• Last Updated:
  • Feb 11th, 2018 2:12 pm
Banned
Dec 8, 2007
2666 posts
2357 upvotes
For all those wondering about sizing, Mackage is a fashion brand and their jackets are at best slim fit and at worst a half size to full size down. The problem with sizing is that different areas on different people are sized differently. So if you have the same height and weight as somebody else, the fit can still be an entire size different sometimes. Like if one person has a wider waist but another has a bigger chest or thicker arms or wider shoulders. For this brand and at prices like this with no refunds, I would strongly advise those of you who have never tried on this brand to try one in person before making a purchase. The resale/used market for this brand is nowhere near as strong as CG, so it will be hard to even break even if you try to recoup your money that way.
Banned
Dec 8, 2007
2666 posts
2357 upvotes
bkushner wrote: Not really. Very few retailers carry this. The ones I saw were blowing them out.
He's right about people buying these at full price and about their popularity, at least in Toronto where his location states. They've been everywhere for years now, especially among women. The majority of stores that sell CG sell Mackage. More places sell Mackage than MK or Nobis. They can be found in many boutiques, especially for women, and for retail chains, in SportingLife, JCY House, Mendocino, Holt Renfrew, Nordstrom, Saks, Harry Rosen, and at The Bay (before Saks). They also have their own stores now. I would not consider that to be "very few retailers".
Dec 10, 2004
871 posts
18 upvotes
Vancouver
JayLove06 wrote: It really makes no sense for a clothing store to not have returns or exchanges. Good deal but can’t return makes it eh.

How is the quality? My girl wants one.
I love Mackage. Have worn the Adali for a couple of years and it’s like new, except for some dirt. They’re great for women - slim fitting parkas but warm.
Just bought the Romane bomber at this price. Thanks!
Mar 12, 2017
86 posts
34 upvotes
imflying12 wrote: Can't compare Mackage to CG or Nobis. Reason why Mackage is always on sale yearly... these jackets are very tight Plus their quality is not on par to cg or Nobis.
I've heard the same. My brother hasn't been happy with his either after less than 2yrs of owning it. He has two small tears around zipper due to normal use. He bought from a sample sale so no warranty either.
[OP]
Dec 11, 2010
841 posts
304 upvotes
Toronto
I usually would head over to Mackage yorkdale mall and try on the sizes in store and wait for sales online or if sportinglife have what I wanted I can go to Markville mall (close location) to try on the jackets first. Then wait for a sale online.

I agreed with above, it is a fashion brand so fit is slim, the bad part is I fit between a 42 and 44 so I have to go with 44 and a little bit too big. Bigger is better than tighter for me though.
Last edited by miniflight on Feb 10th, 2018 10:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jun 13, 2017
9 posts
Thanks OP. In for the Edward. Anyone know the difference between the B and W version of this jacket besides the price?
[OP]
Dec 11, 2010
841 posts
304 upvotes
Toronto
MoeMoe316 wrote: Thanks OP. In for the Edward. Anyone know the difference between the B and W version of this jacket besides the price?
At first I thought W stands for Wide but I think it is Wool - Shell (Woven): 40% Wool, 30% Viscose, 27% Polyester, 3% Pu. Lining (Woven):100% Polyester.
Feb 23, 2011
214 posts
197 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
thanks OP..got the trish for the wife..
Feb 24, 2012
226 posts
139 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
Took a risk ordered florian bomber in small. Im 170 pounds 5'7. Planning to lose 20 pounds for summer anyways so hopefully fits perfectly next winter.
Nov 1, 2016
56 posts
13 upvotes
Thinking of ordering an Edward. Are these likely to go down to 60% off?
Oct 29, 2015
316 posts
131 upvotes
Didn't pull the trigger last night :( anyone get the Navy Dixon in size 44?
[removed for signature violation]
Feb 24, 2012
226 posts
139 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
https://www.mackage.com/ca/en/florian-w ... down-coats

the size chart on the maxkage site is different to the one used on the last hunt. I think this could be grounds for complaint if your jackets dont fit. The last hunt states that 38 and 40 are small and medium where as mackages official websites states 38 and 40 as xtra small and small. The jacket i ordered will surely be too small going by the offical mackage websites size chart. The last hunt says you cant cancel an order after making it....can i call my credit card comapny and cancel???
Aug 27, 2017
86 posts
132 upvotes
I don't get why there's still a dixon available.
worst case scenario, if it doesn't fit you can sell it for 800$ in 6-8 months.
Deal Addict
Aug 9, 2011
1946 posts
332 upvotes
GTA
cheapmtl wrote: I don't get why there's still a dixon available.
worst case scenario, if it doesn't fit you can sell it for 800$ in 6-8 months.
Mackage is always on sale. Look at the overwhelming supply of Mackage on kijiji vs. other brands. No one is going to buy a Mackage off of you. There are plenty of better options.

heres another one on sale
https://www.sportinglife.ca/p/24888380/ ... -sa-jacket
Aug 27, 2017
86 posts
132 upvotes
imflying12 wrote: Mackage is always on sale. Look at the overwhelming supply of Mackage on kijiji vs. other brands. No one is going to buy a Mackage off of you. There are plenty of better options.

heres another one on sale
https://www.sportinglife.ca/p/24888380/ ... -sa-jacket
that's one ugly mackage (for 920$ if you include taxes). lol

why so pessimistic? you really think it won't sell for 650$ brand new with tags?? in what kind of world do you live? Lol
Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2006
1913 posts
347 upvotes
North York
Great deal, let's see if my parents want some of this action.
Deal Expert
Jan 15, 2006
16999 posts
15608 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Thanks OP, but my daughter the girls leelee, at that price it's decent, much better then paying $500.
Deal Addict
Jul 8, 2009
1318 posts
629 upvotes
T Dot
anyone wear a XS in CG and tried on Mackage sizes? Not sure if 40 is too baggy
Nov 4, 2015
348 posts
101 upvotes
T.O
dk87 wrote: anyone wear a XS in CG and tried on Mackage sizes? Not sure if 40 is too baggy
It will be too baggy imo you should look for a 38. Size 40 is a small/medium depending on the style.
TELUS 25gb/$40