• Last Updated:
  • Feb 27th, 2019 12:02 pm
Jun 27, 2017
160 posts
44 upvotes
cheney wrote:
Feb 20th, 2019 9:37 pm
spring rain jacket
Thanks! I bought one, hope it fits me and serves me well this upcoming spring.
Dec 8, 2015
47 posts
57 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Seems like North Face is at its cheapest on lasthunt? Pulled trigger for a North Face winter parka. ebates is also at 2% right now.

EvanFBC wrote:
Feb 20th, 2019 10:10 pm
Any coupon codes right now?
It's literally 3 posts above you...
Deal Addict
Jan 4, 2011
4752 posts
1079 upvotes
Bought a jacket there a few weeks ago.

100% satisfied.
Deal Addict
May 22, 2003
3241 posts
1346 upvotes
Vancouver
Bought a North Face Mcmurdo parka last week during 15% off extra sale. Just picked up a Marmot Minimalist Component jacket with 10% coupon for rainjacket
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2007
2104 posts
1044 upvotes
Prince George
fightbriz wrote:
Feb 20th, 2019 9:19 pm
Can someone explain why Arcteryx products are always so ridiculously ugly, especially their colour selection? I mean i think they make good products and all, and function over form yada yadda, and i don't need something super fashionable, but some of their stuff is just ridiculously hideous, and of all the colours in the rainbow, they had to choose the ugliest puke colours..

Could they not hire someone with an eye for basic aesthetics?
Note that the selection on TLH is previous seasons’ stock on clearance because it didn’t sell at regular retail. So of course you’ll see more of the less popular colours there.

But of course beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
Jan 11, 2013
54 posts
33 upvotes
Toronto
mikebc wrote:
Feb 20th, 2019 10:01 pm
North Face Banchee 50L. You rarely find them in stock, let alone on sale.
puglife644 wrote:
Feb 20th, 2019 10:39 pm
I would say the Kestrel 48 for $99.99 is a great deal for those of you who enjoy hiking, if you can get a filler for free shipping. Here's all the Osprey bags available: https://www.thelasthunt.com/collections ... rey&page=1

I paid a *lot* more for my Atmos 65AG.
Hm, I'm interested in buying one of those, but am curious if you guys have a recommendation between them? They seem like very equivalent products.
Deal Addict
Apr 2, 2006
1105 posts
144 upvotes
TheCheapCDN wrote:
Feb 20th, 2019 10:37 pm
Thanks! I bought one, hope it fits me and serves me well this upcoming spring.
I have one. They fit large and the sleeves are ridiculously long but with Velcro closure not too bad.

It’s a Goretex soft shell with a soft lining but definitely not warm enough by itself as a winter coat but it is waterproof. Also has pit zips but may be an overkill on this jacket and adds weight.

Also keep in mind it is relatively heavy - I think the 2.0 is close to 28 oz
May 22, 2015
547 posts
716 upvotes
Vancouver
The Banchee and Kestrel are both ultralight hybrids, so it has low weights but keeps some of the luxuries of a normal bag.

Kestrel is a top and side loader but has less pockets and a 7L smaller capacity for the same weight. The Banchee is a top load only with a slightly worse suspension system according to reviews, but I prefer TNF's fit on my body. After an hour with a friend's Atmos my shoulders were aching.

I ended up buying the Gregory Paragon (which is lighter and has more functionality), which isn't on sale (thank god).

End of the day, they're similar and you won't find a Banchee in any store to go try on so go with the color that you like the most. You can definitely find a Kestrel and a TNF Terra (https://www.thelasthunt.com/products/th ... f-nf00a6k0) at an Atmosphere store (maybe Sportchek...) to try both frames on. The Terra is the same suspension as the Banchee, just with pads instead of a back netting.
Jul 20, 2016
946 posts
463 upvotes
Toronto
2% cashback on Ebates,
10% coupon on 200+ (mentioned before)- NEWS10
huuuu! (¬'-')¬ C-('-'Q) straight!
May 22, 2015
547 posts
716 upvotes
Vancouver
neonic wrote:
Feb 20th, 2019 11:11 pm
10% coupon on 200+ (mentioned before)- NEWS10
Just put in my order. Can confirm NEWS10 works on clearance. Only 5% tax charged too.
Aug 24, 2015
142 posts
515 upvotes
AB
EvanFBC wrote:
Feb 20th, 2019 10:55 pm
Hm, I'm interested in buying one of those, but am curious if you guys have a recommendation between them? They seem like very equivalent products.
You'd really have to try on both bags to be sure. No use spending $$$ on a bag no matter what brand if it doesn't fit well.
That being said, I trust Osprey's quality and warranty over TNF.
Apr 6, 2017
283 posts
286 upvotes
You need to pick an item and watch the price. These sales are totally bogus. The percentage off means absolutely nothing because the baseline orice keeps changing.
Deal Addict
Jun 25, 2005
1968 posts
905 upvotes
Ottawa
tfong010 wrote:
Feb 20th, 2019 11:28 pm
You need to pick an item and watch the price. These sales are totally bogus. The percentage off means absolutely nothing because the baseline orice keeps changing.
I’m not sure that I agree. I thought that they’re consistent with the MRSP.
Jan 26, 2011
404 posts
130 upvotes
Gatineau
Just bought a Northface winter jacket and a backpack for biking last weekend; now the jacket is 60% off (it was 50%). That's the risk with that website, but I received it today and it is definitely worth what I paid and I got the colours I would have purchased even at full price; well at least I got the NEWS10 coupon.