9961 posts
4686 upvotes
Toronto

Larry The Liquidator Surprise Box (Free In-Store Pickup) - $19.99

Deal Link:
Price:
https://www.larrytheliquidator.ca/produ ... rprise-box

Larry The Liquidator Surprise Box

Never know what you'll get... "Retail price ranges $100+" probably Amazon returns

I picked one up before, had an open box $100 Conair professional hair curler in mine, definitely was worth it

Free In-Store Pickup, closest location for me was Vic park scarborough. Larry's is great, if anyone remembers that Sous Vide thread

also 25 cent mayochup. says expired already in april, but if left in the cold they last for another year or two
https://www.larrytheliquidator.ca/produ ... auce-560ml

locations:
https://www.larrytheliquidator.ca/pages/locations

https://www.facebook.com/LTLiquidator
33 replies
Nov 29, 2013
415 posts
561 upvotes
TORONTO
Get your flame retardant suit on OP...
Nov 23, 2020
54 posts
87 upvotes
GTA
I love bargains as much as anyone but you RFDer's take it to the next level, expired condiments Face With Tears Of JoyFace With Tears Of Joy

Gotta love the dedication!
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jun 18, 2012
9961 posts
4686 upvotes
Toronto
Well I ordered one. I'll report back this weekend what I got if it arrives by then
Deal Addict
Feb 27, 2011
1051 posts
175 upvotes
Toronto
So is this a single-person business in GTA basically reselling customer returns from Amazon, Walmart, Best Buy, and other businesses?
Jan 18, 2019
80 posts
116 upvotes
Toronto
GUYS DO NOT BUY THESE!!!

Me and the s/o have bought them for the last 2 rounds. Half the stuff they give you is things they already sell at Larry's. The past 2 times they advertised them as 'Amazon' surprise bags. 2x we got items that were the same thing (Bed and bath Hand soap, and incense sticks). We then made an uproar because they advertised as 'amazon refunds and returns', but these were items they were liquidating and sold under false advertisement.

NOW they changed the description to include their products, but deleted all the bad reviews from the old listing because everyone posted their items and everyone had the same stuff!!

Now that being said we did get things that were beyond what we payed for. We spent $140 in total ($40 the first time, $100 the second- they were $10 each at the time) and got items worth $500-$600 in total.

We got items like Hand Soap, Argen Oil, Vinyl Records, Security Webcam, Diablo art book, scarfs, atlanta falcons touque, 3x Hair curlers (These were around $60-80 each), body lotion, 4x Incense sticks, extension cords, rosetta stone 1 year subscription, some romanian language dvd, star wars battlefront 2 PC, and some other stuff.
Deal Addict
Jul 8, 2007
1633 posts
1651 upvotes
If anyone wants to send me money, I can send you random things from amazon that i don't use anymore. Let me know!
Aug 12, 2010
962 posts
775 upvotes
Hmm is this accurate of the shopping experience?
Zoomer $36 Plan Loyal
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jun 18, 2012
9961 posts
4686 upvotes
Toronto
dtvibe wrote: [...]

Now that being said we did get things that were beyond what we payed for. We spent $140 in total ($40 the first time, $100 the second- they were $10 each at the time) and got items worth $500-$600 in total.

[...]
well you spent $140 bought 14 boxes but got $500-$600 in items... still coming out winning, no?

I do remember when they did say on Facebook and the product page that they were only Amazon returns though so thats a little scummy
Last edited by ManCaveGamer on May 20th, 2021 6:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jul 4, 2018
59 posts
96 upvotes
I don't know if he is supporting it or against it.
ManCaveGamer wrote: well you spent $140 bought 14 boxes but got $500-$600 in items... still coming out winning, no?
Jul 18, 2019
582 posts
1255 upvotes
North York ON
ManCaveGamer wrote: well you spent $140 bought 14 boxes but got $500-$600 in items... still coming out winning, no?
They sunk $140 on an obvious liquidation trick. They ain't winning lol.

The merchant is up $140 and sold some merchandise that nobody else would have bought. OP spent $140 on supposedly $500 of things that they probably weren't looking for anyway.

And OP wouldn't have been able to offload whatever is in those boxes. At least not without some serious hassle and wasted time on Facebook marketplace. You're getting what a professional liquidator couldn't get rid of.
Last edited by Keith1411 on May 20th, 2021 6:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Aug 26, 2002
1506 posts
129 upvotes
Toronto
There's a world of difference between "worth" and "MSRP"

If you wouldn't spend $80 on a used hairdryer than it's probably not "worth" $600
Oct 18, 2020
10 posts
10 upvotes
Gambling for more or "loot Boxes"/kinder Eggs; people like surprises.
Deal Addict
Jan 2, 2012
3836 posts
2862 upvotes
KINGSTON,ON
This is like "Storage Wars", only you don't get to bid on the item. It's reality TV show level silliness playing out in real time. Every single $20 package sold could be absolute shit, and there's no way to know that everyone got suckered.

To do this for a charity fundraiser is one thing (I have participated in such events), with the purpose being to raise money for the charity. You never expect to get something useful or valuable, and if you do, well, it's a nice surprise. It's entirely another thing to gamble $20 on something sight unseen from a for profit "retailer".
Remember, the House always wins, and P.T. Barnum was right.
May 11, 2005
489 posts
370 upvotes
Brampton
caxt3378 wrote: I don't know if he is supporting it or against it.
From what I read he got a bunch of random junk which may or may not be useful. Rather save up for decent items one needs and not get into this garbage scheme. I am surprised they can sell expired food item, is there no law against this in Canada?