[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 28, 2008
1464 posts
480 upvotes
ON

Laser printer

Looking to purchase a laser printer within a month. Price area $200 or so
From my little knowledge/looking, Brother sounds good for toners.

Would like it to do ADF scanning, preferably duplex, and duplex printing.
Tempted to spend extra on colour but probably not unless a great deal.

I see places have the Brother MFC-L2750DW for $199, and I think there's a coupon for Staples as well. Is this a good deal? Should I wait for better deals on Boxing week?

If using a colour laser, does the toner usually work out the same cost as a monochrome laser if only doing black and white?
5 replies
Deal Addict
Nov 14, 2003
4361 posts
2660 upvotes
Gotham
Check brother.ca also and sign up for emails as they often have discounts.

I got monochrome for the cost and ease of maintenance.
May 11, 2007
978 posts
722 upvotes
Kitchener
wiat for the boxing week. You will get pretty decent laser printer for your price range. I had bought Brother color laser printer for around $200, 2 Xmas ago.
Dec 23, 2019
4 posts
I've ended up with Canon MF424dw on sale until 12/25/2019 11:59 PM in Staples for $ 249.99 - $10 coupon code 66490 found in other thread. So total $271.19 with tax in.
Everywhere else it's $100 more expensive.

I'ts bit better here and there (print quality speed, lcd, usb port on the front, warm up time, price per page) comparing to Brother MFC-L2750DW based on PCMAG review.
Main thing for me was that MF424dw comes with ~3100 pages cartridge, while MFC-L2750DW with 700 pages starter cartridge.
Brother more compact though.

Was thinking about colour one as well, but considering I won't be able to print photo quality anyways with such price range - it overall increases price per page and decreases speed.
Apr 28, 2019
49 posts
48 upvotes
I suggest wait and buy brother
They have excellent hardware and you can easily buy generic toner from amazon

Others such as canon, hp... they have chips in toner so they are quite expensive
Deal Guru
Sep 1, 2005
12026 posts
6909 upvotes
Markham
KenY41416 wrote: I suggest wait and buy brother
They have excellent hardware and you can easily buy generic toner from amazon

Others such as canon, hp... they have chips in toner so they are quite expensive
Brother also have chips in their toner.
HP were big workhorses in my old workplace back in the day and probably still are but I don't know because I do most of my printing at work on a photocopier unit.
We're all bozos on the bus until we find a way to express ourselves...

Failure is always an option...just not the preferred one!