• Jan 21st, 2019 12:46 pm
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2010
2188 posts
1199 upvotes
Montreal
TimothyLeary wrote:
Jan 10th, 2019 6:23 pm
You're joking right? Check multiple threads on this jacket, everyone echoes the same sentiments. I have this jacket and went down a size. Fits perfectly while my true size was to big.

Disregard my post if you like the thugging and bugging look. To each their own.
I usually wear XL and I bought an XL coat and it fits perfectly. Anyways on the page there is a size guide. Use that if you are not sure.
May 1, 2004
667 posts
171 upvotes
Montreal
I picked up the McMurdo yesterday. Also note that it says that it’s the previous year’s model. I can’t see any major difference between last year’s and this year’s, so I didn’t really care. I’ve been waiting for it to go on sale after I missed out on the 50% off during Boxing Day. I watched the Colors and sizes available go down and decided to buy it instead of risking not having my size later on.
Oct 14, 2015
56 posts
17 upvotes
Toronto,ON
eyeswdeshut wrote:
Jan 10th, 2019 6:38 pm
I dont know, i went and tried it on in store, size down was crazy tight and i was just wearing a shirt and the sleeves were too short. Either way ppl should be trying them on before buying
I agree.
Oct 14, 2015
56 posts
17 upvotes
Toronto,ON
Got the McMurdo III in asphalt grey and the Gotham III in black. My wife says I can keep only one. But which one?
Aug 23, 2013
191 posts
67 upvotes
MONTR
This jacket on sale at around $200 almost every Black Friday or Christmas.
Deal Addict
Jul 21, 2008
1116 posts
994 upvotes
GTA
TimothyLeary wrote:
Jan 10th, 2019 6:04 pm
Don't forget when purchasing northface jackets to size down. If you are normally a large buy a medium.

Use code SHP10 for $10 off $100 (once per account only).
Uh.. definitely the opposite advice you should be giving with these jackets unless you want to look like a person who purposely wears jackets a size too small.
Deal Addict
Jul 26, 2007
1035 posts
119 upvotes
Calgary
I have to agree with everyone. Gotham fits big. I normally wear L jackets and I look like the Michelin man wearing a L.
Deal Addict
Jun 21, 2003
2818 posts
568 upvotes
Stoney Creek, ON
I sized down from my usual medium to small when buying a Gotham III last year. At the time I was able to go in to sportchek before buying online to find my size. Does McMurdo require the same adjustment? I'm debating picking one up as I love how warm my Gotham is but kind of want a longer jacket as well.
Deal Addict
Dec 17, 2012
1202 posts
352 upvotes
Winnipeg
xblackdemonx wrote:
Jan 10th, 2019 6:12 pm
Don't listen to him unless you want to be wearing a very tight coat.
I did last year and ordered a medium size everything Is perfect however it is tight on the neck side and rest is pretty snug and can't wear any other sweater underneath...should have gone with large...cant return.. so buy large if you normally wear large.
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2007
2731 posts
2536 upvotes
GTA
TNF sizing big has been like this for years, yet retailers don't seem to have caught on--- they rarely stock XS and always end up with XL's they can't sell. Why TNF or the retailers can't get their act together is a mystery.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 23, 2005
8292 posts
4014 upvotes
TimothyLeary wrote:
Jan 10th, 2019 6:23 pm
You're joking right? Check multiple threads on this jacket, everyone echoes the same sentiments. I have this jacket and went down a size. Fits perfectly while my true size was to big.

Disregard my post if you like the thugging and bugging look. To each their own.
I wear L and personally found M to be way too tight. I think it's best for one to try one on if possible and decide on the fit best suited for them.
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2006
1047 posts
69 upvotes
xblackdemonx wrote:
Jan 10th, 2019 8:11 pm
I usually wear XL and I bought an XL coat and it fits perfectly. Anyways on the page there is a size guide. Use that if you are not sure.
I wear medium, I bought a Gotham III medium after trying in the store and it fits perfectly

Disclaimer... I heard about the one size up also, tried on the large and it was too big.
Nov 24, 2018
147 posts
20 upvotes
My normal size is also medium. I tried on a Gotham medium but it’s too baggy then tried on a small, it fits just perfect plus I can still wear a hoodie+T-shirt inside. I guess it depends on your build really
Oct 17, 2008
113 posts
16 upvotes
Toronto
I’d say size down half a size. So if large usually fits a bit loose, get med. if large is on the tighter side, stay with large. I normally wear large and large is a bit big but I tried the med and it was too tight