Las Vegas

What is the most affordable month to go to Las Vegas from Toronto
13 replies
Banned
Apr 5, 2013
5810 posts
2968 upvotes
keenland
nzeeshop wrote: What is the most affordable month to go to Las Vegas from Toronto
classically its probably December...but its all about supply and demand.
there is a website that checks booked conventions and expected visitors. that is directly a bearing on supply and demand.
this December...Dec 1-12..town was virtually sold out.. the national rodeo was in town...dec 14 and on...rooms were less than $50 a night at a lot of places,
Feb 2020....bro was offered 7 nights @ Ballys airfare taxes in $600 pp ...week later $1200 pp week after $1500 pp
Jan 14, 2008
108 posts
22 upvotes
Toronto
Go to any big hotel on the strip's website and check their room rate calendar. From that you can tell what months, weeks, and even days are expensive or cheap. Personally, I like the week(S) right after memorial day. Rake rates are good and the weather is usually perfect.............hot but not TOO hot
Deal Fanatic
Oct 7, 2007
8384 posts
4348 upvotes
No matter where you decide to stay in Las Vegas, I would recommend really doing your homework. Hotel prices can really vary from site to site and on different dates and this can really save you a lot of money, if this is important to you.
Penalty Box
Feb 22, 2016
4745 posts
4326 upvotes
avoid CES week unless your work is paying for it and you're on an expense account...
Deal Addict
Sep 3, 2005
3165 posts
800 upvotes
Vaughan
Not sure what the cheapest month is, but i would think it would be one of the colder months. I went in Feb 2019, and i paid around $480 cdn taxes in, stayed at treasure island for 3 days (not on the weekend). There was promotion going on though. Free hotel, and you just paid for the flight itself. Can't remember if there was a limit on the number of days, but i only had 3 days off work, so that's the amount of time i went for. I could have stayed at hooters for $450 for those 3 days, but i wanted something on the strip.It does get colder at night during the winter months. Daytime temps are decent most days in the winter months. With Vegas, it depends on what promotions are going on, what events are happening, etc...

Just be aware that all Vegas hotels charge a mandatory "resort fee". Its around $40 per night, might be more or a bit less depending on where you stay. This charge will not show up until you check into your hotel. You pay this fee when you get to the hotel. So whatever deal you find, add approximately $40 per night on top of that.
For Sale

Nothing at the moment
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2013
1472 posts
336 upvotes
Red Deer, AB
We’re looking at going to Vegas, but due to circumstances, we have to travel during the September long weekend. When I look at prices now, they seem pretty high. I realize that hotel prices are always much higher during the weekends, but I’ve no idea if it’s a good idea to book now or wait and see if the prices come down ?
Banned
Apr 5, 2013
5810 posts
2968 upvotes
keenland
knuks101 wrote: We’re looking at going to Vegas, but due to circumstances, we have to travel during the September long weekend. When I look at prices now, they seem pretty high. I realize that hotel prices are always much higher during the weekends, but I’ve no idea if it’s a good idea to book now or wait and see if the prices come down ?
wait ....way too early...i go there quite often..just came back and going again in feb...still havent booked going down flight as I am waiting for it to fall..it dropped a bit.. but booked my return ticket..
$500 taxes in return is average.
I would say 4 weeks out is a good time if its not some major convention.
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2013
1472 posts
336 upvotes
Red Deer, AB
cardguy wrote: wait ....way too early...i go there quite often..just came back and going again in feb...still havent booked going down flight as I am waiting for it to fall..it dropped a bit.. but booked my return ticket..
$500 taxes in return is average.
I would say 4 weeks out is a good time if its not some major convention.
Thank you, even for a long weekend from Friday-Monday?

Right now we can fly with Swoop from Edmonton for $254 p.p., not sure if Swoop will have one of their $99 deals again, but I’m tempted to book already !
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2001
16727 posts
6954 upvotes
knuks101 wrote: We’re looking at going to Vegas, but due to circumstances, we have to travel during the September long weekend. When I look at prices now, they seem pretty high. I realize that hotel prices are always much higher during the weekends, but I’ve no idea if it’s a good idea to book now or wait and see if the prices come down ?
Book with someone that allows you to cancel. Then you have no risk - you have your hotel rate secured but if something better comes up you can cancel. This is for hotels - it's common to be able to cancel those bookings.

For airfare, generally speaking, this far out (9 months) you won't get the best deal. You could wait until a bit closer to the departure date. The downside is that, if for some reason it becomes a popular date you will pay more for airfare. My opinion is $254 round trip is a decent fare. Yes it could go cheaper, but I would feel confident in that being a good fare (especially over a long weekend). Just remember to make yourself aware of the fees when using Swoop.
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2013
1472 posts
336 upvotes
Red Deer, AB
Yes,I’m aware of the Swoop perks. They also have the option to pay an extra fee in case your date change and you have to make a modification.

The hotel tip is a good one, thank you!
Banned
Apr 5, 2013
5810 posts
2968 upvotes
keenland
knuks101 wrote: Yes,I’m aware of the Swoop perks. They also have the option to pay an extra fee in case your date change and you have to make a modification.

The hotel tip is a good one, thank you!
airfare price is very good and hard to beat..if you are not too picky about hotel...Treasure Island sent me a "no resort fee special" the prices are not bad (avg $100 night 4 nights all in)...considering your dates, (long weekend) as you will pay a premium for friday and sat anywhere..you can find it on their website."tv special"
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2013
1472 posts
336 upvotes
Red Deer, AB
cardguy wrote: airfare price is very good and hard to beat..if you are not too picky about hotel...Treasure Island sent me a "no resort fee special" the prices are not bad (avg $100 night 4 nights all in)...considering your dates, (long weekend) as you will pay a premium for friday and sat anywhere..you can find it on their website."tv special"
Awesome, thank you !