock tend to be reviewed/regarded, this board has been nothing but trouble for me since day 1. I should have sent it back in the first week but thought I could overcome all the "quirks" and annoyances it threw at me.
Nov 12, 2010
53 posts
59 upvotes
bridonca wrote: The low end is so hard to buy a new cpu. Look at the competition. More or less the same passmark, a motherboard, and 16GB of ram, for $110. It is used parts, and you have to get it on the other end

of the world, but the price! https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4001254573358.html
If you're going to go that route, by an X99 DDR4 kit, as you'll have an unlimited upgrade roadmap as future Xeon servers are upgraded. With an entry level Ryzen kit, you can buy a Ryzen 9 on the used market in a few years, and the rest if your system will be mostly up to date.
Deal Addict
Nov 23, 2008
4018 posts
2518 upvotes
Halifax
assclown123 wrote: If you're going to go that route, by an X99 DDR4 kit, as you'll have an unlimited upgrade roadmap as future Xeon servers are upgraded. With an entry level Ryzen kit, you can buy a Ryzen 9 on the used market in a few years, and the rest if your system will be mostly up to date.
I was looking at x99, but server DDR3 is stupid cheap! If I do decide to upgrade, I usually replace everything, so I do not have to deal with unexpected compatibility problems. The x79 chips are fast enough and cheap enough for what I want to do, and I like lots of cheap ram!

I am certainly not against AM4 upgrades, I just do not think they are particularly cost effective, but everyone has their own needs, and their best solution is not someone else's best solution.

It is unbelievable the options you have when it comes to the user server parts market. I would not be confident in getting these parts thinking of future upgrade options. They already have enough jank as it is.
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2003
3733 posts
2064 upvotes
bridonca wrote: I was looking at x99, but server DDR3 is stupid cheap! If I do decide to upgrade, I usually replace everything, so I do not have to deal with unexpected compatibility problems. The x79 chips are fast enough and cheap enough for what I want to do, and I like lots of cheap ram!

I am certainly not against AM4 upgrades, I just do not think they are particularly cost effective, but everyone has their own needs, and their best solution is not someone else's best solution.

It is unbelievable the options you have when it comes to the user server parts market. I would not be confident in getting these parts thinking of future upgrade options. They already have enough jank as it is.
E5-26xx V2 is awesome if you have the right use case. I also prefer tons of DDR3 RAM and I have already built servers using this platform as opposed to going the Threadripper or R7R9 route as the cost/performance is far superior. Hadn't thought of don't t this for gaming but with the Ryzen pricing having been bad since Covid came along, maybe I'll just do this as well. Even a lowly 2620 would be fine for gaming....

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)